Author Topic: COVID-19 was third leading cause of death last year, CDC says  (Read 689 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
COVID-19 was third leading cause of death last year, CDC says

Researchers analyzed death certificate data to confirm COVID-19’s impact.
By
Alexandra Kelley | March 31, 2021

Story at a glance

COVID-19 infections were the third leading cause of death in the U.S. in 2020, following heart disease and cancer.
    Documented preexisting conditions were present for a majority of COVID-19 fatalities.

Furthering the proof that the COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically rocked the fabric of American life, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released new data confirming COVID-19 infections and related illnesses were the third leading cause of death in 2020.

These fatalities were only outnumbered by heart disease, still the leading cause of death, and cancer.

Unintentional injuries, diabetes, Alzheimer disease, stroke, and kidney disease were also responsible for large counts of U.S. fatalities.

In 2020 overall, COVID-19 has claimed about 345,000 deaths. Heart disease is responsible for about 690,000 fatalities, and cancer victims totaled 598,000.

more
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/longevity/545777-covid-19-was-third-leading-cause-of-death-last-year-cdc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: COVID-19 was third leading cause of death last year, CDC says
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 05:15:23 pm »
The covid death numbers are suspect.  I suspect they are hugely inflated and wrongly reported as covid to further an agenda and to profit over the virus.

So I ain't buying the crap the CDC is cooking.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 05:47:46 pm »
I'm not doubting that 345,000 people tested positive for SARS-2 shortly before or after their deaths.  But I strongly dispute the unsupported claim that Covid caused their deaths.  Persons in other groups are being counted twice.  A traffic accident death for someone testing positive for SARS-2 is counted as an accidental death AND a Covid death.  A terminal cancer patient who tests positive for SARS-2 when they pass counts as a cancer death AND a Covid death.  The causation label is simply applied without validation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 07:02:32 pm »
I'm not doubting that 345,000 people tested positive for SARS-2 shortly before or after their deaths.  But I strongly dispute the unsupported claim that Covid caused their deaths.  Persons in other groups are being counted twice.  A traffic accident death for someone testing positive for SARS-2 is counted as an accidental death AND a Covid death.  A terminal cancer patient who tests positive for SARS-2 when they pass counts as a cancer death AND a Covid death.  The causation label is simply applied without validation.

The number of deaths by any cause per week has varied between 10k~25k per week above recent averages.  The two spikes in death rates correspond to spikes in covid infection rates.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

I do not think this was because of an increase in traffic deaths during our lockdowns.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 09:33:03 pm »
Disregard.  Formula error.  45 of 52 weeks set max.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 07:45:48 pm »
Trust the CDC at your peril.

The USA is reporting COVID death very different than other nations.  Many nations do not attribute death to COVID if there is comorbidity.

If I am 75 and have severe congestive heart failure, in other countries, they do not count that death as COVID.  The USA is manipulating data to force the use of these vaccines and further enrich pharma.  It is a damn scam!!!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 07:58:22 pm »
Trust the CDC at your peril.

The USA is reporting COVID death very different than other nations.  Many nations do not attribute death to COVID if there is comorbidity.

If I am 75 and have severe congestive heart failure, in other countries, they do not count that death as COVID.  The USA is manipulating data to force the use of these vaccines and further enrich pharma.  It is a damn scam!!!

Correct.  Covid, cold virus is 99.7 % recovery.

30 MAR 2021
CDC Admits COVID Vaccine Deaths Double Those OF Last Decade: 1700 People Dead In 3 Months

We saw last week that nearly 4,000 people in Europe have died from the vaccine, now the United States, that number is over 1,750.
The number of deaths ‘related’ to vaccines, according to the CDC, has skyrocketed this year, with numbers over 1,750 in less than three months. Of course, those numbers are only the deaths that they can’t explain away with ‘other’ factors.

The Gateway Pundit reported:
There are more US deaths related to vaccines in 2021 in less than 3 months than there were the entire past decade.
The number of deaths related to vaccines this year has absolutely skyrocketed. According to the CDC’s own data, in 2021 in less than 3 months, we have already seen over 1,750 deaths due to vaccines in the US.

https://conservativedailypost.com/cdc-a ... -3-months/

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 08:36:15 pm »
You die WITH Covid, not necessarily from Covid.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 01:13:57 am »
In the not too distant future, more folks will die from the vaccines than the virus.

If the doctors claiming the vaccine will kill massive numbers of folks, that day will be knocking soon.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2021, 01:17:51 am »
I ain't buying it. I don't know ONE single person that has even had it,never mind died from it.

I do know a couple of people who say THEY know of someone else that had it and did NOT die from it,but I still ain't buying it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 01:18:55 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 02:28:50 am »
Sneakypete, I had it, my wife had it.  In fact, we think we had it twice.  The first time was January, 2020, BEFORE they had tests for COVID.

Both times I was extremely weak.  First time, I spent a week in bed.  2nd time, I was weak, but I got up every day.  The symptoms were slightly different.  I had a Fibro myalgia sort of symptom, where my skin was extremely sensitive, and painful when touched.  My wife had the same, but that is all she had.  I had a fever both times, 2nd infection for 15 damn days. 

I still have not regained my taste capability fully.  I would guess I am at 50% presently.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 02:55:05 am »
Sneakypete, I had it, my wife had it.  In fact, we think we had it twice.  The first time was January, 2020, BEFORE they had tests for COVID.

Both times I was extremely weak.  First time, I spent a week in bed.  2nd time, I was weak, but I got up every day.  The symptoms were slightly different.  I had a Fibro myalgia sort of symptom, where my skin was extremely sensitive, and painful when touched.  My wife had the same, but that is all she had.  I had a fever both times, 2nd infection for 15 damn days. 

I still have not regained my taste capability fully.  I would guess I am at 50% presently.

I believe,  I had it twice too.  First time, first week in Feb. 2020. Just low grade fever for 5 days. (99.5?) Nothing else. no cough, sneeze, NOTHING.  Then last week in March 2020.  Same low grade fever, for 7 days!  This time I felt it trying to get into my lungs. At the top.  I used silver, green tea, zinc and home made Elderberry tincture. No cough, sneeze, running nose, nothing. No bowel issues. Just low grade fever.  I just went about my business at home.  Nothing since.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 02:56:29 am by LegalAmerican »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 04:29:33 am »
I used silver, green tea, zinc and home made Elderberry tincture.

Good on ya. I wish I had Elderberry around here, I would roll my own too... It's around over in the Idaho panhandle, over toward Coeur d'Alene, but we don't have it here. So I get to buy that online. There's a caution in that, as one has to be careful of witches (who are big in the natural remedy field).

I have been on fire cider for over a year now, twice a day, and jacking Cs and Ds. Ain't got it yet. Or if I did, I didn't know. But I have a hard time getting sick with any corona virus I think ... being around cows and dogs my whole life, I have had a constant exposure, and never get colds to speak of, so my immunity is probably pretty high.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2021, 04:43:19 am »

@jafo2010
You seem awful lucid for someone who has died twice.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 05:19:37 am »
In the not too distant future, more folks will die from the vaccines than the virus.

If the doctors claiming the vaccine will kill massive numbers of folks, that day will be knocking soon.
We will never know the true number of Covid or Vaccine deaths.
The government will never allow those numbers to be published.
The Covid death numbers are inflated and unreliable.
The Vaccine deaths are underreported and unreliable.
In fact, I would bet the government will report Vaccine deaths as Covid deaths.
That is a win-win for King Fauci, the CDC, and the whole gang of Democrat Covid vultures.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.