Author Topic: US Olympic Committee will allow kneeling, raised fists at qualifying trials  (Read 453 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US Olympic Committee will allow kneeling, raised fists at qualifying trials
By Mychael Schnell - 03/30/21 01:28 PM EDT

The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) on Tuesday announced that certain racial and social justice demonstrations will be permitted at qualifying trials, including kneeling and raised fists.

Wearing a hat with phrases such as “Black Lives Matter,” vocally advocating for equal rights for minority groups, holding up a fist at the start line or on the podium, and kneeling on the podium or at the start line during the national anthem are all acceptable demonstrations, the committee said. Athletes who engage in these demonstrations will not be sanctioned.

“The USOPC values the expressions of Team USA athletes and believes that their right to advocate for racial and social justice aligns with the fundamental values of equality that define Team USA and the Olympic and Paralympic movements,” an overview of the rules from the committee reads.

The policy only affects trial events, not the Olympic and Paralympic Games. In the coming months, the committee said it will issue separate guidance for the Games.

In a letter to Team USA athletes, U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee CEO Sarah Hirshland called racial and social justice demonstrations an “important” topic, adding “I have confidence you’ll make the best decision for you, your sport and your fellow competitors.”

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/545573-us-olympic-committee-will-allow-kneeling-raised-fists-at-trials
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Guess I won't be watching the Olympics :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

I might be cheering for the other country if that (kneeling) happens.  9999hair out0000
However, athletes from many countries now kneel when their national anthem is played. And some get booed. Some English soccer players got booed when they knelt for the NA in a match some months ago. Naturally, the English media berated the fans for not supporting the spoiled players.
I just might not watch the Olympics too.

Offline mountaineer

Why would anyone strive to represent a country he disrespects?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

I won't be either.  I'll be damned if I watch another group disrespect our country. They can kiss my royal American grits!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Yep!  Another event shot to hell!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I might be cheering for the other country if that (kneeling) happens.  9999hair out0000
However, athletes from many countries now kneel when their national anthem is played. And some get booed. Some English soccer players got booed when they knelt for the NA in a match some months ago. Naturally, the English media berated the fans for not supporting the spoiled players.
I just might not watch the Olympics too.

I detest the Olympics, have for decades.  Why? Performance Sports, where they don't strive to be the strongest or the fastest, but how pretty they can dance to be judged on subjective qualities by biased snobs.  Who gives a rat's azz how well chicks in thongs can twirl on skates??

{SPIT}
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: