Author Topic: Biden Administration Announces Major Offshore Wind Expansion Plan  (Read 1495 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Biden Administration Announces Major Offshore Wind Expansion Plan
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2021, 12:45:54 pm »
What, no windmills off the coast from the Kennedy compound at Hyannis, Obama's Martha's Vineyard palace or Teresa Heinz Kerry's Nantucket mansion? I'm shocked.
NIMBY!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2021, 12:48:37 pm »
What, no windmills off the coast from the Kennedy compound at Hyannis, Obama's Martha's Vineyard palace or Teresa Heinz Kerry's Nantucket mansion? I'm shocked.
NIMBY!!

Biden administration backs nation’s biggest wind farm off Martha’s Vineyard
https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2021/03/08/biden-climate-windfarm/

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2021, 01:06:49 pm »
Explanation:
The $2.8 billion project is set to be built several miles south of the original plan fought by the Kennedy family and will be out of sight from the family’s Hyannis compound.
So it's still not in their backyard.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2021, 01:11:07 pm »
Explanation:So it's still not in their backyard.

Good catch.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2021, 11:14:46 pm »
IIRC, you are not allowed to fish from offshore drilling rigs.

That's why people have boats.  I see them fishing by the rigs off Seal Beach all the time.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2021, 11:25:24 pm »
IIRC, you are not allowed to fish from offshore drilling rigs.

It's a safety issue more than anything.  They don't want anyone falling in, or getting injured from snagging a hook.  They also don't want anything ending up in the water, because we get fined big time for that.  There isn't a place on the platform designed for fishing either.  The lowest point is the top of the hull, and from there you are still quite a ways from the water.  There's really no time either.  My average work day is 15 hrs.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2021, 08:35:02 am »
I was thinking more of boats nearby.

https://greatdaysoutdoors.com/oil-rig-fishing-in-the-gulf/
Yeah, the boats can have at, so long as they maintain some setback distance for safety purposes.

The hands staying out on the rig are not supposed to fish from  the rig in their off time, if I am correct.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis