Author Topic: Sidney Powell admits it was all a lie  (Read 5181 times)

BassWrangler

Re: Sidney Powell admits it was all a lie
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2021, 03:28:30 pm »
Fair enough. I’ll read it after work today.

@Bigun

Ok, since I'm in a holding pattern at work until my coworker shows up at 8:30, I went ahead and read the article. This looks like another deflection. I have not, and never have, claimed there wasn't significant voter fraud. My specific beef was with this "Kraken" theory, that Dominion servers in a foreign country were performing wholesale swapping of millions of votes from Trump to Biden.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2021, 03:28:41 pm »
There was plenty of evidence - #1 being this buffoon at M.I.T. (Shiva Ayyadurai) who got the whole kooky Kraken conspiracy theory started. I pointed this out, numerous times, in the days after the election, and a number of folks (I recall it was @Bigun  and @Right_in_Virginia primarily) implied I didn't know what I was talking about. They did exactly what some are doing now, which is to post a bunch of other election fraud evidence - not related to the crackpot Kraken theory - as if those of us who don't buy into the Kraken nonsense are claiming there was no fraud at all.

Just to reiterate - it is 100% possible to believe there was significant election fraud while simultaneously disbelieving that there was massive swapping of votes by Dominion servers (The koo-koo for Kraken theory).

I belive that some of us have been talking past each other for quite some time on this issue @BassWrangler

We will discuss further after you have had time to tread the article I linked to above which pretty much reflects my thinking on the matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2021, 03:29:00 pm »
At the time, I was surprised that the Trump team disavowed that Powell was part of their team as I thought that she was.  I also felt that obviously they had some reason to distance themselves.
Mona Charen is a bush hack, and her headline is accordingly dishonest.

Trumps legal team knew she was going way over the top in her assertions - not that she wasn’t correct but that her assertions were going to be impossible to back up, as no judge would allow proper discovery. Dominion needed time to wipe their arse, which they obviously have as they’ve waited all this time to file suit.

The only way Powell can avoid a possibly costly settlement now is to backtrack. There is a chance Dominion will back off as my guess they don’t want to push their luck in a trial either.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:30:59 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2021, 03:31:08 pm »
@Bigun

Ok, since I'm in a holding pattern at work until my coworker shows up at 8:30, I went ahead and read the article. This looks like another deflection. I have not, and never have, claimed there wasn't significant voter fraud. My specific beef was with this "Kraken" theory, that Dominion servers in a foreign country were performing wholesale swapping of millions of votes from Trump to Biden.

I'm going to be out of pocket for some time today but will get back to this ASAP.  @BassWrangler
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2021, 03:40:37 pm »
I belive that some of us have been talking past each other for quite some time on this issue @BassWrangler

We will discuss further after you have had time to tread the article I linked to above which pretty much reflects my thinking on the matter.

@Bigun
Ok, well it's entirely possible that it's a miscommunication. I have a bad habit of skimming over things once I see something I find not credible. But I did read the article you linked in full.

I don't know the credentials of the person writing the article. No actual data was presented, just the author's opinions, based (he says) on conversations with unnamed experts in the field of criminal profiling.

The points I took away were 1) 2020 wasn't the first time this was tried - they did it in 2014, 2016, and 2018 as well. 2) They are going to do it again, probably to an even larger degree. 3) The government is in on it and has no desire to stop the fraud.

Putting aside the fact that this is some article from some unknown person with zero supporting data, what in the world does this have to do with my assertion that the Kraken theory is, and always has been, a load of absolute bunkem?

BassWrangler

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 03:41:15 pm »
I'm going to be out of pocket for some time today but will get back to this ASAP.  @BassWrangler

Sounds good. I need to get back to work too, but I look forward to continuing the conversation.

Online libertybele

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2021, 04:52:11 pm »
There was plenty of evidence - #1 being this buffoon at M.I.T. (Shiva Ayyadurai) who got the whole kooky Kraken conspiracy theory started. I pointed this out, numerous times, in the days after the election, and a number of folks (I recall it was @Bigun  and @Right_in_Virginia primarily) implied I didn't know what I was talking about. They did exactly what some are doing now, which is to post a bunch of other election fraud evidence - not related to the crackpot Kraken theory - as if those of us who don't buy into the Kraken nonsense are claiming there was no fraud at all.

