Poll

AT what age did you leave your Parents House?

As soon as I could~15yo or younger
2 (6.7%)
Stayed through High School
16 (53.3%)
Stayed through College
8 (26.7%)
When my pregnant girlfriend demanded it
0 (0%)
When the cops came to pick me up~pot option
3 (10%)
I'm still there
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: April 22, 2021, 02:37:09 pm

Author Topic: AT what age did you leave your Parents House?  (Read 2299 times)

Offline corbe

AT what age did you leave your Parents House?
« on: March 23, 2021, 02:37:09 pm »
WISE CONNECTORâ„¢ | Better Habits. Better Life.
@wiseconnector
Today 52% of young adults from 18 to 29 are still living with their parents.  At what age did you move out on your own?
4:03 PM · Mar 22, 2021·SmarterQueue

102 Retweets
64 Quote Tweets
696 Likes
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

Re: AT what age did you leave your Parents House?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 05:54:12 pm »
You mean for the LAST time?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 06:16:10 pm »
One time I went back to live with them and tried to open the back door but it was locked.  I pulled out my key and found the locks had been changed.  So I goes to the front door and start banging on it when this guy I have never seen before sticks a gun in my face and asks me WTF I was doing.  I ask him what he is doing in My parents house?

Seems they sold it a few months before and moved out of state and neglected to inform me.

Bastards.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 06:24:15 pm »
Seems they sold it a few months before and moved out of state and neglected to inform me.

Bastards.

yeah... I hate it when that happens...

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 06:35:27 pm »
yeah... I hate it when that happens...

Tell me about it.  :shrug:

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 06:44:39 pm »
   Fess up @Wingnut she didn't let you know her ol man called in sick that day.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 06:57:22 pm »
   Fess up @Wingnut she didn't let you know her ol man called in sick that day.

That was a week later...... :pop41:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 12:48:49 am »
I grew up in the Central Valley, a bit WNW of Sacramento. Where I went to college was in Phoenix, something like 800 miles away. I went straight out of high school, had a job briefly in Scottsdale, and then moved to Silicon Valley for a job in Palo Alto. We were usually on good terms, though after I got married and started having kids we had some "interesting" times.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Magyars

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 03:06:04 pm »
Joined the Navy at 18, left my parents home permanently but had been in and out of their home for a number of years.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 03:29:44 pm »
Left there at 20, stopped doing my laundry there at 28.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 03:32:35 pm »
I moved back in with my mom after getting out of the Navy. Simple questions in the morning before she left for work, like "what would you like for dinner", just drove me crazy. How the hell did I know where I was gunna be around dinnertime. Luckily my lil Sis just bought a house, so I bought their trailer from them. That Thanksgiving, there was a silence during the pig-out and everyone was looking at me. No tellin what it was that came out of my  foul Navy mouth.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 04:49:09 pm »
I moved out just after turning 19, I met and got engaged to my future wife and my parents were very against it, my mother told me one of the reasons was that I was so young and had never lived out on my own. I rented an apartment and moved out right after she said that, I think it shocked her especially as I was the youngest and first to go.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 05:46:59 pm »
After college. I was told in May to be out by Labor Day. My mom gave me some of her old furniture and bought new, and my folks gave me the security deposit as a graduation gift.

I more than ready. I had to work two jobs until my mid thirties to pay for this but I cherished my independence and living by myself with our roommates
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 07:12:04 pm »
My 17th birthday,when I enlisted in the US Army.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 07:17:44 pm »
WISE CONNECTORâ„¢ | Better Habits. Better Life.
@wiseconnector

Today 52% of young adults from 18 to 29 are still living with their parents. 

I think that may be a little misleading because many of the youngest are still living at home while going to college or trade school,and no doubt some of the older ones had to move back home when they lost their jobs due to cheap Chinese imports and the Dims and their RINO co-conspirators selling out our industry to the Chinese.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 07:23:45 pm »
One time I went back to live with them and tried to open the back door but it was locked.  I pulled out my key and found the locks had been changed.  So I goes to the front door and start banging on it when this guy I have never seen before sticks a gun in my face and asks me WTF I was doing.  I ask him what he is doing in My parents house?

Bastards.

@Wingnut

I had a friend in basic I met up with again at Bragg tell me the same thing happened to him.

