Author Topic: GoFundMe for children of an Atlanta spa shooting victim raises $2M  (Read 224 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GoFundMe for children of an Atlanta spa shooting victim raises $2M
By Marina Pitofsky - 03/20/21 04:28 PM EDT

A GoFundMe fundraiser for the sons of one of the women killed in a spree shooting in Atlanta last week has raised more than $2 million as of Saturday afternoon.

The fundraiser, which has raised over $2,460,000, was started by Randy Park, the son of Hyun Jung Grant, one of the victims of the shootings last week at three massage parlors in the Atlanta area.

Eight people were killed in the attacks, including six Asian women.

“She was a single mother who dedicated her whole life to providing for my brother and I,” Park wrote in the description of the fundraiser, which has drawn nearly 65,000 donors.

“She was one of my best friends and the strongest influence on who we are today. Losing her has put a new lens on my eyes on the amount of hate that exists in our world,” he continued.

But Park added that “as much as I want to grieve and process the reality that she is gone,” he has to take care of his younger brother, and the two are searching for a new place to live.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/544174-gofundme-for-children-of-an-atlanta-spa-shooting-victim-raises
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34