Just to reiterate - it is 100% possible to believe there was significant election fraud while simultaneously disbelieving that there was massive swapping of votes by Dominion servers (The koo-koo for Kraken theory).

Honestly, I didn't even know what the Karken theory was, BUT I did see the obvious.  Precincts counting votes after they were supposedly closed and not allowing GOP precinct workers in, nor members of the RNC in,  etc.  That loudly screams fraud.

The MSM reported  what they wanted.  Video and evidence confirmed that some of the members of the House and Senate knew about the violence that was headed towards the capitol days in advance. So, again, that loudly screams fraud.

The objective for the RNC and every single GOP voter should be working towards a fair election.   This Powell story only helps to sweep the fraud under the carpet.

The focus is on Sloe Joe's dementia, the crisis at the border, overturning Trump's tax cuts and mandates and IF they don't wake up and realize and accept that there was some type of fraud that took place AND our SCOTUS turned it's head, then our Republic will continue to die.  Right now, there is no clear cut path forward for the GOP to be seated.  NONE.

I've stated it many times. A NEW party needs to be PEACEFULLY inserted (not a 3rd party run @ the existing ballot box) and the current regime ousted; a coup just like the several that took place during the Trump administration to get rid of him. 

I admittedly and obviously don't have all the answers, but I do firmly believe we need a team of very constitutional conservatives leaders to lead the 75+ million who the left is trying to keep silent .  So far they are making it impossible for any glimmer of hope that we can resurrect our Republic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2021, 05:48:43 pm »
OH, I don't think they lied. They were bamboozled.

And by the by, lest it would be lost in my agreement with you, Whether 'intentionally misleading' or 'bamboozled', it does not matter a whit. That the right-facing press put it to print without verity is wholly without excuse.

The fault for misleading information lies squarely on the right-facing press - I shall never believe them again and will treat them exactly like the left-facing press, and in that admit my own naivete in that I ever believed them at all.

BassWrangler

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2021, 05:55:37 pm »
And by the by, lest it would be lost in my agreement with you, Whether 'intentionally misleading' or 'bamboozled', it does not matter a whit. That the right-facing press put it to print without verity is wholly without excuse.

The fault for misleading information lies squarely on the right-facing press - I shall never believe them again and will treat them exactly like the left-facing press, and in that admit my own naivete in that I ever believed them at all.

I think it depends largely on what you mean by "press". The lines are really blurry these days between what is a journalist and what is some random dude who got an article published on a website. And you ca no longer make any assumptions about veracity of claims based on where something is published. I mean, yes, some people published some unverified stories about election fraud, but you know CNN spent 3 years running bogus, unverified stories about Trump.

Online libertybele

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2021, 05:57:35 pm »

That is why Trump used twitter so often; the press on both sides reported inaccurately, or they didn't bother to report at all.
I read today on FOX News that Antifa had descended on Oregon's capitol.  No other news source is reporting.  Why?  The media is owned and operated by leftists to sway public opinion.  The only want the focus on bad conservative white men right now.

Does the right do the same thing?  I believe that they report more of what the left is omitting.  I don't see that as biased.  What I do agree with you is that there is no longer true journalist reporting but rather a bunch of people reporting a very one sided viewpoint.

I do like Carlson, though I rarely even listen to him; I catch up on excerpts of his show posted on websites.

I do listen to Beck quite a bit.  He was absolutely right years ago.  The ONLY thing that we are going to be able to depend on is knowing what is right in our hearts and living accordingly --we won't be able to trust what is being reported.  He's the only one who broadcasts that I do still trust.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 05:59:38 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 06:16:17 pm »
Trump's self-righteous buffoons, such as Powell and their devotees,
have now recast themselves as "Larry, Moe & Curley Act Deux".
Hmmm.....predictable that the unhinged eternally gravitate to Trump!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2021, 06:19:36 pm »
Honestly, I didn't even know what the Karken theory was, BUT I did see the obvious.  Precincts counting votes after they were supposedly closed and not allowing GOP precinct workers in, nor members of the RNC in,  etc.  That loudly screams fraud.

YES it does. But that is localized and a matter of a few precincts. That is where the difficulty comes in: There has been, and will always be those few precincts. And f they become the focus, the whole system will necessarily fall down, just on the premise that every election will be challenged and halted, even on the rumor. You couldn't get ANYONE elected, because all the challenging side would have to do is provide some fleeting malfeasance, and that would queer the whole thing. Every single time.

And in not providing evidence of interstate collusion, the whole matter will be beat down, because that is what the system is designed to do... To overlook the incidental in favor of the verity of the rest. So no, the several states do not have standing against a state or two, because otherwise thus would always be the case. It would never be otherwise. So the reaction is limited immediately to the internals of the state, and the responsibility of each state to guard their own certification with zeal - Because that's really all we got. That is why it is so hard to overturn a state result properly certified. That may as well be written in stone. And each state relies upon the same basic system - knowing there will be shenanigans. They too are programmed to ignore the incidental in favor of the verity of the rest... Because otherwise, there would never be a certification at all... And so it goes.

The objective for the RNC and every single GOP voter should be working towards a fair election.   This Powell story only helps to sweep the fraud under the carpet.

And what to do then, when the Republicans come sweeping back into power in less than two years? What would that do to your theory? Honest question, and no offense meant...

The focus is on Sloe Joe's dementia, the crisis at the border, overturning Trump's tax cuts and mandates and IF they don't wake up and realize and accept that there was some type of fraud that took place AND our SCOTUS turned it's head, then our Republic will continue to die.  Right now, there is no clear cut path forward for the GOP to be seated.  NONE.

No, the focus should be on the money and the bare fact they are stealing your rights and treasure right from under you. And they are doing it every_single_time no matter who wins and no matter who is in power. All the rest is distraction to keep your gaze away from what is actually happening. The political class long ago learned the value of a good soap opera.

I admittedly and obviously don't have all the answers, but I do firmly believe we need a team of very constitutional conservatives leaders to lead the 75+ million who the left is trying to keep silent .  So far they are making it impossible for any glimmer of hope that we can resurrect our Republic.

That much is certain - and more so the Congress than any other thing - Because only a Congress jealous of its power will set things to right. No princes, no parties, no nothing. That is the only answer, and the slimmest of hopes.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2021, 06:28:16 pm »
I think it depends largely on what you mean by "press". The lines are really blurry these days between what is a journalist and what is some random dude who got an article published on a website. And you ca no longer make any assumptions about veracity of claims based on where something is published. I mean, yes, some people published some unverified stories about election fraud, but you know CNN spent 3 years running bogus, unverified stories about Trump.

Sure, and you know Brightfart and others spent much the same time doing the exact opposite - Spinning bogus unverified stories in his favor.

As for journalists of any flavor - that is a beast of the utmost rarity. But I can tell you this: We are finished for sure if we can find no reliable journalism, warts and all.

Truth lies dead in the streets.

Online libertybele

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2021, 06:29:40 pm »
YES it does. But that is localized and a matter of a few precincts. That is where the difficulty comes in: There has been, and will always be those few precincts. And f they become the focus, the whole system will necessarily fall down, just on the premise that every election will be challenged and halted, even on the rumor. You couldn't get ANYONE elected, because all the challenging side would have to do is provide some fleeting malfeasance, and that would queer the whole thing. Every single time.

And in not providing evidence of interstate collusion, the whole matter will be beat down, because that is what the system is designed to do... To overlook the incidental in favor of the verity of the rest. So no, the several states do not have standing against a state or two, because otherwise thus would always be the case. It would never be otherwise. So the reaction is limited immediately to the internals of the state, and the responsibility of each state to guard their own certification with zeal - Because that's really all we got. That is why it is so hard to overturn a state result properly certified. That may as well be written in stone. And each state relies upon the same basic system - knowing there will be shenanigans. They too are programmed to ignore the incidental in favor of the verity of the rest... Because otherwise, there would never be a certification at all... And so it goes.

And what to do then, when the Republicans come sweeping back into power in less than two years? What would that do to your theory? Honest question, and no offense meant...

No, the focus should be on the money and the bare fact they are stealing your rights and treasure right from under you. And they are doing it every_single_time no matter who wins and no matter who is in power. All the rest is distraction to keep your gaze away from what is actually happening. The political class long ago learned the value of a good soap opera.

That much is certain - and more so the Congress than any other thing - Because only a Congress jealous of its power will set things to right. No princes, no parties, no nothing. That is the only answer, and the slimmest of hopes.

