Author Topic: Inside John Hinckley Jr.’s failed attempt to assassinate Ronald Reagan  (Read 377 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inside John Hinckley Jr.’s failed attempt to assassinate Ronald Reagan

By Michael Kaplan

March 20, 2021 | 6:36pm | Updated

When Ronald Reagan stepped out of the Washington, DC, Hilton on March 30, 1981, he still carried himself like the Hollywood star he once was: A big grin stretched across his face as he raised his hand high and waved to the crowd of journalists corralled behind a rope-like barrier.

The new president had just finished speaking before AFL-CIO leaders, but the press was hoping to get a quote about rising tensions with Russia before Reagan stepped into his bulletproof limousine.

Among the ranks was Associated Press reporter Michael Putzel. “I took a position near the right rear wheel of the limo,” Putzel told The Post. “It was the best place from which to shout a question.” His tape recorder running, Putzel called out: “Mr. President! Mr. President!”

Reagan turned to him. “I was right at the end of saying, ‘Mr. President’ when there came pop, pop,” Putzel recalled. Photos show “the smile washing from the president. His hand came down. [Secret Service agent] Jerry Parr pushed him toward the limo.”

more
https://nypost.com/article/ronald-reagan-shot-john-hinckley-jr-assassination-attempt/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
That was very interesting. Somehow I thought Hinkley was still incarcerated.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline mountaineer

Bill O'Reilly's book, "Killing Reagan," was an interesting and thorough examination of the assassination attempt. It also told more about Reagan's Hollywood years than I had known.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

"Jodie Fisher is what?!?!?!"