Author Topic: If The U.S. Military Can’t Handle Criticism From A Pundit, They’ve Got Big Problems  (Read 190 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 If The U.S. Military Can’t Handle Criticism From A Pundit, They’ve Got Big Problems

The solution to women in the military and combat is simple: One standard for everyone based on mission requirements.

By Samantha Nerove
March 17, 2021

I was a young lieutenant in an airborne unit in August 1990 packed into a military transport on the way to a war that had no name yet but would later become Desert Storm. We were prepared to jump in if we had to. Eighteen years later, my last deployment was to Operation Iraqi Freedom. I came home from that on a medevac.

I overcame some major obstacles to being a woman and especially a paratrooper in the Army. My company commander in Desert Storm didn’t believe women should be in combat. He tried to stop me from deploying by removing me from the flight list and said in front of the unit there would be no women on his watch. The mostly male unit hooted and hollered their approval.

I took it up the chain of command. Ultimately, I won that battle and deployed with my platoon. He continued to make my life a living hell, but I drove on with my airborne mission.

I couldn’t just barely meet the standards, because that would have given them ammunition to use against me. I had to crush the standards. And I did. I could easily do 100 push-ups in two minutes; got maximum scores on land navigation tests and always sprinted the entire course; and aced 12-mile road marches carrying 55-pound rucksacks (10 pounds more than the requirement). I weighed 120 pounds.

Now I watch this absurd fight between the military and Tucker Carlson with amazement. Tucker made comments about pregnant women serving in combat that many veterans like myself found rude and demeaning saying: “So, we’ve got new hairstyles and maternity flight suits. Pregnant women are going to fight our wars. It’s a mockery of the U.S. military,”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/03/17/if-the-u-s-military-cant-handle-criticism-from-a-pundit-theyve-got-big-problems/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The author states:
"The solution to women in the military and combat is simple: One standard for everyone based on mission requirements."

Since for almost all females that "standard" is physically impossible to meet, the resolution to the problem is self-evident.

No civilized nation sends women into combat.
Any one that does, won't remain civilized for long.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The author states:
"The solution to women in the military and combat is simple: One standard for everyone based on mission requirements."

Since for almost all females that "standard" is physically impossible to meet, the resolution to the problem is self-evident.

No civilized nation sends women into combat.
Any one that does, won't remain civilized for long.
Okay I know some people will argue that Russia isn't civilized..............but. And then there is Israel

The history of female combat soldiers in the IDF can be dividend into three distinct eras:

1948: Women on full combat status during the War of Independence
1948-Late 1990's: No women allowed in combat roles
Late 1990's-Present: Majority of combat positions - including pilots and special forces - open to women

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/article/130125-women-combat-world-australia-israel-canada-norway

I want to know when these champions of women and alphabet soupers are going to finally require every individual, no matter which of the several dozens of sexes they clam to be, sign up with Selective Service System. I am willing to bet all sorts would crawl out of the woodwork to object and suddenly people would have a more traditional definition of their sex.