Author Topic: NY Times, Joke of a Newspaper: Babylon Bee 'Trafficked in Misinformation' Disguised as Satire  (Read 442 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

NY Times, Joke of a Newspaper: Babylon Bee 'Trafficked in Misinformation' Disguised as Satire

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/clay-waters/2021/03/21/ny-times-joke-newspaper-babylon-bee-trafficked-misinformation

The headline at the New York Times, was promising: “For Political Cartoonists, the Irony Was That Facebook Didn’t Recognize Irony -- As Facebook has become more active at moderating political speech, it has had trouble dealing with satire.” It appeared on the front of Saturday’s Business Day section as “Facebook Just Does Not Get Satire.”

Would it be a long-overdue defense of the Babylon Bee, which has suffered instances of “moderation” in the form of ham-handed censorship from Facebook, blocking a Babylon Bee story claiming a Democratic senator had accused Amy Coney Barrett of witchcraft during her Senate hearings?

Of course not. In fact, technology reporter Mike Isaac uncorked another Times attack on the satire site, again ludicrously attacking it as “misinformation,” an angle the paper would never consider with the leftist satire of The Onion.

Isaac flattered these crude cartoonists as sophisticated ironists, revealing that the only social media censorship the paper disapproves of is when left-wingers get clipped, although such squelching happens on a regular basis to the right.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

The left just cannot understand nor do humor. I guess that explains insipidly unfunny dolts like Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert hosting TV shows.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The left just cannot understand nor do humor. I guess that explains insipidly unfunny dolts like Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert hosting TV shows.

So true!.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Like all authoritarians they can't tolerate being mocked.