Author Topic: New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees retires from NFL after 20 seasons  (Read 591 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31065863/new-orleans-saints-qb-drew-brees-retires-nfl-20-seasons

<snipit>

One of the most prolific careers in NFL history has come to an end, as New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees announced Sunday on Instagram he has decided to retire after 20 seasons.

=================================================================================
There are only two professional athletes that I can honestly call my favorite.  Nolan Ryan and Drew Brees.  Both exemplified drive, grit, and guts to put up legendary numbers with little fanfare or bravado along the way.  True professionals.  Also, I really enjoyed how he made the retirement announcement by letting his children take the mic.  One class act for sure.

In recent years, I have deep 6'ed football.  With Brees retiring, it just gives me another reason not to come back.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 01:08:03 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees retires from NFL after 20 seasons
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 04:37:09 pm »
Drew Brees is a perfect example of Kurt Shlichter's column today:  He took a stand against the National Anthem kneeling craze, then he caved and apologized for it, for which he won zero respect.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 04:41:22 pm »
Drew Brees is a perfect example of Kurt Shlichter's column today:  He took a stand against the National Anthem kneeling craze, then he caved and apologized for it, for which he won zero respect.

Yep.  Not his most sterling moment. Still he is a better guy than 90% of the thugs that infest that league.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 04:42:06 pm »

And that's all he'll be remembered for.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 04:51:18 pm »

Which is a crying shame, because he is talented.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 11:18:54 pm »
--------------------------------
Drew Brees will be in the Canton HOF, shortly, because of his ranking football skills
while the toddlers addicted to political horse manure will be instantly forgotten.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 11:27:44 pm »
--------------------------------
Drew Brees will be in the Canton HOF, shortly, because of his ranking football skills
while the toddlers addicted to political horse manure will be instantly forgotten.
Because who is best at moving a ball over a chalk line is so much more important than whether or not Americans retain the individual right of self determination.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2021, 03:30:27 am »
The myopia is strong in this thread.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2021, 03:53:54 am »
Brees' career was deemed to be over in 2005 by the San Diego Chargers.  The Saints got a steal.  The Chargers ended up with Phillip Rivers only because Eli Manning refused to play for them.

Brees - 571 TDs, 80,000 passing yds, 1 Super Bowl win
Rivers - 421 TDs, 63,000 passing yds, 0 Super Bowl wins
Manning - 366 TDs, 57,000 passing yds, 2 Super Bowl wins
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-