Author Topic: Maybe the pendulum is starting to swing on cancel culture  (Read 167 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maybe the pendulum is starting to swing on cancel culture
« on: March 13, 2021, 03:19:30 pm »
March 13, 2021
Maybe the pendulum is starting to swing on cancel culture
By Andrea Widburg

I've learned that, if I apply my natural cynicism and pessimism to anything that originated with leftists, I will almost invariably correctly predict the future.  Nevertheless, there's a small part of me that always hopes things will get better.  Perhaps that's why I'm reading a lot into three reports on Friday about people pushing back on cancel culture.

The first story involves Piers Morgan, the British commentator.  Morgan was unimpressed after listening to Meghan and Harry emote to Oprah.  Indeed, not only was he unsympathetic, but he was pretty sure that Meghan was lying about her travails, and he said so out loud.  When he said so during his gig on Good Morning Britain, he ended up storming off the set.  He then tweeted out more statements supporting his belief that Meghan and Harry were not being honest.

What happened next was cancel culture on steroids — 41,000 people complained to Good Morning Britain about his daring to challenge Meghan.  With that, ITV, the station running Good Morning Britain, terminated Morgan.  That termination may have had a little help from...Meghan herself.  The fabulously wealthy B-television actress and diva who feels free to badmouth the queen of England made a formal complaint to ITV because a TV presenter badmouthed her.

Morgan, to his credit, did not bow down to this cancel culture bullying:

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/maybe_the_pendulum_is_starting_to_swing_on_cancel_culture.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Maybe the pendulum is starting to swing on cancel culture
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 03:54:55 pm »
Not a fan of Morgan but I give him props for not cowering like a whiney little bitch like some celebs.  Case in point..Sharon ozborn.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 04:49:52 pm »
Well, no.  It's a tactic that's working for the Rodents, the Rodents have all the power and have successfully stolen the most important election world history, and no, the Rodents aren't going to give up either power or a tactic that's helping them turn more Americans into serfs.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 05:59:30 pm »
Not a fan of Morgan but I give him props for not cowering like a whiney little bitch like some celebs.  Case in point..Sharon ozborn.

YEP... And 220k people agree (that's a beautiful thing). I don't like him much either, but I defend his right to speak his mind.