Well, time will tell.  IMHO with amnesty and the hundreds of thousands pouring in over the border along with questionable integrity at the ballot box, I will be absolutely astounded IF the GOP manages to actually get back into power.  I won't help to seat anyone unless they are a true conservative. 

You are absolutely correct; the gov't puts on an excellent show of smoke and mirrors illusions and with the help of the MSM they have much of the public believing that they are actually doing their job.  Nothing but a bunch of b.s., meanwhile you are correct, they are taking our freedoms away.

I hold very little hope.  They only hope may come from above in the form of a miracle, once again giving this country His blessings.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2021, 06:38:45 pm »
That is why Trump used twitter so often; the press on both sides reported inaccurately, or they didn't bother to report at all.

Stop a moment and think that through. How the hell do you get reliable anything out of twitterpation? Tell me in 240 chars or less.

I read today on FOX News that Antifa had descended on Oregon's capitol.  No other news source is reporting.  Why?  The media is owned and operated by leftists to sway public opinion.  The only want the focus on bad conservative white men right now.

Hate to tell you this, but FOX is owned, bolt and cloth, by the left too. You have to go deeper than that.

Does the right do the same thing?  I believe that they report more of what the left is omitting.  I don't see that as biased.  What I do agree with you is that there is no longer true journalist reporting but rather a bunch of people reporting a very one sided viewpoint.

YES the right does the very same thing, in the exact opposite direction. An event (if the event is even true) is presented in nothing but diametrically opposed spin. Facts be damned, on all sides.

I do like Carlson, though I rarely even listen to him; I catch up on excerpts of his show posted on websites.

I do listen to Beck quite a bit.  He was absolutely right years ago.  The ONLY thing that we are going to be able to depend on is knowing what is right in our hearts and living accordingly --we won't be able to trust what is being reported.  He's the only one who broadcasts that I do still trust.

I will listen some to Beck... Some to Crowder, when he is being serious... I will listen to Shapiro and the Daily Wire before any other - But even him with a jaundiced eye... But mostly I listen to none of it... Seeing it as sign on the ground and nothing more, and then sussing from that sign what it is, and where it's going, relying on little more... and certainly putting little stock in what they are saying.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2021, 06:54:02 pm »
Well, time will tell.  IMHO with amnesty and the hundreds of thousands pouring in over the border along with questionable integrity at the ballot box, I will be absolutely astounded IF the GOP manages to actually get back into power. 

And yet they will - Because the illusion of 'choice' is the first cause in the con. And the 'right' will rise in glorious victory, and the 'left' will sink in desolation... And for the right, for a few years, everything will be right in the world. And then it will all reverse and play the other way. And in all that time, nothing will change. The direction is set elsewhere.

I won't help to seat anyone unless they are a true conservative. 

That of course, I agree with in spades.  happy77

I hold very little hope.  They only hope may come from above in the form of a miracle, once again giving this country His blessings.

And that comes with nothing but repentance (as a nation)... Seen that written of a time or two before. I however, hold out hope, and that hope will remain as long as the dollar stands, because as long as we can move, there is a chance that the bindings can be freed - And with that freedom, the chocks can be knocked out from under that magnificent engine that is our market. And in that the slim chance - All hinged, as you declare, and that, upon repentance.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 06:56:02 pm by roamer_1 »

BassWrangler

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2021, 07:07:03 pm »
Sure, and you know Brightfart and others spent much the same time doing the exact opposite - Spinning bogus unverified stories in his favor.

As for journalists of any flavor - that is a beast of the utmost rarity. But I can tell you this: We are finished for sure if we can find no reliable journalism, warts and all.

Truth lies dead in the streets.

I think Breitbart has been pretty good. Major sites like that have to be careful with their facts, because the left-wing "fact checkers" will destroy them if they post easily refuted falsehoods.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2021, 07:10:02 pm »
I think Breitbart has been pretty good. Major sites like that have to be careful with their facts, because the left-wing "fact checkers" will destroy them if they post easily refuted falsehoods.

Bleah. I pay em no mind at all. Attached like a lamprey to Tumpy's ass. I have found them to be  unreliable, and that is being kind.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2021, 07:13:25 pm »
At the time, I was surprised that the Trump team disavowed that Powell was part of their team as I thought that she was.  I also felt that obviously they had some reason to distance themselves.

