Author Topic: Sidney Powell admits it was all a lie  (Read 5183 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Sidney Powell admits it was all a lie
« on: March 29, 2021, 02:14:13 am »
https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2021/3/25/22350378/sidney-powell-admits-lie-mona-charen

by Mona Charen
March 25, 2021

Appearing on Newsmax on Nov. 17, Powell said she had a video showing Dominion founder John Poulos bragging, “I can change a million votes, no problem at all.” The video did not exist.

At a press conference with Rudy Giuliani and others, Powell said Dominion had been “created in Venezuela by Hugo Chavez to make sure he never lost an election.” She said the machines had an algorithm that automatically flipped votes, and that George Soros’ “No. 2 person” was “one of the leaders of the Dominion project.” Also false.

Her tone has changed.

The reply Powell’s lawyers issued to Dominion’s complaint is a climb down. After challenging the court’s jurisdiction and venue (standard lawyer maneuvers) and adding the claim that her comments were First Amendment-protected political speech, they get to the substance and things get truly mind-bending.

But Powell takes it to another level. She next argues that the very outlandishness of her false statements is a defense. Sure, her reply acknowledges, Powell had said, “Democrats were attempting to steal the election and had developed a computer system to alter votes electronically.” But “no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact.”

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

Re: Sidney Powell admits it was all a lie
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 02:35:23 am »
Now perhaps, folks will have an  understanding why you don't try cases in the court of Public Opinion.

The WHOLE THING was bullcrap.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 02:58:52 am »
Now perhaps, folks will have an  understanding why you don't try cases in the court of Public Opinion.

Except the fact that the attack on the capitol was not done by Trump supporters, but was planned by leftists....there is video to prove it.

States still have rights to challenge certification.  States continued counting votes after the election was over and some wouldn't let the GOP in.  That's not made up bullcrap.

Cruz had an obligation to challenge a certification that he felt was questionable.  Instead....they called for him to resign.

Regardless... SCOTUS should have heard the case.... it wasn't about over turning the election.

Yes you are correct, you don't try cases because of public opinion nor should our SCOTUS not hear cases because of fear of public opinion.

Keep in mind that the Trump team distanced themselves from Powell.

Trump received more votes than last election, yet somehow he lost?  Voodoo mathematics.

We also have a VP inserted who doesn't qualify.

I agree with you on many things but I believe the integrity of the ballot box was destroyed.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 03:30:29 am »
Except the fact that the attack on the capitol was not done by Trump supporters, but was planned by leftists....there is video to prove it.

States still have rights to challenge certification.  States continued counting votes after the election was over and some wouldn't let the GOP in.  That's not made up bullcrap.

Cruz had an obligation to challenge a certification that he felt was questionable.  Instead....they called for him to resign.

Regardless... SCOTUS should have heard the case.... it wasn't about over turning the election.

Yes you are correct, you don't try cases because of public opinion nor should our SCOTUS not hear cases because of fear of public opinion.

Keep in mind that the Trump team distanced themselves from Powell.

Trump received more votes than last election, yet somehow he lost?  Voodoo mathematics.

We also have a VP inserted who doesn't qualify.

I agree with you on many things but I believe the integrity of the ballot box was destroyed.

There is ALWAYS shenannigans. ALWAYS. I am on the record hoping this particularly was TRUE, because this would have proven interstate collusion, throwing it unquestionably to the fed court. - But this is the only thing I saw that had that capability. And whether any of it was right really does not matter now - Because this admission discredits everything she touched.

Sure am glad I didn't sign on with all those folks thinking this was gospel truth just weeks ago... And it ought to be a lesson into considering what else was not true too.

As for how he could get many more votes and lose, well, the race between him and Hitlery was a very poor turnout. And he spent the last four years making every liberal he could apoplectic. So it is little surprise they turned out hard.

BassWrangler

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 03:35:06 am »

Paging Captain Kraken. You know who you are.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 03:38:44 am »
Paging Captain Kraken. You know who you are.

Turns out there wasn't any damn kraken at all - And the right-facing media lied through their teeth just like the left.

This is a CRITICAL issue - You can't believe ANY news anymore. None of it. And of everything, that offends me worse than anything. The whole works is twitterpated bulshalism. Doesn't matter where you stand.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:40:11 am by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 03:57:52 am »
Turns out there wasn't any damn kraken at all - And the right-facing media lied through their teeth just like the left.

