Author Topic: NCAA players take a knee during national anthem  (Read 698 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NCAA players take a knee during national anthem
« on: March 19, 2021, 07:52:13 pm »
NCAA players take a knee during national anthem
By Celine Castronuovo - 03/19/21 03:45 PM EDT

Players for several teams in the NCAA Tournament took a knee during the national anthem as the first-round March Madness games kicked off Friday.

The Associated Press reported that most players for No. 16 seed Drexel knelt during the playing of the national anthem before they played Illinois at Indiana Farmers Coliseum.

Illinois later in the afternoon Friday beat out Drexel to advance to the second round.

Several Colgate players also took a knee before their game against No. 3 seed Arkansas at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Arkansas eventually won the matchup.

The AP noted that several players also took a knee at the Florida-Virginia Tech at Hinkle Fieldhouse, at which Florida came out victorious.

Kneeling during the national anthem has become an increasingly popular form of social activism among professional and college athletes.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/544076-ncaa-players-take-a-knee-during-national-anthem
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: NCAA players take a knee during national anthem
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 08:32:40 am »
I'll take "How to get no one to give a damn about your sport" for $500, Alex!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 05:19:49 pm »

Looks like one Drexel (the team at left) kid in each row didn't kneel.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 11:36:35 pm »
If the NCAA is going to allow this nonsense, then I am done with them too.  Let all sports go the way of the doddo bird.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 01:20:16 pm »
Georgetown, Drexel and Florida may take a knee if they like.
My team (which beat Florida last night), on the other hand, takes a different approach.  :whistle:

@Polly Ticks
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:22:13 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 01:38:35 pm »
Georgetown, Drexel and Florida may take a knee if they like.
My team (which beat Florida last night), on the other hand, takes a different approach.  :whistle:

@Polly Ticks

Yes! I love this so much.

On a semi-related note, I happened to see on a few Twitter posts about the win last night that there was the typical leftist outrage against ORU because they expel students for practicing homosexuality. It is apparently simply shocking that a traditional Christian college would espouse traditional Christian values.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 10:49:12 pm »
Take a knee Georgetown, get slaughtered.

Mr Ewing should have focused on coaching instead of making political statements with his boys who are yet to be men.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 11:03:06 pm »
Yes! I love this so much.

On a semi-related note, I happened to see on a few Twitter posts about the win last night that there was the typical leftist outrage against ORU because they expel students for practicing homosexuality. It is apparently simply shocking that a traditional Christian college would espouse traditional Christian values.
It's been observed (on an ORU-related Facebook page) that ORU frowns on all forms of promiscuity/fornication/premarital sex - not just homosexual activity. So the gays aren't exactly discriminated against, are they?