Author Topic: Amid Massive Surge, DHS Secretary Mayorkas Insists Southern Border 'Is Secure' and 'Not Open'  (Read 180 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Amid Massive Surge, DHS Secretary Mayorkas Insists Southern Border 'Is Secure' and 'Not Open'
Julio Rosas

Posted: Mar 17, 2021 12:10 PM

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas continued to insist there is not a crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border and it is "secure" during a House Homeland Security Committee hearing on Wednesday.

Ranking Member John Katko (R-NY) pressed Mayorkas that, based on the dramatic increase of illegal immigrants crossing the southern border, "wouldn’t it be fair to call it a crisis? Because that’s what your agents are calling it."

"I didn’t necessarily agree with all the statistics that you cited, first of all. Mr. Ranking Member, I’m not spending any time on the language we use. I’m spending time on operational response to the situation at the border," Mayorkas replied.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2021/03/17/amid-unprecedented-surge-dhs-secretary-mayorkas-insists-the-border-is-secure-and-not-open-n2586400
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34