Author Topic: Biden to announce up to $4 trillion infrastructure plan with massive tax hikes  (Read 7366 times)

Online roamer_1

So put the knife to your throat and do it, as you see the inevitable death anyway,

And BTW, you are the one who said that first, so stop the placing words in the mouths of others.

I don't do suicides.

I see that the other way around, your knife to the throat is a feckless party that hasn't done a damn thing in thirty years.
When the ONLY thing that will turn this around is Conservatism, and the Republican party has not won a single issue for Conservatism in thirty-plus years, there is not a single tooth in that dog's mouth.

FURTHERMORE, When Republicans have become a proponent of big-government, every bit as much as the Democrats, to the order of tens of trillions of dollars in spending, your argument deflates entirely.

If what we are shooting for is small government the Republicans are of no avail.

So regardless of what is coming, when the one who is supposed to rise and defend has not and does not do so, then there is no warrant for support. You can point at Democrats and screech all day long. Doesn't mean sh*t if your feckless party ain't going to do anything anyway.

Not only do nothing, but actually HELP the liberals - Go look at what passed as law with Republicans holding BOTH houses, and then for the next two years holding the Senate, AND And and... with the so-called 'most conservative president evah' presiding... Go look at that and know what a joke it is.

If that is what you propose as opposition to the liberal, you've got another think coming.
The liberals are winning because they have NO opposition.
I refuse to support that anymore. And i never will again.

You want my vote? Show me the damn money. Put up or shut up.
You've got nothing in three decades, and you've got nothing now.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I see that the other way around, your knife to the throat is a feckless party that hasn't done a damn thing in thirty years.
When the ONLY thing that will turn this around is Conservatism, and the Republican party has not won a single issue for Conservatism in thirty-plus years, there is not a single tooth in that dog's mouth.

FURTHERMORE, When Republicans have become a proponent of big-government, every bit as much as the Democrats, to the order of tens of trillions of dollars in spending, your argument deflates entirely.

If what we are shooting for is small government the Republicans are of no avail.

So regardless of what is coming, when the one who is supposed to rise and defend has not and does not do so, then there is no warrant for support. You can point at Democrats and screech all day long. Doesn't mean sh*t if your feckless party ain't going to do anything anyway.

Not only do nothing, but actually HELP the liberals - Go look at what passed as law with Republicans holding BOTH houses, and then for the next two years holding the Senate, AND And and... with the so-called 'most conservative president evah' presiding... Go look at that and know what a joke it is.

If that is what you propose as opposition to the liberal, you've got another think coming.

"He's dead, Jim"
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

"He's dead, Jim"

Nah. He's right, Jim.
And you know it.

Offline GrouchoTex

@sneakypete

Of course, the President is not a dictator and all spending bills come to him from Congress.
But once, just once, wouldn't you like to see a President veto one of these boondoggles, kick it back up the hill, and say, "Nope, not signing it. Too much spending".
I won't hold my breathe watching for it, but everyone of them has had that opportunity.

I am not sure what ice cream has to do with vetoes....

As far as my refund goes, I try to get as little as possible, or on the flip-side, owe them as little as possible.

I'm not a big fan of what they are doing with my  money.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Of course, the President is not a dictator and all spending bills come to him from Congress.I
But once, just once, wouldn't you like to see a President veto one of these boondoggles, kick it back up the hill, and say, "Nope, not signing it. Too much spending".

@Grouch oTex

I can't remember which one it was,but I do remember one doing just that. Probably Reagan or Trump.
I won't hold my breathe watching for it, but everyone of them has had that opportunity.

I am not sure what ice cream has to do with vetoes....

Context,my man,context.

As far as my refund goes, I try to get as little as possible, or on the flip-side, owe them as little as possible.

Smart move.

I'm not a big fan of what they are doing with my  money.

Nobody is,but it seems like everybody is a fan of what they do with everyone else's money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

That is the problem. No one is doing any shooting.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

I think the last president to VETO a spending bill was Clinton(?)

Trump didn't even pretend to be concerned about debt or deficits
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

That is the problem. No one is doing any shooting.

Give it a minute. Because if we keep going like we are, it is surely coming.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think the last president to VETO a spending bill was Clinton(?)

Trump didn't even pretend to be concerned about debt or deficits

@LMAO

There are only so many hours in the day,and so many battles you can fight at once,and his "fight card" was already full.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

@Bigun

Tax increases NEVER raise what they project because they are based on static revenue analysis, i.e.-  the assumption that changes in tax rates will not alter taxpayer behavior in a quantifiable way.

