Author Topic: Far-Left City Of Evanston, IL Becomes First City In America To Give Reparations To Black Residents…B  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/mar/22/evanston-illinois-pay-reparations-blacks-first-us-/

Illinois city becomes first in U.S. to pay reparations to Blacks
By - Associated Press
Monday, March 22, 2021

EVANSTON, Ill. — Evanston, Illinois, on Monday became the first U.S. city to make reparations available to its Black residents for past discrimination and the lingering effects of slavery.

The Chicago suburb’s City Council voted 8-1 to distribute $400,000 to eligible black households. Each qualifying household would receive $25,000 for home repairs or down payments on property.

The program is being funded through donations and revenue from a 3% tax on the sale of recreational marijuana. The city has pledged to distribute $10 million over 10 years.

Qualifying residents must either have lived in or been a direct descendant of a Black person who lived in Evanston between 1919 to 1969 and who suffered discrimination in housing because of city ordinances, policies or practices.

More at URL above...

Offline Mod2

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
threads merged

@MOD 2.  You be doing a fine job here.  Keep up the good work.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Evanston, Illinois, is the first US city to distribute the money meant to help compensate for a lack of generational wealth and systemic racism.

So....what are the Irish in the town going to get, and the Asians?   Last time I checked, they too had ancestors that "suffered" from lack of generational wealth and systemic racism, and not only that, Evanston is now implementing systemic racism against all non-(b)lack residents of the city.

How does one combat systemic racism using systemic racism?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

That's not logical ... how can there be systemic racism in a city run by liberals?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
That's not logical ... how can there be systemic racism in a city run by liberals?

How can there not be?

The Rodents are the home of racism in the US and have always been.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DefiantMassRINO

You clearly don't understand how this works. The money they GIVE to de po black peepulls,is BORROWED money.

Guess whose relatives are lending the money with payments guaranteed by the state government.

They lend the money,get the guaranteed repayments rolling in,and then guess whose relatives get the contracts to do the home repairs?

If you then guessed that city employees are the inspectors that verify the repairs are done correctly and get the payments approved,you are starting to get it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 12:30:16 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

Black leaders warn it’s not enough. Evanston NAACP President Rev Michael Nabors says the $25,000 payout is a “drop in the bucket.”
And it will never be enough. No amount will be enough. And now that we have started down that slippery slope on the state level it won't be long before people ask when the Fed is going to step in and pony up some bucks.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline goatprairie

And it will never be enough. No amount will be enough. And now that we have started down that slippery slope on the state level it won't be long before people ask when the Fed is going to step in and pony up some bucks.
"Gimme!!! Gimme all you got. Is that all you got? I want more, and I don't want to have to work for it."
 13% of the population, already a trillion dollar drag on the national economy, wants more.  9999hair out0000