Author Topic: VIDEO: Los Angeles Opens First Tiny Homes Village to Combat Homelessness  (Read 404 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Amy Furr 13 Mar 2021

Los Angeles has opened its first tiny homes village in an effort to tackle homelessness, the Associated Press (AP) reported Wednesday.

In February, Amy Skinner got the keys to one of the 39 units on the one-acre plot located in a North Hollywood neighborhood and moved into the temporary space with her partner, John Golka, and their dog.

“Being able to lock the door and have a place to sleep is huge,” Skinner commented.

The Chandler Street village was created and funded by Los Angeles in response to the homelessness crisis.

“A 2020 tally found there were 66,400 homeless people in Los Angeles County — up more than 12% from the previous year,” the AP report continued:

More than 150,000 people are homeless statewide. Gov. Gavin Newsom said Tuesday during his State of the State address that he plans to commit $2 billion this year to create more housing for those without shelter, while simultaneously addressing mental health and substance abuse issues.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2021/03/13/video-los-angeles-opens-first-tiny-homes-village-to-combat-homelessness/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Those places will be trashed within 2-4 months, and unless it has 24x7 security, it will be a dump filled with junk sofas, mattresses, and other bum-trash within 3-6 months. I would be very surprised if the Land of LA isn't forced to bulldoze the "village" within 2 years.

I also suspect police complaints from that area for thefts and assaults will skyrocket.

I would love to be proven wrong.

As an aside, part of the neighborhood along Chandler Boulevard east of the 101 calls itself :silly: NoHo :silly: . I would have thought the Land of LA would have welcomed Kammie, ****drummer . :bolt:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.