Progressives adhere to this way of thinking not because they believe it, but because it is politically useful.
Exactly correct. George Bush promised no new taxes. Then placed a tax on new Luxury Yachts. The uber wealthy immediately stopped purchasing them. This resulted in the loss of jobs for thousands of Middle class boat builders that had been employed in their manufacture. The net result was a loss in tax revenue and loss of employment for the men and women employed in the industry.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

I gotta feelin' that this is gonna be one of those bills with hundreds of pages of stuff you're not findin' out about until it's too late.

And that specifically includes tax increases...
Exactly like Obozo's Shovel ready jobs.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

Prevented the Harridan Administration from existing.

Grew the economy.

Middle-class tax cuts.

Lowest black unemployment rate ever.

Built the wall.

Told China to stuff it.

Got NATO paid instead of Clinton laid.

ENERGY INDEPENDENCE.

Rolled back regulations.

Returned manufacturing to the US.

And he did that ALL BY HIMSELF, because of traitors we could name want the Rodents to win.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Ilk this. Plenty of people around here completely Grok what @roamer_1 is telling you.

Yes, we most certainly do.

He's telling us that holding our breath and turning "blue" is the ONLY thing that a Principled Conservative will do unless the candidate is 100.000000000000000000000000000000% Aryan Pure.

He's telling us that the Never Trumpers really do exist in a idea-sterile plastic bubble of ineffectuality and that their religion is the ONLY True Religion and they damn well lack the imagination and maturity to realize that if not all roads lead to Amber, there's certainly more than one road to get there, but what they don't see is that road they want to travel doesn't get there at all.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online roamer_1

Prevented the Harridan Administration from existing.

No he didn't. It went underground.

Grew the economy.

Are you friggin NUTS? COVID LOCKDOWN. He shut the country off. He shut it FRIGGIN OFF!

Middle-class tax cuts.

Without spending cuts. That means inflating the dollar. SO now you pay more by way of money being worth less.
whoopee.

Lowest black unemployment rate ever.

Not for long.

Built the wall.

What, a couple hundred miles more than what was already slated for repair? And how much is LEFT to build?I am just a dumb redneck, but around here we don't figure a fence is done until you can't walk around it.

Told China to stuff it.

To what advantage now?

Got NATO paid instead of Clinton laid.

No. Not really. GO see what Nato ACTUALLY got paid.

ENERGY INDEPENDENCE.

HE SHUT IT FRIGGIN ~OFF~ Where is that independence NOW?

Rolled back regulations.

A pittance at best.

Returned manufacturing to the US.
]

Howabout NOW?

And he did that ALL BY HIMSELF, because of traitors we could name want the Rodents to win.

I don't give a single sh*t about your sniveling. I care about results. If he was betrayed, the problem is letting those in that betrayed him. That's your fault. Even if I accepted half of the nonsense you're dropping your panties for, which I really don't, YOU GOT NOTHING. It's ALL GONE. None of it was permanent. NONE.
That is called a waste of time.

Even if he were the messiah you consider him SO WHAT? You STILL got NOTHING.
You can swoon and mourn and bawl your eyes out, but the point is the only truth. YOU_GOT_NOTHING.

My God, y'all. It's like a frat party, and now you got the hangover.
You still don't understand, because you are all pissed at me for harming the virtue of Orange_Man_Great.
That ain't the point.
The point is that you got nothing.
And that is your own fault. Not mine.

Well roamer, you go to war with the army you have...
NOW DO YOU HEAR ME? The army you have is what cut your throat and stabbed you in the back.

Y'alls entire way of voting brought this on.. Y'all DID this.
Even if your messiah was a messiah (which is bullcrap), Your own party cut him to pieces. That's YOUR fault.

But y'all won't hear me. watch and see Y'all will do it all again next time... Exactly the same way.

Online roamer_1

Yes, we most certainly do.

He's telling us that holding our breath and turning "blue" is the ONLY thing that a Principled Conservative will do unless the candidate is 100.000000000000000000000000000000% Aryan Pure.

Absolute horseshit.
I stand upon the things y'all say you defend.
Which of them will be thrown under the bus NEXT TIME to absolutely no avail.
Y'all defend nothing without defending all. That is the very POINT of Conservatism in politics - To strengthen each faction the other. That is what you will not do.

That is not purity. It is not hard to find a candidate that will work for all the factions. That's all you need to do.
But y'all won't. You compromise and lose every time. Even when you win.

The purity you discard is the very agreement between Conservative factions. The very things that bind us together.
I will never agree to that. And why would I? it never works anyway.

YOU GOT NOTHING.

