Author Topic: Cumulus/Westwood One To Move Dan Bongino Into Rush Limbaugh Timeslot  (Read 3558 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://radioinsight.com/headlines/206141/cumulus-westwood-one-to-move-dan-bongino-into-rush-limbaugh-timeslot/

by Lance Venta
March 17, 2021

Cumulus Media and Westwood One has agreed to terms with conservative commentator Dan Bongino to host a daily three-hour show from 12-3pm eastern.

Bongino currently hosts a daily podcast for Westwood One that since March 2020 has been repurposed into a one-hour syndicated show on over 100 stations including 790 KABC Los Angeles and 560 KSFO San Francisco. The new show would air live in the timeslot currently held by Limbaugh on many if not all Cumulus owned Conservative Talk and News/Talk stations.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/206141/cumulus-westwood-one-to-move-dan-bongino-into-rush-limbaugh-timeslot/
https://www.outkick.com/dan-bongino-radio-rush/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

Re: Cumulus/Westwood One To Move Dan Bongino Into Rush Limbaugh Timeslot
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 11:13:22 pm »
Bongino?  He is one that I didn't even consider.  I know that he ran for political office, seems very conservative and has a column, but I haven't heard him as a radio personality.

I've been listening to the Limbaugh show since he passed with a different daily guide, "remembering Rush", and I think it serves a much needed purpose right now since the DEMS have taken over. I think it's way to soon after his passing to discontinue his radio show and ending his legacy. There's years and years of audio that can continued to be used.     

We'll see how Bongino does.  Has anyone else heard him on the airwaves??             
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 11:26:51 pm »
Bongino was a member of the Trump communications team, and all that entails, good and bad. He and Dan Scavino were the authors of a lot of Trump's more infamous tweets.

As the article notes, he's had a podcast for a while now. Being a guy who's never been comfortable with the Trump style that Bongino cultivated, I don't listen so I can't really give you an assessment myself.

As for Westwood One, they are one of the two big players in talk radio, the other being iHeart (iHeart has Beck and Hannity, and also did Limbaugh). Mark Levin is their star host; Chris Plante is also on their roster. They also syndicate Ben Shapiro and Michael Knowles (Knowles was a substitute for Limbaugh near the end), who like Bongino were podcasters before jumping to syndication. So while iHeart is going to continue with the Limbaugh reruns for a couple more months, Westwood One is going to have the clout to put Bongino's new show on a lot of Limbaugh's former affiliates; it is a sister company to Cumulus Media, which owns a large number of Limbaugh affiliates.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 12:18:41 am »
Rather hear Tucker Carlson
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 12:37:12 am »
Have really enjoyed Bongino's podcast. I think he'll do well in this timeslot.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 12:44:00 am »

me too..

No one can replace Rush....I can't believe Rush didn't have a plan in place on who would replace him behind the EIB microphone.
Everyday I tune in to see who the guest host is..if it's not Mark Steyn I turn it off.
I have also closed my account there to. :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 12:47:38 am »

I think Tucker for now needs to be right were he's at...aggravating the left as much as possible.   happy77                   

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 03:46:46 am »
Dan Bongino to take over Rush Limbaugh's radio time slot
'The Dan Bongino Show' will premiere on radio stations across the country May 24
Fox News, Mar 17, 2021

Cumulus Media's Westwood One announced on Wednesday that Dan Bongino will be launching a new radio show during the time slot left vacant by conservative talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh.

The program, "The Dan Bongino Show," will broadcast 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. ET in markets nationwide on May 24, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, and Washington, DC, according to a press release.

"The Dan Bongino Show will tackle the hot political issues, debunking both liberal and Republican establishment rhetoric," the press release described. "As a former Secret Service agent and NYPD officer, Bongino is uniquely positioned to provide commentary and analysis that directly questions the philosophical underpinnings of both the Left and Big Government Republicans."

Bongino, a Fox News contributor, said "I'm excited to embrace the immense power of radio to connect with my listeners live for three hours every day. This is an incredible privilege, and I pledge to honor the trailblazing work of those who came before me."

