Author Topic: Court: You Can’t Be Raped If You Willingly Got Drunk  (Read 607 times)

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Court: You Can’t Be Raped If You Willingly Got Drunk
« on: March 28, 2021, 04:29:54 pm »
Court: You Can’t Be Raped If You Willingly Got Drunk

A sexual consent case in Minnesota has renewed the debate over how and when sexual assault or rape accusers are able to provide consent. Francois Monulu Khalil had previously been convicted of third-degree sexual assault after having been accused by a woman who was intoxicated when she met him in 2017, going on to later have sex with the suspect. Prosecutors argued that while the victim agreed to the act, she was unable to give informed consent because she was intoxicated. The state’s high court this week unanimously overturned the conviction, saying that since the woman had voluntarily consumed alcohol and became intoxicated before she’d even met Khalil, he was not responsible for her mental incapacitation and was therefore not guilty. Now a bipartisan group of state legislators are rushing to change the laws so this doesn’t happen again, but should they? (USA Today)

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2021/03/28/court-cant-raped-willingly-got-drunk/

Yet another area where the Rodents rush to pander to a group they want to claim is too stupid to take care of themselves.

How many centuries has it been since the invention of alcoholic drinks?  500?   And how many centuries has it been that women have been told they can get in trouble hanging out where alcohol is served?  500?

And then there's the accusers story, further down the link.   She claims that after the bar wouldn't let her in because she was obviously drunk, she hooked up with the accused and then "passed out".   Then she claims she woke up and found he was having her.

Where's the evidence she passed out?   The case needs to be thrown out because there's no evidence.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline The_Reader_David

Re: Court: You Can’t Be Raped If You Willingly Got Drunk
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 05:21:57 pm »
Current Minnesota law on the matter is correct and does not need to be fixed.  If you willfully become intoxicated, you should be held responsible for your actions while intoxicated, including consenting to sex. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 05:50:34 pm »
Now a bipartisan group of state legislators are rushing to change the laws so this doesn’t happen again, but should they?

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 05:52:37 pm »
Fat, Drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life but it may get you laid.

Had a friend of my wife tell me once that her doctor told her she needed to stop drinking because of her legs.  I asked her if it was because they swelled?

She said no...they spread.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 06:04:12 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 01:36:17 am »
Actually, the headline is a lie.   The findings of the court would not cover forcible rape, only claims of rape due to incapacity to give consent due to intoxication. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 02:06:54 am »
So...every drunk girl wants to get raped?
Wow...being a nice guy, I guess I missed out on a lot of opportunities?

Nah...not for me, raping a drunk girl is not my thing.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 03:33:06 am »
See @corbe ... You asked for it...  :whistle:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 11:25:47 am »
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 02:15:57 pm »
Actually, the headline is a lie.   The findings of the court would not cover forcible rape, only claims of rape due to incapacity to give consent due to intoxication.

In the age of PoundMeToo, all sex is "rape."  Feminazis have been claiming this for many years now.  That's the screwball thinking that had that idiot Whoopie calling something not a "rape rape."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 11:59:05 pm »
And therein lies ALL the difficulty.

Rape meant rape when I was growing up.

Now it needs adjectives so we know if we're talking about rape rape, date rape, forcible rape, or Bill Clinton.

The other questions to consider is what are going to be the allowed blood alcohol limits for driving a penis through a tunnel.   Will the cops be able to pull the penis over and give it a sobriety test, or with that be a matter for testing the tunnel?

How many drinks are too many for consensual sex?   Will men have to have lawyers on retainer now because the law claims women are too stupid to decide if they can have sex tonight, or not?

What if the male is drunk and the female is not?  Will that absolve the male from all future child support payments?

Will the bar owners get hit for child support if some broad gets drunk there and then pregnant later?

We can all see how this is trending in society.   How long will it be before every male over 18 has to register with the Selective Service AND the Penis Control Board?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 12:06:38 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 02:05:22 am »
This. (good gawd, that's so millennial of me)

What this ruling boils down to is that everyone is responsible for their own actions. If a person willingly consumed alcohol, and consented while under the influence of that alcohol, that is still consent. It would be different if the other party drugged her drink.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 05:28:27 am »
And therein lies ALL the difficulty.

Rape meant rape when I was growing up.

There it is. Like 'hate crime' diminishes the definition of murder in any other fashion - When I guarantee, every kind of murder we are concerned about IS a crime born of hate.

The minute there IS an adjective the pejorative factor of the original is reduced. When really, it should take no more.

In my mind, every rapist should die. And I am serious about that.
But that has been necessarily blunted these days, because not everything they call rape is legitimately rape according to the definition in my mind...