He's telling us that the Never Trumpers really do exist in a idea-sterile plastic bubble of ineffectuality and that their religion is the ONLY True Religion and they damn well lack the imagination and maturity to realize that if not all roads lead to Amber, there's certainly more than one road to get there, but what they don't see is that road they want to travel doesn't get there at all.

WHO IS INEFFECTIVE?

Y'all are ~YOU GOT NOTHING~
And compromised to get it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:49:04 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Killer Clouds

I am just a dumb redneck.
That is the only truthful thing you stated in that whole BS lying rant.

Online roamer_1

That is the only truthful thing you stated in that whole BS lying rant.

There isn't a single lie in there. Not a one,

You got nothing.

Less 'purity'==More RINOs.
Make up your damn minds.

Offline Killer Clouds

There isn't a single lie in there. Not a one,

You got nothing.

Less 'purity'==More RINOs.
Make up your damn minds.
It was all lies except you admitting you're a stupid redneck. Go back to the corner where you sit in rhe land of make believe with your liberal buddies and STFU.

Offline libertybele

As @roamer_1 has pointed out several times ; the GOP offers NO OPPOSITION!!! I absolutely agree.  They may rant and rave, but when push comes to shove they do nothing.  The GOP had the SUPER majority for years and did nothing. They made no headway, the only headway that they made was to empower the liberals even more.

I will not vote for anyone who is not a conservative and I have ALWAYS voted for the candidate that I thought would move this country in a positive direction -- even if it means voting 3rd party.

Until conservatives find a way to prevent another election from being stolen all talk about the future of the GOP in 2022 is nothing but a bunch of hot air and it's like watching a hamster spin its wheel inside his cage.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

It was all lies except you admitting you're a stupid redneck. Go back to the corner where you sit in rhe land of make believe with your liberal buddies and STFU.

Prove it. You can't. Because what I said is exactly so.
ALL of it for nothing. Every bit of it, gone like the smoke it always was.
As I said, all the way along.

That is why executive orders don't count.
That is why RINO Republicans ain't better than Democrats. They make your party incapable of fighting anything.
That is why Republicans have not won on a single Conservative issue IN MY LIFE.

And that you can't see that is exactly why they will continue to do exactly the same thing all over again.

Y'all FAILED bigly - as predicted from the start.

You got nothing.
The ball moved Left
And
Y'all learned nothing.
And you'll do it all again.
Populism. BAH.

Online roamer_1

it's like watching a hamster spin its wheel inside his cage.

And nothing will change form it @libertybele , watch and see.
That is why I am a Republican no longer.
It's all baloney.
They offer no opposition, and almost never have.

And liberalism makes striding gains even in the administration of 'the most conservative president evah'  *****rollingeyes***** **nononono*

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

C'mon, man!  The Mods really hate it when they have to slap members.  It's the worst part of the gig.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And nothing will change form it @libertybele , watch and see.
That is why I am a Republican no longer.
It's all baloney.
They offer no opposition, and almost never have.

And liberalism makes striding gains even in the administration of 'the most conservative president evah'  *****rollingeyes***** **nononono*

Well, I am not giving up on them just yet.  I got a second wind when I became a geezer, retired, and moved to a County full of like-minded people.  The folks started off pizzed at the Governor and AG let the Rats get away with stealing the AZ election, but since then we're outnumbering the Rats in voter registration by many times (In a one month period, the AZ State GOP picked up 11,000 new registrants, and the Rats got about 1,800). 

This is not the sound of feet running out of the building.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

Well, I am not giving up on them just yet.  I got a second wind when I became a geezer, retired, and moved to a County full of like-minded people.  The folks started off pizzed at the Governor and AG let the Rats get away with stealing the AZ election, but since then we're outnumbering the Rats in voter registration by many times (In a one month period, the AZ State GOP picked up 11,000 new registrants, and the Rats got about 1,800). 

This is not the sound of feet running out of the building.

And you'll do fine. The problem is not in Conservative strongholds in rural states.
And more power to ya, by the way. You'd have my vote anytime.
Because I WILL vote for Conservatives, any time I can.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And you'll do fine. The problem is not in Conservative strongholds in rural states.
And more power to ya, by the way. You'd have my vote anytime.
Because I WILL vote for Conservatives, any time I can.

Let's see if my optimism survives the weekend.  I have a GOP State Executive Board meeting in Tucson, so I'll be facing off with the RINOs in Phoenix and Tucson.  I like the playing field, because Mohave County has the same number of voting members as Maricopa.  Three, and I'm the sled dog with a view.

Let's see if the tail can wag that ol' dawg.
I will NOT comply.