Author Topic: President Biden Backtracks on Oil and Gas Pledge, Rescinds Existing Drilling Permits  (Read 502 times)

rangerrebew

President Biden Backtracks on Oil and Gas Pledge, Rescinds Existing Drilling Permits
H. Sterling Burnett
March 11, 2021

The U.S. Department of Interior (DOI), now under the control of new President Joe Biden, has revoked 70 oil and gas drilling permits approved in the waning days of the Trump administration.

The permits were revoked because they had been approved by DOI professional staff rather than political appointees, said Melissa Schwartz, DOI’s newly appointed communications director.

“Approximately 70 permits were approved without proper review following the issuance of a department directive that temporarily elevates review of permitting activities,” Interior spokeswoman Melissa Schwartz said in an email. “Operators have been notified that those [applications] must be resubmitted for appropriate and timely review.”

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2021/03/president-biden-backtracks-on-oil-and-gas-pledge-rescinds-existing-drilling-permits/

Offline skeeter

It just gets worse.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
It just gets worse.

Just wait unitl this country becomes completely reliant on petrochemical derivative  imports due to feedstock manufacture shortages.

I'll give us 3-4 years before the collapse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not approved by political appointees? What happened to "follow the science"?

Ohhhh wait, that means the right palms didn't get greased before the permits were issued. That's cause for an immediate do-over. F'n crooks!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Just wait unitl this country becomes completely reliant on petrochemical derivative  imports due to feedstock manufacture shortages.

I'll give us 3-4 years before the collapse.
Why wait? Pull the plug!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why wait? Pull the plug!
On Captain Dementia?

Online Smokin Joe

On Captain Dementia?
On the whole bloody lot of them. Show them what a real shutdown looks like. Screw this 'death of a thousand cuts', take the knife and amputate.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"It just gets worse."

Citizen comrades, you need to understand.

Now that the Party is in control, it must be realized that EVERY government decision has political ramifications. Agencies of the government and those employees of such agencies may no longer be qualified to comply with nor understand such ramifications.

Thus, the need for all policy decisions to come under the review of designated political officers, to ensure that the goals and ideals of the Party are sufficiently promulgated.

Forward !

Online Smokin Joe

"It just gets worse."

Citizen comrades, you need to understand.

Now that the Party is in control, it must be realized that EVERY government decision has political ramifications. Agencies of the government and those employees of such agencies may no longer be qualified to comply with nor understand such ramifications.

Thus, the need for all policy decisions to come under the review of designated political officers, to ensure that the goals and ideals of the Party are sufficiently promulgated.

Forward !

Zampolits on parade...

C S Lewis

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The permits were revoked because they had been approved by DOI professional staff rather than political appointees, said Melissa Schwartz, DOI’s newly appointed communications director.

WTF
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

WTF
:silly:

Follow the SCIENCE!

C S Lewis