Author Topic: Scientific American: ‘Climate Anxiety Is an Overwhelmingly White Phenomenon’ – College student ‘will  (Read 306 times)

rangerrebew

Scientific American: ‘Climate Anxiety Is an Overwhelmingly White Phenomenon’ – College student ‘willing to submit to a green dictator’ to fight climate

Humboldt State University Professor Sarah Jaquette Ray in Environmental Studies Department: "I recently gave a college lecture about climate anxiety. One of the students e-mailed me to say she was so distressed that she’d be willing to submit to a green dictator if they would address climate change." ...

"One year ago, I published a book called A Field Guide to Climate Anxiety. Since its publication, I have been struck by the fact that those responding to the concept of climate anxiety are overwhelmingly white. Indeed, these climate anxiety circles are even whiter than the environmental circles I’ve been in for decades....Put another way, is climate anxiety just code for white people wishing to hold onto their way of life or get “back to normal,” to the comforts of their privilege?" ...

"The white response to climate change is literally suffocating to people of color. Climate anxiety can operate like white fragility, sucking up all the oxygen in the room and devoting resources toward appeasing the dominant group." ...

https://www.climatedepot.com/2021/03/22/scientific-american-climate-anxiety-is-an-overwhelmingly-white-phenomenon-college-student-willing-to-submit-to-a-green-dictator-to-fight-climate/

rangerrebew

Hey, Jack*ss college student!  You don't get to pick the type of dictator you get because you're not living in a republic or democracy.  You might get a dictator who hates dumb *ss college kids who make stupid comments and want them eliminated. Those college students could wind up in a gulag in Siberia studying snowflake design.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 10:19:41 am by rangerrebew »

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Humboldt State University Professor Sarah Jaquette Ray in Environmental Studies Department........Indeed, these climate anxiety circles are even whiter than the environmental circles I’ve been in for decades....Put another way, is climate anxiety just code for white people wishing to hold onto their way of life or get “back to normal,” to the comforts of their privilege?" ...

"The white response to climate change is literally suffocating to people of color. Climate anxiety can operate like white fragility, sucking up all the oxygen in the room and devoting resources toward appeasing the dominant group." ...

Looks like we have it right here, on the unimpeachable word of an academic environmentalist who operates in environmental "circles" (I think she missed the irony there) that "climate change" is simply a dog whistle for white supremacy.  When those kkklimatologists continue agitating to end fossil fuels and empower "green dictators", holding down the black and brown populations of the world, the correct response is "check your privilege."
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sam wrote:
"kkklimatologists..."

I like that!
Make it "green" (I did)!