This is a CRITICAL issue - You can't believe ANY news anymore. None of it. And of everything, that offends me worse than anything. The whole works is twitterpated bulshalism. Doesn't matter where you stand.

Interesting that no other news source is reporting this.  I would think that Powell's admission would be broadcast far and wide.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 05:28:33 am »
Interesting that no other news source is reporting this.  I would think that Powell's admission would be broadcast far and wide.

:shrug:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 06:10:27 am »
@libertybele

My complaint against Powell is she sucked the oxygen out of the issue and was given waaay too much face time.  FWIW, she was not a part of the President's legal team as both the President and Powell have publically stated.  She does it again in the audio linked to below.

Powell's response:

https://rumble.com/embed/vcgzfp/?pub=4

pointing-up

Rumble — Sidney Powell Responds to The Fake News

“The #FakeNews is lying to everyone about our filing in the Dominion case. My position has not changed. We will be taking them to the mat”. - Sidney

Dominion v. FREE SPEECH

This lawsuit is yet another attempt to silence critics and citizens who want to investigate voter fraud. The statements Dominion claims are defamatory are actually protected speech under the First Amendment because they deal with matters of public concern, i.e., election integrity. The Fake News media and their allies are spinning meritless claims because their arguments have neither the facts nor the law needed to hold up in a courtroom.

The statements complained of are also protected because Dominion is a public figure and must prove that Ms. Powell acted with malice. This is impossible, as Ms. Powell’s lawyer has explained, because Ms. Powell’s statements were based on sworn affidavits, declarations, expert reports and documentary evidence. She presented this evidence for all to see in four court filings and on her website.

FAKE NEWS v. Reality

Contrary to what the Fake News is pushing, Sidney did NOT claim in court that ‘no reasonable person would believe her claims’. The press is using twisted legalese and manipulating the legal standard to confuse the issue, as they have done before in other high-profile cases. Ms. Powell’s statements were legal opinions that she stands behind, as they were based on sworn affidavits, declarations, expert reports and documentary evidence.

Dominion claims that the evidence Ms. Powell relied upon to assert her claims concerning the lack of election integrity is incredible and not believable. Ms. Powell responded by pointing out that her assertions were her legal opinions based on the evidence she presented to four different courts. Accordingly, her statements are not subject to challenge under defamation law.

Official Statement from Sidney’s Lawyer
HOWARD KLEINHENDLER, ATTORNEY FOR SIDNEY POWELL, RESPONDS TO MEDIA ALLEGATIONS CONCERNING MOTION TO DISMISS FILED AGAINST DOMINION COMPLAINT

New York, New York March 23, 2021

Yesterday, several news media outlets cut and paste out of context portions of our motion to dismiss the Dominion complaint to “spin” a message that the election fraud allegations that Ms. Powell presented to various courts and to the public were not credible. I’d like to clarify what actually was presented to the court. First, let me be clear: any suggestion that “no reasonable person” would believe Ms. Powell or her comments on the election is false. The language these reports referred to is a legal standard adopted by the courts to determine whether statements qualify as opinions which are exempt from defamation liability.

As the DC Circuit reaffirmed just last week, there is no claim for defamation when the alleged “defamatory” statement is a legal opinion. Ms. Powell’s statements fall precisely into this category. Ms. Powell reviewed sworn affidavits, declarations, expert testimony, and other highly corroborated evidence concerning the election which Ms. Powell filed with the courts and shared publicly. She continues to stand by those opinions today. Our motion, in part, argues that the Dominion case should be dismissed because legal opinions are not grounds for defamation.

In sum, the legal standard of a technical legal defense crafted by the courts has been improperly manipulated by the media to tell a false narrative. Ms. Powell is not backing down or retracting her previous statements concerning Dominion. Dominion’s case lacks legal merit and should be dismissed in its entirety.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 06:58:52 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 06:22:42 am »
Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

If you think massive election fraud did not happen this election primarily because it did not happen in past elections, you are officially a bleep idiot.

8:33 AM · Nov 12, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1326880828568215552

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 06:29:22 am »
A nice, concise record of what did and is still happening .....

Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

Democrats are employing some excellent brainwashing technique to defend the election as fair. Here are some of their tricks.

1. "Refuses to concede" is making you think past the sale that Trump's legal challenges will fail. This is their main persuasion trick.

2. "Audit" is being used to make a simple recount of (alleged) fraudulent ballots seem as if that could potentially find all types of fraud, which a recount is not designed to do. When none is found (because they are not looking), they will declare it proof there was no fraud.