I don't think the Trump team distanced themselves from Powell because they didn't believe her.  I think they distanced themselves from her because they were going a different, more direct route @libertybele where they could prove their case within a looming deadline --- voter fraud: mail-in voting, chain of custody, ineligible votes, ballot stuffing; and election fraud:  processes followed v state election laws in place, voting machine manipulation by precinct.

They had the evidence for all of this  pointing-up  and it proved massive, coordinated fraud and a stolen election in six states.

Powell was going the international espionage route, something that would take years to prove making it of little consequence to the task at hand.  Powell understood this.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2021, 07:30:54 pm »
Here again is what happened in Georgia. 

https://www.ajc.com/politics/fix-upcoming-to-georgia-touchscreens-to-restore-missing-senate-candidates/ASEWAGDAR5DFPGW2OPULV4N3JY/

In October 2020, changes were made to Dominion software.  State law requires that after code changes are made, the machines are to be recertified.  This did not happen.  State law also requires that absentee ballots be checked for valid signatures.  This also did not happen.  State law requires that ballots received after the deadline are not to be counted.  They were counted anyway.  State law requires that ballot signature envelopes remain attached to each ballot.  Envelopes were discarded.  State law requires that observers from each party be given the opportunity to observe the counting process.  Republican observers were not given that opportunity late election night.

And there is nothing Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, or Rudi Giuliani can possibly say that has any bearing on the lawlessness that occurred in Georgia.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2021, 08:00:32 pm »

https://www.ajc.com/politics/fix-upcoming-to-georgia-touchscreens-to-restore-missing-senate-candidates/ASEWAGDAR5DFPGW2OPULV4N3JY/

In October 2020, changes were made to Dominion software.  State law requires that after code changes are made, the machines are to be recertified.  This did not happen.  State law also requires that absentee ballots be checked for valid signatures.  This also did not happen.  State law requires that ballots received after the deadline are not to be counted.  They were counted anyway.  State law requires that ballot signature envelopes remain attached to each ballot.  Envelopes were discarded.  State law requires that observers from each party be given the opportunity to observe the counting process.  Republican observers were not given that opportunity late election night.

And there is nothing Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, or Rudi Giuliani can possibly say that has any bearing on the lawlessness that occurred in Georgia.

Amen!   However, I did find it extremely troubling that Giuliani was chosen to be Trump's defender.  Really?  He hadn't tried a case in years and as his personal lawyer, he didn't do him any good before the election and certainly did him no favors afterwards.

Why, oh why, did Trump not find a team worthy?? Giuliani wasn't prepared, nor knowledgeable enough to do what was needed.   

IMHO, the Trump administration and those involved seeing that he was re-elected should have prepared for fraud. They failed.  Ronna failed.  The country IS suffering as a result.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2021, 09:08:07 pm »
Amen!   However, I did find it extremely troubling that Giuliani was chosen to be Trump's defender.  Really?  He hadn't tried a case in years and as his personal lawyer, he didn't do him any good before the election and certainly did him no favors afterwards.

Why, oh why, did Trump not find a team worthy?? Giuliani wasn't prepared, nor knowledgeable enough to do what was needed.   

IMHO, the Trump administration and those involved seeing that he was re-elected should have prepared for fraud. They failed.  Ronna failed.  The country IS suffering as a result.

FACTS. GAWD but I hate all the martyr crap. Giuliani is good at publicity. It's what he does. The minute he was assigned lead, I knew it was going to be a public farce. I had hoped there were real lawyers doing real law behind the scenes.... But apparently not.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2021, 09:10:46 pm »

Yours was excellent reporting - And I thank you for that... Georgia failed. No doubt. But then what?

BassWrangler

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2021, 09:32:48 pm »

Right, but is anyone here disputing that lawlessness occurred? I thought the topic was Kraken (Dominion servers changing votes en masse). I hate to sound like a broken record, but why do people keep pointing out other, much more credible, instances of fraud when the topic is this Dominion vote-swap thing?

BassWrangler

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2021, 09:34:25 pm »

I've wondered the same thing. I remember that there was some last minute shuffle when a bunch of Trump's legal team withdrew from the case. Maybe that's why he ended up with Giuliani? I'm not sure about the sequence of events, so maybe that's not it. But I agree with you that Giuliani was a poor choice.