Author Topic: Breonna Taylor's boyfriend sues Louisville police over fatal raid  (Read 486 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Breonna Taylor's boyfriend sues Louisville police over fatal raid
By Joseph Choi - 03/14/21 05:43 PM EDT

Kenneth Walker, who was Breonna Taylor's boyfriend, filed a federal lawsuit against the Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD) and the officers involved in the execution of the no-knock warrant that resulted in Taylor's death, alleging his constitutional rights were violated during the raid.

CNN obtained a copy of Walker's lawsuit and reported that his attorneys allege officers violated his Fourth Amendment rights when they executed a search warrant last March.

They also allege that the warrant itself was based on fabricated assertions, that the raid was unnecessarily conducted at night, that the officers did not announce they were police and that the officers responded with excessive force.

The suit further accuses the officers of failing to coordinate with the Louisville Metro Police SWAT team, which reportedly typically handles no-knock search warrants. It criticizes the LMPD for regularly allowing officers to carry out search warrants at night, alleging that the execution of late-night search warrants "predictably leads to dangerous situations in which the targets of searches mistake police for intruders."

"We are seeking to ensure that there is justice and accountability for the tragic and unjustified police assault on Kenneth Walker and killing of Breonna Taylor in her home in the middle of the night," Georgetown University Law Center professor Cliff Sloan, who is one of the lawyers representing Walker, told CNN in a statement.

Police executed a search warrant on March 13, 2020, on the apartment Walker and Taylor shared while the couple was sleeping. Walker, thinking the officers were intruders, fired one shot at the front door and struck Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly in the leg. The returning gunfire from the police officers killed Taylor.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/543161-breonna-taylors-boyfriend-sues-louisville-police-over-fatal-raid
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Breonna Taylor's boyfriend sues Louisville police over fatal raid
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 12:04:38 am »
"First, you kill all the lawyers......"    â€• William Shakespeare, King Henry VI, Part 2
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mortarman

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 12:10:36 am »
Prolly thinks he can get more than $27M.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 12:47:54 am »
They never should have dropped the charges on this POS. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 01:56:10 pm »
Walker, thinking the officers were intruders, fired one shot at the front door and struck Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly in the leg. The returning gunfire from the police officers killed Taylor.
Although this has been called a "no-knock warrant" by the snooze media, didn't the police actually knock and identify themselves?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 02:07:25 pm »
"Let me see....the cops knock on my door announcing themselves. I take my gun out and shoot at them wounding one of the cops. I very possibly could have killed one of them. They fire back missing me but killing my drug-pusher enabling girl friend who is standing beside me.
I guess I'll sue them for a wrongful death."
Who says in this day and age he won't get a jury to agree with him so he can win the ghetto lottery like many other black thugs and their families have done?

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 02:26:46 pm »
I'm $ure Mr. Walker ha$ plenty of $uperior rea$on$ $upporting hi$ de$ire to $ubmit thi$ law$uit.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra