Author Topic: Devastating Drone Images Expose The Uselessness Of Wind Energy In Cold Weather  (Read 208 times)

rangerrebew

Devastating Drone Images Expose The Uselessness Of Wind Energy In Cold Weather

By Kenneth Richard on 25. March 2021

A new study affirms 0.3 m (12 inches) of ice buildup along the tip of a wind turbine’s 50-meters-long blades during a typical ice storm dramatically reduces the blades’ capacity to rotate – even in very windy conditions. The averaged power production loss induced by this ice accretion reaches up to 80%.

The evidence that wind energy cannot reliably meet even the most fundamental need to keep us warm during harsh winter weather continues to accumulate. Nearly 4.5 million Texas residents experienced these grid failure consequences last month.

When a wind turbine blade spins in cold, wet weather, the ice buildup can span the length of the 50-meters-long blade, severely disturbing the aerodynamic balance of the entire 150-meters-tall machine.

https://notrickszone.com/2021/03/25/devastating-drone-images-expose-the-uselessness-of-wind-energy-in-cold-weather/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Stop subsidizing them and see how quickly they disapear.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien