Author Topic: Sen. Schumer to introduce H.R.1 on Senate floor, says ‘everything is on the table’  (Read 363 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
 If this passes, we are absolutely sunk! This and the filibuster will destroy us completely. 

Sen. Schumer to introduce H.R.1 on Senate floor, says ‘everything is on the table’

Democrat lawmakers introduced the H.R.1 bill to the Senate floor this week while preparing for the uphill battle the litigation faces. While speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said “everything is on the table” under the guise of expanding voting rights.

Critics have said H.R.1 would normalize illegal voting and fraud to elect candidates with universal mail-in ballots. The bill would not require people to show their identification in order to vote in elections. Nonetheless, Schumer claimed the bill would benefit the American people.

“We are standing up to the despicable, despicable acts of voter suppression in so many states,” stated the Democrat lawmaker. “We are committed to ending dark money that has corrupted our politics and government for too long.”...........

https://www.oann.com/sen-schumer-to-introduce-h-r-1-on-senate-floor-says-everything-is-on-the-table/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If this passes, we are absolutely sunk! This and the filibuster will destroy us completely. 

Sen. Schumer to introduce H.R.1 on Senate floor, says ‘everything is on the table’

Democrat lawmakers introduced the H.R.1 bill to the Senate floor this week while preparing for the uphill battle the litigation faces. While speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said “everything is on the table” under the guise of expanding voting rights.

Critics have said H.R.1 would normalize illegal voting and fraud to elect candidates with universal mail-in ballots. The bill would not require people to show their identification in order to vote in elections. Nonetheless, Schumer claimed the bill would benefit the American people.

“We are standing up to the despicable, despicable acts of voter suppression in so many states,” stated the Democrat lawmaker. “We are committed to ending dark money that has corrupted our politics and government for too long.”...........

https://www.oann.com/sen-schumer-to-introduce-h-r-1-on-senate-floor-says-everything-is-on-the-table/

We are sunk already @libertybele

The final nail in the coffin of the once-great republic of the United States of America was driven in by SCOTUS on December 11, 2020 and all that follows is just more window dressing.  That's how it goes in banana republics.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
We are sunk already @libertybele

The final nail in the coffin of the once-great republic of the United States of America was driven in by SCOTUS on December 11, 2020 and all that follows is just more window dressing.  That's how it goes in banana republics.

Yes, I agree.

I've used one of Dr. Paul's quotes several times, but I believe his quote is still worth noting:

"If freedom is what we want, it is ours for the taking.
Let the Revolution begin".

I still also reflect back on Cruz's speech...

...I want to ask each of you to imagine, imagine millions of courageous conservatives, all across America, rising up together to say in unison “we demand our liberty.”

We need a team of leaders, with minds like Paul and Cruz, to lead the way, but unfortunately, IMHO it may be too late.                           

I remember listening to one of Dr. Paul's speeches and he stated that we could not take back our country from the top down, we have to rebuild it from the bottom up.  That was years and years ago and he was absolutely 100% correct.  IMHO, again, it may be too late. (If only people had heeded his words).

It is difficult not to give up hope.                         
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Killer Clouds

HR 1 is unconstitutional.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
HR 1 is unconstitutional.

Unconstitutional has no meaning to the leftist marxists in charge.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bele warns (accurately):
"If this passes, we are absolutely sunk! This and the filibuster will destroy us completely."

The filibuster is soon going away, and anyone who cannot see this is blinder than Ray Charles.

Once it's gone, HR1 will be pushed through, along with gun control (first registration, than confiscation), perhaps "Medicare for all", reparations, amnesty, and finally a new "Civil Rights bill" that will take away the rights of whites, either subtly or not-so-subtly.

I see only two possibilities that could save the filibuster:
1. Since changing the rules of the Senate is a parliamentary procedure, I'm not certain if the vice president can break "a tie" in such a vote. If that's the case, doing so would require 51 votes OF SENATORS (v.p. not able to vote). If the Republicans hold firm, the filibuster could remain. Again, I'm not sure as to whether a tie vote "for a rules change" can be broken by the VP.
2. The death of the president, which would immediately elevate the vice president to the office of the presidency, thus removing her from her position as "president of the Senate". Once that seat was empty, so long as it REMAINS empty, the demo-communists have only 50 votes vis-a-vis the 50 Republican votes. Thus, the vote to eliminate the filibuster cannot pass.

If neither of those apply, the filibuster is soon to be history.
That's why you're seeing so much talk of it in "the media" right now.