Author Topic: Baseball player arrested after police find 21 pounds of meth in Cubs bag  (Read 552 times)

Online mountaineer

Baseball player arrested after police find 21 pounds of meth in Cubs bag
By Peter Botte
NY Post
March 20, 2021
A minor-league player in the Chicago Cubs’ system was busted in Colorado after police discovered 21 pounds of meth and more than a pound of Oxycodone pills in a Cubs duffel bag in his car.

Jesus Camargo Corrales, a 25-year-old Single-A pitcher, was arrested Wednesday in Eagle County, Colorado on four felony drug counts for possession and distribution, according to WGN-Chicago’s website.   

Cops pulled over the pitcher, who goes professionally by Jesus Camargo, according to MILB.com, after they witnessed the silver BMW he was driving drifting across lanes and speeding on Interstate 70.

The car was searched by the Eagle County Sherriff’s office and a K-9 unit discovered the duffel bag under the rear seat, which contained the drugs, as well as several baseball gloves, cleats and $1,000 in cash, according to WGN.  ...
Who knew minor league baseball was so lucrative?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

I'm always amused and entertained by the dopers who when carrying illegal drugs on their person or in their cars decide to drive like maniacs so as not to draw attention from the fuzz.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm always amused and entertained by the dopers who when carrying illegal drugs on their person or in their cars decide to drive like maniacs so as not to draw attention from the fuzz.
You'd think they'd just set the cruise control and pay attention....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You'd think they'd just set the cruise control and pay attention....

"He's taking a pretty big lead out there
Almost daring them to pick him off..."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.