Author Topic: For Senate Democrats, passing gun control might be impossible, even without the filibuster  (Read 2251 times)

Offline roamer_1

I think we're having a break through moment, not just; blame Never Trump/Republicans, the democrats get a pass/they don't matter.  How expensive is a good therapist now-a-days?
 :silly: :2popcorn: :silly:

Yes, in effect. Whatever the threat is does not matter unless you have the will and the tools to defend.

Republicans defend nothing. Republicans have not won a single issue in my lifetime. What Republicans do is cede ground, and you can bet that is all they will do in the future.

If the fox gets in the henhouse the blame belongs to the dog. The dog is only there to defend. And if he does not defend, what use is he? Such are Republicans. The Democat  fox has been in the henhouse for decades and all Republicans do is suck eggs.

You want Conservative support?
FIGHT. For Conservatism.

Offline roamer_1

@Killer Clouds

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/Smileys/default/thumbs-up01b.png

The easiest thing in the world to find is the justification to do nothing.

'Doing nothing's is doing the same old thing as always, expecting a different result.
And the results are in: Nothing. Same as last time.

Lucy/football

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
And liberal sympathizers like you are no help. Just keep sitting on your ass in the land of Make Believe and do nothing to change it. You spout your BS with no clue what's going on in the real world. You self righteous bench warmers are as much of the problem as the ones you whine about.

They aren't liberal or liberal sympathizers. Just pseudo-martyrs who are now realizing that flipping the bird at the orange man on November 3, 2020 really did count for something. We are seeing the results of that daily now.

I sure wouldn't want to have their consciences.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
'Doing nothing's is doing the same old thing as always, expecting a different result.
And the results are in: Nothing. Same as last time.

Lucy/football
"nothing?"  Same as last time?"

What we are seeing in Biden 2A actions just alone makes that argument ridiculous.  Your little mole hill  of a hill fightng for  your decison last November doesn't pass the "red face test" IMO. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They aren't liberal or liberal sympathizers. Just pseudo-martyrs who are now realizing that flipping the bird at the orange man on November 3, 2020 really did count for something. We are seeing the results of that daily now.

@catfish1957

Don't lose any sleep over that one. The only ones they care about are themselves. It's all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" with those people. They don't give  a squat about what happens to anyone else.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Killer Clouds

@Killer Clouds

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/Smileys/default/thumbs-up01b.png

The easiest thing in the world to find is the justification to do nothing.
ABSOLUTELY!
I hope you don't mind if I quote that.

Offline roamer_1

My conscience is fine.
And I will do it exactly the same way again. And again.

I will vote for Conservatives ONLY.

Offline roamer_1

"nothing?"  Same as last time?"

What we are seeing in Biden 2A actions just alone makes that argument ridiculous.  Your little mole hill  of a hill fightng for  your decison last November doesn't pass the "red face test" IMO.

No, This is about as expected. The thing to wonder about is why Republicans didn't move the ball on 2A (in fact moved it LEFT if you count bump-stops) when it had the chance. When it had all three houses.

Fact is the Republicans didn't move a damn thing Right, did they?

Offline roamer_1

@catfish1957

Don't lose any sleep over that one. The only ones they care about are themselves. It's all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" with those people. They don't give  a squat about what happens to anyone else.

Bullshit, and you know it.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm sick to DEATH of all the internecine warfare on this site!  Had enough of it!

@roamer_1 is a full-grown man who lives in a state that reliably votes Republican.  His individual vote for whomever he chooses to cast it isn't likely to change that anytime soon so why don't you all just lay the F off and let him cast HIS vote as he damned well pleases!

And, just so you know, I disagree with his choice to not vote for lesser evils in GENERAL elections and have told him so. I don't have to beat him about the head and shoulders over that one thing for years!  I also FULLY understand WHY he feels as he does about Republicans as I share most of those feelings myself!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 05:54:28 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

I'm sick to DEATH of all the internecine warfare on this site!  Had enough of it!

@roamer_1 is a full-grown man who lives in a state that reliably votes Republican.  His individual vote for whomever he chooses to cast it isn't likely to change that anytime soon so why don't you all just lay the F off at let him cast HIS vote as he damned well pleases!

