Author Topic: For Senate Democrats, passing gun control might be impossible, even without the filibuster  (Read 2259 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I vote or don't vote for whom ever I want. Doesn't mean that gives anyone in office a blank check. Nor does it mean I don't get to be a bitch.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

I’ve never said that

I will accept that... Though it is hard for me to tell - I have received it from every direction, and I am sorry to have lumped you in that.

yeah I get that but taking swimming lessons isn’t an answer to the immediate prospect of drowning.

That is the illusion alright. The desperation manufactured every election that assures you will vote for anything other than Democrats. That's how they get you to eat the sh*t sandwich every time.

yes it was. Was it stolen from us when you were still voting Republican? Then you are as culpable as I.

Exactly so - But I am doing something about it. I will vote for it no more. I will seek its alternative where possible, but I will not blindly give it power, regardless of the consequence.

This was the reason millions including myself supported a guy whom the party clearly despised & refused to support, who’s election caused an upheaval in DC and who did everything within his power to steer this nation back from the brink.

A fruitless venture, as predicted. following after princes is a useless proposition, which now stands evident. You win nothing without control of the machine... and that does not happen for populist princes. That much is not Tumpy's fault - But it is what it is.

We’ll just have to accept that we disagree on Trumps tenure and RESPECT each other’s POV.
Neither will I vote for any candidate in any party who, in my best estimation, does not represent my ideals, fully realizing the perfect candidate does not exist.

As for Tump's tenure - Of course I respect your point of view - You are among a small handful here that I do respect natively - You've got your bones. But I will not relent on the results which were entirely predicted... That y'all raised up a hero to go fight the mighty dragon was just never going to work in the first place. That only works in fairy tales. IRL, dragons eat heroes for a mid morning snack.

Historically, populist distractions are what counter and curtail actual movement to the right... Just as the Tump movement derailed the TEA party at it's zenith - Nearly eight years of work down the drain. And now we are back to a leftward swing with the Moderates STILL in control of Republican power... And all the air is let out f the Conservatives and they are left as the bag-holder in the thing they didn't even do.

But that is how you win. Remove the Moderates from power and place Conservatives instead. OR ground-up new party. That is the only choices that there ever were, and Tumpy as an interloper only distracted from that. That is not a point of view. That is a after-action report tied to a strategic prediction.

All y'all HAVE TO keep the arrow in the doghouse and stop being waylaid by fear and shiny sh*t.

Whatever the dems do this time around does not matter anywhere near as much as what y'all do the next time around. That may suck, but it is true. and it is only going to get suckier if y'all don't make it happen.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 08:57:50 pm by roamer_1 »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
My dad said the shitshow was on and the American Dream dead when JFK died. Tell me he was wrong.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

Nor does it mean I don't get to be a bitch.

In the end, you've gotta do what you're good at  :beer: :seeya:

Online roamer_1

My dad said the shitshow was on and the American Dream dead when JFK died. Tell me he was wrong.

From where I stand, it ended the moment Reagan's left foot crossed the threshold of the White House for the last time.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

Except Tom Freaking 'The Hammer' Delay...
That guy got the motor running.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
In the end, you've gotta do what you're good at  :beer: :seeya:

I am a crack shot. Especially with neutron bombs. But I abide the law there.  Still wouldn't mind a small NB, just in case, ya know?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Except Tom Freaking 'The Hammer' Delay...
That guy got the motor running.

Do you know what he did for a living before he got elected to congress @roamer_1 ?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I will accept that... Though it is hard for me to tell - I have received it from every direction, and I am sorry to have lumped you in that.

That is the illusion alright. The desperation manufactured every election that assures you will vote for anything other than Democrats. That's how they get you to eat the sh*t sandwich every time.

Exactly so - But I am doing something about it. I will vote for it no more. I will seek its alternative where possible, but I will not blindly give it power, regardless of the consequence.

A fruitless venture, as predicted. following after princes is a useless proposition, which now stands evident. You win nothing without control of the machine... and that does not happen for populist princes. That much is not Tumpy's fault - But it is what it is.

As for Tump's tenure - Of course I respect your point of view - You are among a small handful here that I do respect natively - You've got your bones. But I will not relent on the results which were entirely predicted... That y'all raised up a hero to go fight the mighty dragon was just never going to work in the first place. That only works in fairy tales. IRL, dragons eat heroes for a mid morning snack.