It was slightly different for me. When I got home after basic training,it was like I had never existed. Every magazine and book I had collected had been thrown away,and every piece of civilian clothing I had left in my closet had been given to Good Will. It was like I had never existed.  They didn't even keep any of my school photos or year books. Tossed it all.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 07:25:51 pm »
@Wingnut

I had a friend in basic I met up with again at Bragg tell me the same thing happened to him.

It was slightly different for me. When I got home after basic training,it was like I had never existed. Every magazine and book I had collected had been thrown away,and every piece of civilian clothing I had left in my closet had been given to Good Will. It was like I had never existed.  They didn't even keep any of my school photos or year books. Tossed it all.

That sucks.   

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 08:11:28 pm »
Between 17 and 18.  When I got home after basic training everything of value that I had owned had been hocked by my drug-soaked younger brother and sister.

And that was just the beginning.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 08:35:05 pm »
@Wingnut

Jeez thats a real confidence booster.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2021, 10:35:21 pm »

@skeeter

Well,it was my fault for not expecting it. They started telling me I had better do good in school around the time I was in the 3rd grade because when I turned 18 I would need to find a place to live because I wouldn't be allowed to stay with them.

It ain't like I wasn't warned.

They weren't my birth parents,anyhow. They were just a couple that liked children,and I had already taught myself to read and write by the time I started elementary school,so I wasn't very child-like to them. They both loved and doted on little children,but by the time you started to mature,they lost interest and wanted another baby to raise.

Especially my father,who had to quit school in the 3rd grade and go to work at a shipbuilders to help his mother feed and support his 6 brothers and sisters. He would barely write his name,and couldn't read at all,and having to ask me to read the newspaper to him or tell him what the news people on tv were talking about must have been humiliating. He was NOT stupid,but he was illiterate,and this make him think he was stupid.

My mother did a little better. She managed to make it through the 5th grade before both her parents died and she had to quit school and go to work.

Still,fair is fair,and it's not like I didn't have any warning. In MY defense,that was the only family I had ever lived with,so what did I know about families?

Neither one of them ever knew or expected anything but hard times their whole lives.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2021, 10:39:20 pm »

@skeeter

I didn't find out until years later what was behind that. They got rid of all my stuff the same week I left for basic training because they were trying to find another baby to take care of and needed the room for the new baby and all the stuff he or she may need. Unfortunately for them,the county turned them down because of age,health conditions,and income.

They were good people,though. They were just doing the best they could do with what they had to work with. I don't think either one of them caught an actual break their entire lives.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2021, 10:54:32 pm »
In MY defense,that was the only family I had ever lived with,so what did I know about families?

You got that right.  Growing up, there was a huge disconnect between television families and reality.  It is hard learning how to be a good father when you were never provided an example of one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2021, 11:59:17 pm »
@skeeter

I didn't find out until years later what was behind that. They got rid of all my stuff the same week I left for basic training because they were trying to find another baby to take care of and needed the room for the new baby and all the stuff he or she may need. Unfortunately for them,the county turned them down because of age,health conditions,and income.

They were good people,though. They were just doing the best they could do with what they had to work with. I don't think either one of them caught an actual break their entire lives.
Still it seems they had a bit of a blind spot where human nature is concerned. A young person's need for belonging doesn't shut off at age 18.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2021, 12:10:11 am »
I moved out off and on for a few years during high school and college, went to work for an advertising agency and they offered me an unbelievable position for my age, but I wasn't ready to settle down and moved to Alaska for a couple of years, came back, and met my husband @ the ripe old age of 24 ... we'll be married 39 years (God willing) this December!  30 of those years we've lived in FL.  Collectively we have 3 children, 6 grandchildren, and 1 great grandchild and multiple grandpuppies.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2021, 01:30:31 am »
@mystery-ak
@Gefn

From the age I could make a plan, I knew I was going to a college/university.  After finishing high school, during that summer, went to a Jr. College about 15 miles from house; a school bus would pick me up in front of house and go to Kilgore, Texas where Jr. College was, then bring me home after the two classes - English and Math (Trig).  In the fall, went to a university, lived in a dorm, but came home for holidays.  I never lived full time at home after I started at the university.

Ladies, my Mother made all my clothes until I graduated high school which was in the east Texas oilfield.  Then, in summer before I left for the university, parents took me to Dallas, Texas, to Sanger-Harris department store.  We went to ladies clothing and my parents said buy anything I wanted.  I picked out numerous clothes to wear at the university - my first real "store bought" clothes.  Bought a for winter long coat, sort of a muted gold color and wore that coat for many years.