State Chapters > Illinois

Pritzker to require 70% of elderly get vaccines before lifting more COVID-19 restrictions

(1/2) > >>

mystery-ak:
Pritzker to require 70% of elderly get vaccines before lifting more COVID-19 restrictions

By Cole Lauterbach | The Center Square 6 hrs ago

(The Center Square) – Before Illinois residents can return to what Gov. J.B. Pritzker calls a “new normal,” he says 7-in-10 residents 65 and older must get a COVID-19 vaccination.

Pritzker appeared in Chicago on Thursday to announce the requirements the state must meet before he will remove his restrictions on businesses and crowd capacities.

“It’s time to cautiously move toward normalcy,” he said. “It’s imperative that we do so in a way that maintains all the progress we’ve made to date.”

Notably, Pritzker said 70% of the state’s 65 and older residents must get vaccinated.

“I’m optimistic about reaching that milestone because, as of this morning, that number is 58%,” he said.

In a release, his office said 28 days of low viral spread and other metrics must follow that vaccination threshold before he would begin to “turn the dial” toward his final “Phase 5” mitigations.

“Once 70% of residents 65 and older have been vaccinated and barring any reversals in our COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths for a 28-day monitoring period, the Bridge to Phase 5 will begin with increased capacity limits in both indoor and outdoor settings,” the release said.

Final mitigations would be removed once half of all residents over 16 years of age receive at least one shot.

more
https://www.thecentersquare.com/illinois/pritzker-to-require-70-of-elderly-get-vaccines-before-lifting-more-covid-19-restrictions/article_95b4a670-8815-11eb-8711-973571d15dc7.html

PeteS in CA:

mountaineer:
That fatty is at higher risk than most of the over-65 set, I suspect.

Cyber Liberty:
That's an assurance the restrictions to liberty will never go away in IL.  A sizeable number of Seasoned Citizens cannot get the vaccines (by order of their Doctors) because the risk of side effects outweigh the perceived benefits.  These are the people Prickster will blame and stigmatize when he refuses to budge.

Idiot Democrats (I repeat myself):  "I can't go to the restaurant because these Neanderthals refuse to get vaccinated!  And I refuse to vaccinate my kiddos for childhood diseases!  Off with their heads!"

Sorry, @mystery-ak.   :crying:

mystery-ak:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on March 19, 2021, 04:41:19 pm ---That's an assurance the restrictions to liberty will never go away in IL.  A sizeable number of Seasoned Citizens cannot get the vaccines (by order of their Doctors) because the risk of side effects outweigh the perceived benefits.  These are the people Prickster will blame and stigmatize when he refuses to budge.

Idiot Democrats (I repeat myself):  "I can't go to the restaurant because these Neanderthals refuse to get vaccinated!  And I refuse to vaccinate my kiddos for childhood diseases!  Off with their heads!"

Sorry, @mystery-ak.   :crying:

--- End quote ---

Prickster will not rescind any of his orders until DC tells him to...there are *Prickster Sucks* signs all over central Il.... :silly:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version