3. "No evidence" is being used to reframe "plenty of evidence but not yet proven in court."

4. "No WIDESPREAD fraud" is the defense against the allegation of TARGETED fraud in specific swing state cities. This is misdirection aimed at low-information voters, which is most of the public.

5. Massive fraud would be "obvious" if it happened, so therefore it didn't happen. This ignores the entire nature of the allegation -- that it is totally obvious to about half of the country. No one believes Biden got far more votes than Obama.

6. Trump lawsuits are being tossed out of court. The fake news does not tell you the strongest evidence of fraud has not yet been presented to the courts. The first lawsuits were probably just to keep the fraud argument alive while lawyers dug for the good stuff.

7. Character assassination by bad analogy. The fake news is labelling Trump's legal challenges to the election as McCarthyism, racism, and the work of a dictator staging a coup. All of that is fear-persuasion based on bad analogies.

8. Experts and trusted media say no fraud has been detected. What they leave out is that they were not looking for it, and in some cases the people responsible for preventing election fraud are just saying they did a terrific job. This is misdirection.

9:30 AM · Nov 20, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1329794369453400064

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 06:43:41 am »
A nice, concise record of what did and is still happening .....

Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays

Democrats are employing some excellent brainwashing technique to defend the election as fair. Here are some of their tricks.

3. "No evidence" is being used to reframe "plenty of evidence but not yet proven in court."

6. Trump lawsuits are being tossed out of court. The fake news does not tell you the strongest evidence of fraud has not yet been presented to the courts. The first lawsuits were probably just to keep the fraud argument alive while lawyers dug for the good stuff.

9:30 AM · Nov 20, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1329794369453400064

The great injustice to all, including the American people, is the courts' refusal to hear lawsuits with evidence.  The slam dunk case was the Texas lawsuit filed in the court of original jurisdiction asking for a review of Constitution issues, not fraud --- was stunningly refused.   No one I know in the legal field, either pro or anti Trump, can yet wrap their heads around this breach of judicial obligation. 

This was a front on assault against 75+ million American citizens and their right to a free and fair vote.

The unkindest cut of all will be as investigations continue in key states, evidence will be aired and heard, election and voter fraud will (again) be proven ---- after the inauguration and when its likely HR1 will be the law of the land.

The GOP should have fought for Trump with one unified, loud voice.

BassWrangler

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 01:24:16 pm »

OH, I don't think they lied. They were bamboozled. I think the Kraken nonsense started with that idiot professor at M.I.T. - I've forgotten his name, but you know, the guy who presented a graph of what was effectively (Y -X) by X, and then claimed the fact that it had a slope of -1 was some sort of proof of election tampering. I think this fool bamboozled a number of folks, Powell included.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 01:33:04 pm »
OH, I don't think they lied. They were bamboozled. I think the Kraken nonsense started with that idiot professor at M.I.T. - I've forgotten his name, but you know, the guy who presented a graph of what was effectively (Y -X) by X, and then claimed the fact that it had a slope of -1 was some sort of proof of election tampering. I think this fool bamboozled a number of folks, Powell included.

Yah... Then there was the code they hawked all over everywhere... Java. Looked like a refresh routine for a website somewhere. And yeah, poorly done... But mauling the data on the downstream side ain't proof of mauling the data on the upstream side. The minute I seen it I knew it was bullcrap. But you can't tell anyone that - They get the bit in their teeth and off they go.

Twitterpated.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 01:34:01 pm by roamer_1 »

BassWrangler

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 01:38:13 pm »
Yah... Then there was the code they hawked all over everywhere... Java. Looked like a refresh routine for a website somewhere. And yeah, poorly done... But mauling the data on the downstream side ain't proof of mauling the data on the upstream side. The minute I seen it I knew it was bullcrap. But you can't tell anyone that - They get the bit in their teeth and off they go.

Twitterpated.

Indeed.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 02:32:06 pm »
The Sovereign Crime of Industrial Scale Vote Fraud

Sovereign crime.  It does have a ring to it.

Sovereign crime is not something we see a lot of in America as our governmental institutions are generally not organized to commit, support or hide a crime.

Most Americans have never seen an organized crime take place, in plain view, supported by or covered up by governmental institutions.  But it happens all the time around the world, even in some countries that are quite Westernized.

Sovereign crime means your government was a participant, active or passive, enabling vote fraud...

