Author Topic: Nation’s first ‘vaccine passport’ coming to New York  (Read 360 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nation’s first ‘vaccine passport’ coming to New York

By Gabrielle Fonrouge

March 26, 2021 | 6:56pm

The New York State Excelsior Pass will allow residents to enter certain venues and businesses. NYS Governor's Office

The nation’s very first “vaccine passport” is coming to the Big Apple.

The program, dubbed the “Excelsior Pass,” is an app that will allow New Yorkers to prove their vaccination status, or recent history of a negative COVID-19 test, in order to gain entry to events and businesses, Governor Cuomo announced in a news release Friday. 

“Similar to a mobile airline boarding pass, individuals will be able to either print out their pass or store it on their smartphones using the Excelsior Pass Wallet app,” the news release explains.

“Each Pass will have a secure QR code, which participating businesses and venues can scan using a companion app to verify proof of COVID-19 negative test results or proof of vaccination. An individual’s data is kept secure and confidential at all times.”

more
https://nypost.com/2021/03/26/nations-first-covid-vaccine-passport-coming-to-new-york/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Now and then, I cross the NY border to have lunch with a friend up in rural Millerton.

If this passport system is implemented, I may not be able to enter the restaurant any more.

How much business will NY establishments lose from out-of-state folks who can't produce "their papers" ...?

rangerrebew

Will members of BLM/ANTIFA raiding parties be required to have a passport?  Remember they are allowed to riot without face masks so why would they be required to have them to enter NY? 

Will a special passport be required that has to be obtained from NY for a slight charge, say $500, or will a vaccination card from a home state be enough?  Our son and family live in NY and when we visit, will be rejected even though my wife and I have vaccination cards which prove we have gotten the shots?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I guess NY's 1st Idea of a number tattoo was rejected because it was too Nazi-esgue?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.