Historically, populist distractions are what counter and curtail actual movement to the right... Just as the Tump movement derailed the TEA party at it's zenith - Nearly eight years of work down the drain. And now we are back to a leftward swing with the Moderates STILL in control of Republican power... And all the air is let out f the Conservatives and they are left as the bag-holder in the thing they didn't even do.

But that is how you win. Remove the Moderates from power and place Conservatives instead. OR ground-up new party. That is the only choices that there ever were, and Tumpy as an interloper only distracted from that. That is not a point of view. That is a after-action report tied to a strategic prediction.

All y'all HAVE TO keep the arrow in the doghouse and stop being waylaid by fear and shiny sh*t.

Whatever the dems do this time around does not matter anywhere near as much as what y'all do the next time around. That may suck, but it is true. and it is only going to get suckier if y'all don't make it happen.
OK. I'll only add that the Tea Party was dead long before Trump came along. See Paul Friggen Ryan.

Offline skeeter

Do you know what he did for a living before he got elected to congress @roamer_1 ?
He crushed termites.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
From where I stand, it ended the moment Reagan's left foot crossed the threshold of the White House for the last time.  :shrug:

Trickle down didn't work for everyone. Not from my POV. I voted for him twice. Still had my gripes.

Don't they brag that clinton left money in the bank when traitor Bush took the reign?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He crushed termites.

:yowsa: along with Cockroaches and all manner of other vermin. They HAD to get rid of him!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
He crushed termites.

Is  that why we don't have termlimits?

Online roamer_1

@Bigun

Yeah... He was an exterminator. Exactly the tool for the task. And MAN! Did he rock da house.

Online roamer_1

OK. I'll only add that the Tea Party was dead long before Trump came along. See Paul Friggen Ryan.

That part ain't right - You ain't looking nowhere deep enough. TEA Party started from the ground up. The assault came right from the precincts... Overturning counties, state houses and governors... You keep hitting on that and you'll get Conservatives into the federal level, sooner or later. And that is how it is done. And if it is going to happen again, that is how it will be done. Paul friggin Ryan or not.

Online roamer_1

Trickle down didn't work for everyone. Not from my POV. I voted for him twice. Still had my gripes.

TRUE. Me too. But he still did more and left more legacy than any president ever in my lifetime.

Don't they brag that clinton left money in the bank when traitor Bush took the reign?

YEP. and Clinton gets that credit... Because the Conservatives took over in '94 and made it run right in spite of him.

Conservatives came closer right there to a balanced budget than any time since.

Offline DB

You're the one that lives in the land of Make Believe. We don't always get to vote for what we want so we have to vote for the lesser of two evils. When you stay seated like you do we end up with your buddies the demonrats in office. So you're the one that is actually voting for big government libby. When you don't vote you have no say.

Make believe is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Or is that insanity...

Online roamer_1

Tom Delay...

God bless Texas.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

Yeah... He was an exterminator. Exactly the tool for the task. And MAN! Did he rock da house.

:yowsa: BTW: I was sitting in the living room of my friend's house the night it was decided that we were going to send Tom to Washington. 

That was indeed a home run.  (My batting average is about .200 now)

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
TRUE. Me too. But he still did more and left more legacy than any president ever in my lifetime.

YEP. and Clinton gets that credit... Because the Conservatives took over in '94 and made it run right in spite of him.

Conservatives came closer right there to a balanced budget than any time since.

I know that. At least clinton could work with Conservatives.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
:yowsa: BTW: I was sitting in the living room of my friend's house the night it was decided that we were going to send Tom to Washington. 

At least you still have a batting average instead of stuck in bat shit crazy.

Online roamer_1

@Bigun
If you know the man, shake his hand for me, and tell him there's a dumb ol hillbilly up in Montana that still thinks of him... And thank him for toeing the dang line, even when it was hard. I would have made him president if I'd have got the chance. That's one rough barked ol bastard that don't move.

And you know that ain't no faint praise coming from me.  :beer:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 09:41:26 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

I know that. At least clinton could work with Conservatives.

... and that's why the credit is due him. He gets his share because his name is on it.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
If you know the man, shake his hand for me, and tell him there's a dumb ol hillbilly up in Montana that still thinks of him... And thank him for toeing the dang line, even when it was hard. I would have made him president if I'd have got the chance. That's one rough barked ol bastard that don't move.

And you know that ain't no faint praise coming from me.  :beer:

I haven't spoken with him for some time now but if I do see him I will certainly pass your regards on.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
... and that's why the credit is due him. He gets his share because his name is on it.

zighns the papers old man