Our profilers comfortably said the 2020 election fraud was on such a scale that it was impossible for the major law enforcement agencies to not have known about it in advance.

Governmental law enforcement either actively engaged in the fraud, which is impossible to prove, or knowingly acquiesced after the fact...

Their comments were striking because they said the data easily available showed the election fraud patterns had two very alarming characteristics: It was not the first time this was tried, and it will be performed again, at scale, in the next election...

Excerpts: rest at above link
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 02:34:21 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 02:38:25 pm »
The Sovereign Crime of Industrial Scale Vote Fraud

Excerpts: rest at above link

So you still believe in the Kraken, then?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2021, 02:47:38 pm »
So you still believe in the Kraken, then?

:yowsa: I still believe that there was major, industrial-scale election fraud in the 2020 election. YOU really should read the article I linked to @BassWrangler
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 02:49:47 pm »
 :2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 02:51:47 pm »

The media does it's best to deny NewsMax and OAN exist.  To report something like this from neither one of them gives them a legitimacy that the MSM doesn't want to award them.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

BassWrangler

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2021, 02:52:02 pm »
:yowsa: I still believe that there was major, industrial-scale election fraud in the 2020 election. YOU really should read the article I linked to @BassWrangler

Fair enough. I’ll read it after work today.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2021, 03:03:02 pm »
Again, the Trump team distanced themselves from Powell.

Secondly, IF the MSM can continue to convince the populace that there was no election fraud, then there will not be a push from the GOP voting base for a fair election and they will again follow in march step to the ballot box where they will cast their votes thinking once again that the election isn't rigged, and certainly election results will never be challenged again.  SCOTUS blinked and courts DENIED hearings!!!

Too many eye witness reports of election fraud that have been blatantly ignored.  Too much evidence that was NOT heard by the courts.

The fix was in at least since the mid terms.

Ronna McDanniels led the way and the dumb idiots re-appointed her as chair of of the RNC.  What could possibly go wrong??

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:06:00 pm by libertybele »

BassWrangler

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2021, 03:06:56 pm »
Again, the Trump team distanced themselves from Powell.

Secondly, IF the MSM can continue to convince the populace that there was no election fraud, then there will not be a push from the GOP voting base for a fair election and they will again follow in march step to the ballot box where they will cast their votes thinking once again that the election isn't rigged, and certainly election results will never be challenged again.  SCOTUS blinked and courts DENIED hearings!!!

Is anyone arguing here that there wasn't some election fraud? I think what's being discussed here is that this Kraken theory of huge numbers of votes being switched by Dominion servers was a load of crap. I said it was at the time, and now we have even more evidence that it was.

Yes, the Trump team did distance themselves from Powell and company. It sounds like they did so with good reason. But I think you can make a credible case that the Powell and Wood and this Kraken nonsense contributed to an overall air of clownish, conspiracy theory nonsense that in many people's minds discredited ALL the election fraud claims, even though many of them were very real. In that sense, Powell bears some responsibility for Biden being in office right now.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:10:03 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2021, 03:08:44 pm »
@libertybele

My complaint against Powell is she sucked the oxygen out of the issue and was given waaay too much face time.  FWIW, she was not a part of the President's legal team as both the President and Powell have publically stated.  She does it again in the audio linked to below.

Powell's response:

https://rumble.com/embed/vcgzfp/?pub=4

pointing-up

At the time, I was surprised that the Trump team disavowed that Powell was part of their team as I thought that she was.  I also felt that obviously they had some reason to distance themselves.

BassWrangler

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2021, 03:17:43 pm »
At the time, I was surprised that the Trump team disavowed that Powell was part of their team as I thought that she was.  I also felt that obviously they had some reason to distance themselves.

There was plenty of evidence - #1 being this buffoon at M.I.T. (Shiva Ayyadurai) who got the whole kooky Kraken conspiracy theory started. I pointed this out, numerous times, in the days after the election, and a number of folks (I recall it was @Bigun  and @Right_in_Virginia primarily) implied I didn't know what I was talking about. They did exactly what some are doing now, which is to post a bunch of other election fraud evidence - not related to the crackpot Kraken theory - as if those of us who don't buy into the Kraken nonsense are claiming there was no fraud at all.

Just to reiterate - it is 100% possible to believe there was significant election fraud while simultaneously disbelieving that there was massive swapping of votes by Dominion servers (The koo-koo for Kraken theory).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 03:18:40 pm by BassWrangler »