Author Topic: Republican announces run for Murkowski’s Alaska Senate seat  (Read 492 times)

Offline corbe

Republican announces run for Murkowski’s Alaska Senate seat

By BECKY BOHRER, Associated Press  48 mins ago

JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — An early Republican candidate announced plans Monday to seek the Alaska U.S. Senate seat that has been held since 2002 by Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski.

Kelly Tshibaka, who has led the sprawling Alaska Department of Administration since early 2019, in a statement said she is running "for the Alaskans who believe government is of the people, by the people and for the people. The D.C. insiders need to be held accountable to us.”

Her campaign said she was resigning as commissioner in pursuing the Senate race.

Murkowski is widely seen as a moderate and has at times been at odds with her party, including on issues like abortion and in her criticism of former President Donald Trump.

Murkowski was one of seven Republican senators who voted to convict Trump, who was acquitted in a trial last month of a charge of incitement of insurrection related to the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol riot.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-announces-run-for-murkowski-s-alaska-senate-seat/ar-BB1f5oJA?ocid=msedgntp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Republican announces run for Murkowski’s Alaska Senate seat
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:30:33 pm »
   TTIUWP:

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 08:25:52 pm »
   TTIUWP:

She has big ones. 

Gets my vote....of course, I don't live in Alaska.

Anyone know if this female is an American, or just another "moderate"?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 08:35:24 pm »
She has big ones. 

Gets my vote....of course, I don't live in Alaska.

Anyone know if this female is an American, or just another "moderate"?
Here's her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/ktshibaka/

Her posting is like a normal human being. She has some office stuff, but her views seem to be pretty clear but not driven by boilerplate talking points.

BUT... she went to Harvard. That's a big red flag for me. The only guy I've found the least bit trustworthy from there was Ted Cruz.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bilo

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 08:35:46 pm »
I'm sure the Gop establishment will rally around Murkowski. Lets hope the America First vote prevails!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 12:41:44 am »
I tend to agree with you re Harvard.  the only other one I can consider a trustworthy conservative was Scalia.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 01:54:11 am »
Here's her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/ktshibaka/

Her posting is like a normal human being. She has some office stuff, but her views seem to be pretty clear but not driven by boilerplate talking points.

BUT... she went to Harvard. That's a big red flag for me. The only guy I've found the least bit trustworthy from there was Ted Cruz.

I trust David Hogg.  Don't you?

The problem is she's a career bureaucrat.   Well, maybe someone on the Right will step up to the plate?  Or maybe she'll make her positions better known?

Where does she stand on Abortion?  Voter ID?  Resource development on federal and state lands?  China?  Russia?  Glow Ball warming?  Can boys become girls?   Should minor children be subjected to any procedure that alters their sexuality or delays puberty?   What's her stance on the dishonest media? 

Lots of questions she need to volunteer the answer to.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 01:57:23 am »
I'm sure the Gop establishment will rally around Murkowski. Lets hope the America First vote prevails!

If she's any good, I expect the Senate Republican re-election committee will be slamming her to protect Murkowski, saying "we can't afford to lose that important seat" and other nonsense.

America does not have that seat right now, so "losing it" was done long ago.

If she's any good, or even simply because she's not Murky, I expect Trump's new PAC will help fund the insurgent's candidacy.   Hopefully there's a MAN in Alaska willing to run against Murky, too, because woman in politics are notoriously squishy.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 02:04:07 am »
   WTH is Sarah?