More:  https://www.foxnews.com/media/dan-bongino-rush-limbaugh-radio-time-slot

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 03:47:06 am »
 :thumbsup:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 01:49:11 pm »
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 02:31:51 pm »
:bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 02:52:36 pm »
Rush was my soul mate. Didn't really need to listen to his show (although I often did) because I knew what he was going to say before he said it. Bongino is another Shawn Hannity for me and I can barely stand to hear him speak. I'll try to listen but not going to guarantee how long that will last.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 02:54:33 pm »
March 18, 2021
Dan Bongino to take Rush Limbaugh’s time slot as radio syndication giants battle for his listeners
By Thomas Lifson

Of course, nobody can replace Rush, but Westwood One, a syndicator whose parent also owns many of the biggest stations that carried the late talk show giant, is making a bid to grab his audience by moving Dan Bongino’s talk show to Rush’s time slot (noon to 3 PM Eastern) and replacing Rush in many of the top ten markets where its parent Cumulus Media owns the stations on which Rush appeared.

Rush’s show, currently being guest-hosted, is syndicated by Premier Networks, a subsidiary of iHeartMedia, which owns more than 850 AM and FM radio stations across the nation. Thus, the two giants of radio station ownership and syndication are about to enter a titanic battle for the biggest radio audience in modern history.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/dan_bongino_to_take_rush_limbaughs_time_slot_as_radio_syndication_giants_battle_for_his_listeners_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 03:06:50 pm »
I really like Dan, but I don't think he can keep an audience for 3 hours a day.  I kind of get bored listening to his youtube channel for an hour.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2021, 03:21:56 pm »
In Pittsburgh, the station that carried Rush added Rose Tennent to the 12-3 slot. She used to be with Jim Quinn on local radio, currently has a show on another local station and has filled in for Hannity a few times.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 03:22:14 pm »
me too..

No one can replace Rush....I can't believe Rush didn't have a plan in place on who would replace him behind the EIB microphone.
Everyday I tune in to see who the guest host is..if it's not Mark Steyn I turn it off.
I have also closed my account there to. :shrug:

Some of the 'guides' are better than others, but it looks like they have selected Bongino to take his place.

That's some awfully big shoes to fill; no one will ever be able to replace Rush (obviously) and I don't think Bongino is even going to come close.

BassWrangler

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2021, 04:00:47 pm »
I really like Dan, but I don't think he can keep an audience for 3 hours a day.  I kind of get bored listening to his youtube channel for an hour.

I agree with that, but is he getting 3 hours, or just 1?

Offline Idiot

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2021, 04:02:11 pm »
Hopefully just one.  happy77

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2021, 04:14:59 pm »
Hopefully just one.  happy77

According to the article he's going to fill in the 12-3 spot.

So......I am hoping he'll have another personality along side him.  3 hours is a very long time.  Rush occasionally consulted with Snerdly, but for the most part did the show by himself.   

Hopefully they've done their homework and figure that Bongino can hold his own.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:16:47 pm by libertybele »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2021, 04:15:54 pm »
@mrpotatohead Just wondering....

Should we just call you "Potatohead" now?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2021, 05:32:49 pm »
@mrpotatohead Just wondering....

Should we just call you "Potatohead" now?
LOLOLOLOL....I probably just need to change it entirely.

Actually when I logged onto this site for the very first time and was picking a nickname, there was a "potato head" commercial on, so I went with it.  Thank goodness "preparation H" wasn't going across the screen...lol.

BassWrangler

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2021, 05:37:50 pm »
LOLOLOLOL....I probably just need to change it entirely.

Actually when I logged onto this site for the very first time and was picking a nickname, there was a "potato head" commercial on, so I went with it.  Thank goodness "preparation H" wasn't going across the screen...lol.

LOL, you should definitely change it to PreparationH

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2021, 05:59:14 pm »
Bongino is a straight shooter, but I doubt he has the ability to draw an audience like Limbaugh. But, who could?
Nevertheless, Rush understood that radio is also an entertainment medium something Paul Harvey understood very well too.
Both had great voices for radio another underrated aspect of the medium.
We'll see. I'd rather have edgy than comfortable. Steve Crowder would have made you laugh and think.
Again, nobody can replace Limbaugh, but hopefully Bongino can hold an audience. Like all mediums, talk radio can be anything but boring.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2021, 06:24:24 pm »
Bongino is a straight shooter, but I doubt he has the ability to draw an audience like Limbaugh. But, who could?
Nevertheless, Rush understood that radio is also an entertainment medium something Paul Harvey understood very well too.
Both had great voices for radio another underrated aspect of the medium.
We'll see. I'd rather have edgy than comfortable. Steve Crowder would have made you laugh and think.
Again, nobody can replace Limbaugh, but hopefully Bongino can hold an audience. Like all mediums, talk radio can be anything but boring.

I, too, would have preferred Crowder. Bongino? Meh.
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2021, 06:41:46 pm »
Three threads merged.