And, just so you know, I disagree with his choice to not vote for lesser evils in GENERAL elections and have told him so. I don't have to beat him about the head and shoulders over that one thing for years!  I also FULLY understand WHY he feels as he does about Republicans as I share most of those feelings myself!

S'alright @Bigun It goes to show how petty the argument is.

Especially since I am not a Republican - Yet I am expected to vote Republican.
Especially since I AM a Conservative - And yet I am expected to vote *for* what is NOT conservative.

The status-quo is thirty years of loss - And yet I am expected to vote *for* more of the same.
It shows exactly why Democrats keep moving left, even when Republicans hold all houses...
Because they have no opposition. And some are fine with that. And vote FOR that.

But thanks for your efforts.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@roamer_1 is a full-grown man who lives in a state that reliably votes Republican.  His individual vote for whomever he chooses to cast it isn't likely to change that anytime soon so why don't you all just lay the F off and let him cast HIS vote as he damned well pleases!

You may be sick of it @Bigun but @roamer_1 thrives on it ---  and has a knack for sucking the oxygen out of most every thread remotely focused on politics.

But it's really just another phase in Brieferville history.  In my case, as recently as last evening, I finally understood that the debate wasn't genuine and further discussion would be counterproductive and a waste of time.  So I think all of this, too, will pass as more folks come to this understanding.

Have a wonderful weekend.  :beer:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
S'alright @Bigun It goes to show how petty the argument is.

Especially since I am not a Republican - Yet I am expected to vote Republican.
Especially since I AM a Conservative - And yet I am expected to vote *for* what is NOT conservative.

The status-quo is thirty years of loss - And yet I am expected to vote *for* more of the same.
It shows exactly why Democrats keep moving left, even when Republicans hold all houses...
Because they have no opposition. And some are fine with that. And vote FOR that.

But thanks for your efforts.

I didn't post that for you @roamer_1 I posted it for me.  I really am sick of that silly S&*t!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You may be sick of it @Bigun but @roamer_1 thrives on it ---  and has a knack for sucking the oxygen out of most every thread remotely focused on politics.

But it's really just another phase in Brieferville history.  In my case, as recently as last evening, I finally understood that the debate wasn't genuine and further discussion would be counterproductive and a waste of time.  So I think all of this, too, will pass as more folks come to this understanding.

SOME, admittedly not very much, of the debate here IS genuine @Right_in_Virginia but I do find very few here who wish to discuss ANY policy issue in a serious manner.  Thinking about giving myself a LONG timeout for that reason alone.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

@Bigun, I fully understand @roamer_1 ‘s gripe and agree with its basis - IMO nearly all of us do.Just don’t blame me and my votes for all the leftist sh*t going on right now. Perhaps it shouldn’t but that charge really punches my button.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

SOME, admittedly not very much, of the debate here IS genuine @Right_in_Virginia but I do find very few here who wish to discuss ANY policy issue in a serious manner.  Thinking about giving myself a LONG timeout for that reason alone.

I'd like more policy discussion, too @Bigun   Lord knows the Marxists are throwing everything against the wall --- and some of that shit is going to stick. 

I'm also scanning for counter-proposals or lines in the sand from our side of the aisle.  There just aren't any.  THIS is damn frustrating.  But, I'll keep looking and will ping you to what I find.

I hope you don't take a LONG timeout ... but I understand why the thought is attractive.  Start with a weekend off and take a peek on Monday.   happy77

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun, I fully understand @roamer_1 ‘s gripe and agree with its basis - IMO nearly all of us do.Just don’t blame me and my votes for all the leftist sh*t going on right now. Perhaps it shouldn’t but that charge really punches my button.

:yowsa: I can see that as well @skeeter We ALL need to try and keep ourselves more under control.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You've been sitting in the same place as the world passes you by. You stand for nothing so just sit there and STFU.

Ahem!   *look*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

How is it any different than blaming me for NOT voting for Democrats OR Republicans? I literally had *NO* part in it either way. But it's all my fault. Figger that one out.

And where DOES the fault belong if not squarely on the Republicans?
It is the Republicans that are charged with defending.
It is the Republicans that are supposed to be Conservative.

And it is the Republicans that have FAILED to offer any resistance.
Would that y'all were as concerned when Republicans held all three houses, or even two, and didn't do a damn thing to buttress against this day. Not a single win. And to make it worse, the ball moved LEFT in that time, not to the Right.

If I am hard on y'all it is only to break this insane fixation on what the Democrats are doing instead of looking to your OWN HOUSE. How the hell do you fight THEM without first minding your own gates and filling your own armories and training up your own troops?

Y'all ain't fighting a damn thing because you can't.
You're standing on nothing. You are betrayed and you don't even know it.
Your party has been taken from you years ago, and its masters do the OPPOSITE of what you stand for.
And y'all vote for MORE.

I WILL NOT vote for more.

Offline Killer Clouds

How is it any different than blaming me for NOT voting for Democrats OR Republicans? I literally had *NO* part in it either way. But it's all my fault. Figger that one out.

Would that y'all were as concerned when Republicans held all three houses, or even two, and didn't do a damn thing to buttress against this day. Not a single win. And to make it worse, the ball moved LEFT in that time, not to the Right.

If I am hard on y'all it is only to break this insane fixation on what the Democrats are doing instead of looking to your OWN HOUSE. How the hell do you fight THEM without first minding your own gates and filling your own armories and training up your own troops?

Your party has been taken from you years ago, and its masters do the OPPOSITE of what you stand for.
And y'all vote for MORE.

If you don't vote you have no say about it. Since you don't stand for anything just sit there in your land of Make Believe and fantasize about your utopia with your demonrat brethren. You're just as bad if not worse than they are. You spout off about repulicants doing nothing but they are doing more than you.
NO VOTE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN! Your views of politics are delusional at best.

Offline skeeter

I’ve never said that

blame does belong on the GOP, almost as much as it belongs on that rats.

Agree.

yeah I get that but taking swimming lessons isn’t an answer to the immediate prospect of drowning.

Your party has been taken from you years ago, and its masters do the OPPOSITE of what you stand for. And y'all vote for MORE.
yes it was. Was it stolen from us when you were still voting Republican? Then you are as culpable as I.

This was the reason millions including myself supported a guy whom the party clearly despised & refused to support, who’s election caused an upheaval in DC and who did everything within his power to steer this nation back from the brink.

We’ll just have to accept that we disagree on Trumps tenure and RESPECT each other’s POV.

Neither will I vote for any candidate in any party who, in my best estimation, does not represent my ideals, fully realizing the perfect candidate does not exist.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 07:38:24 pm by skeeter »

Offline roamer_1

I don't like it @Right_in_Virginia. and the reason I thrive is because I have been knee deep in sh*t all my life, so the silly sh*t slung at me here has no effect.

Oh the debate is genuine alright. And I am deadly serious about it.
But I am standing on the truth, and there ain't a dang thing you can do about it.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What to do about elections where more people vote than there are people? We don't need no steenkin' elections.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

If you don't vote you have no say about it.

Where does it say that? Is that in the Constitution somewhere?

As a point of order, I did not vote this time around because it turns out I was de-registered. I don't have a mailbox, and since they attempted to mail a ballot to my address that came back, they de-registered me. And there was not a damn thing to be done about it. I was disenfranchised, i did not 'not vote'.

That being said, I would not have voted for your fetid prince anyway. I was going to vote CP, and be sure to withhold my endorsement from Daines (R) who voted FOR every boondoggle spending bill. I had helped to get him in, so I'll take him out.

So in the main, my non-vote had much the same effect as my vote would have.

Since you don't stand for anything just sit there in your land of Make Believe and fantasize about your utopia with your demonrat brethren. You're just as bad if not worse than they are. You spout off about repulicants doing nothing but they are doing more than you.

My views on politics were mainstream Conservative not very long ago. That you don't know that shows more about how far the Republicans have fallen than it does about me.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If you don't vote you have no say about it. Since you don't stand for anything just sit there in your land of Make Believe and fantasize about your utopia with your demonrat brethren. You're just as bad if not worse than they are. You spout off about repulicants doing nothing but they are doing more than you.

Slow down turbo.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley