Author Topic: Anti-Gunners Need To Learn The NRA Isn't Their Only Obstacle  (Read 474 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Anti-Gunners Need To Learn The NRA Isn't Their Only Obstacle
« on: March 29, 2021, 03:35:58 pm »
The National Rifle Association isn’t exactly having the best of times right now. Anyone who follows the Second Amendment news knows that they’re dealing with a battle in New York, one motivated by political animosity more than anything else.

Because of the NRA’s troubles, though, anti-gunners are salivating. They’re convinced that without the NRA, their agenda can run through Congress without meaningful opposition.

And no, that’s not my guess about what they’re thinking. Shannon Watts basically says as much.

It’s become an all-too-familiar routine in America: A mass shooting in a public place that shakes our collective consciousness is quickly followed by thoughts and prayers, media attention, and calls to action. Then days go by, the news passes, and nothing changes in Congress.

That ends now. This year is different. Not only did the American people send the strongest gun-sense trifecta in history to Washington, but the once-feared National Rifle Association is now desperately trying to stay relevant as its money and power run dry in Washington.

Support for background checks on all gun sales were already overwhelmingly high and bipartisan before two deadly mass shootings in Atlanta and Boulder shook our country—93 percent of Americans support them, including 89 percent of Republicans and 89 percent of gun owners. In fact, voters ranked background checks on par with creating jobs and passing another Covid-19 relief package when it came to priorities for this new Congress and Biden administration in the first 100 days.

But the senseless acts of violence that unfolded at the King Soopers in Boulder and at spas in Atlanta—carried out by two men barely old enough to legally drink—have led Americans from all walks of life to speak with one voice, and urgently: The time to act is now.

<snip>

While the NRA is, indeed, having troubles, that doesn’t mean the NRA is the only roadblock to Watts and company having their way with the Second Amendment.

Gun Owners of America and the Second Amendment Foundation, for example, are both well-known and respected gun rights organizations that could well step in and fill the void left by the NRA if it were to suddenly cease to exist. They wouldn’t just roll over for Watts’ agenda, either.

Oh, I get that people like Watts think that now is the time. Hell, there’s reason to be worried on our side as well, but they’d do well to remember that the Second Amendment lobby doesn’t end with the NRA. There are a lot of people out here that aren’t willing to just play dead because the NRA is having a tough time.

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2021/03/29/anti-gunners-need-to-learn-the-nra-isnt-their-only-obstacle-n42687?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=anti-gunners-need-to-learn-the-nra-isnt-their-only-obstacle&utm_content=0&utm_campaign=PostPromoterPro
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Anti-Gunners Need To Learn The NRA Isn't Their Only Obstacle
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 04:34:02 pm »
There are also a lot of 2nd Amendment supporters who aren't associated with any group at all.  Millions of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 04:57:56 pm »
There are also a lot of 2nd Amendment supporters who aren't associated with any group at all.  Millions of them.

And we've all got guns.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 05:03:10 pm »
And we've all got guns.

Not being affiliated with any pro-2nd Amendment organization makes it less likely they'll find them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 05:16:35 pm »
Not being affiliated with any pro-2nd Amendment organization makes it less likely they'll find them.

The only one I'm associated with now is USCCA...for obvious reasons.

I'm honestly thinking of taking a day and going through all the photos in my Google Photo storage and deleting all my gun pictures.  I don't believe for a second Google won't help the gun grabbers.

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 03:31:39 pm »
The only one I'm associated with now is USCCA...for obvious reasons.

I'm honestly thinking of taking a day and going through all the photos in my Google Photo storage and deleting all my gun pictures.  I don't believe for a second Google won't help the gun grabbers.
@txradioguy Best thing to do is keep pictures of them on a thumb drive in either a fireproof safe, or a bank safety deposit box. This is strictly for insurance purposes.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.