Author Topic: ‘Horrific’: swarms of spiders flee into homes – and up legs – to escape NSW floods  (Read 388 times)

Offline thackney

‘Horrific’: swarms of spiders flee into homes – and up legs – to escape NSW floods
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/mar/22/horrific-swarms-of-spiders-flee-into-homes-and-up-legs-to-escape-nsw-floods
Mon 22 Mar 2021

A carpet of brown greeted Matt Lovenfosse as he pulled up to his home on Monday morning. “So I went out to have a look and it was millions of spiders,” he says.

They were running ahead of flood water rising up from Kinchela Creek, pouring across the back of Lovenfosse’s property on the mid-north coast of New South Wales....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nothing creeps me out more than spiders.  Not afraid, but this graphic is an example of what kind of situation I don't want to be in.

One other thing though, we don't have to worry about dying from a spider bite here in the U.S.   Yeah, black widow and brown recluse bites are pretty nasty. but....

Aussies aren't so lucky.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Any one else notice the size of that cricket? 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

Offline mountaineer

What the heck is going on in Australia?
'Mouse Plague' In Australia: Mice Invading Streets, People's Homes
By Athena Chan
03/21/21 AT 11:57 PM
KEY POINTS:

Australia's rural parts have been dealing with the "mouse plague" for months
    The mice have invaded the streets and people's homes
    Locals have been catching up to hundreds of mice per night

Parts of rural Australia are being plagued by hordes of mice that are causing serious damage and invading people's homes.

Rural New South Wales and southern Queensland have been experiencing a massive mouse infestation that locals have called a "plague." As The Guardian reported, the influx of rodents to the area was likely a result of the region's recent yield of an unusually large grain harvest after years of drought.

This is has led to the mice filling the streets, going into people's homes and cars and even invading businesses, with the locals having to spend hours just to clean up the mess and set traps. ...
International Business Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org