Author Topic: Biden’s scary, boring, and bizarre address to the nation  (Read 271 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Thinker by Andrea Widburg 3/12/2021

On Thursday night, a masked Biden tottered down a long, empty hall to a podium. He then gave the most bizarre presidential address in American history. After a grim recital of “facts” about the last year, Biden emphasized multiple times that Americans had better take the vaccine – and be grateful to him for his amazing ability to get the vaccine to Americans. He also insisted that, vaccines or not, the government’s in control and can lock all of us up all over again.

Here, in no particular order, are the points that struck me:

1. Biden was more alert than he’s been in many months. Given how frail and confused Biden’s been lately, well, let’s just say his verve was suspicious. Even his eyes, which are usually tightly squinted as he struggles to stay alert and read his teleprompter, were wide open, almost scarily so. Still, he got visibly tired near the end, slurring his words and seeming lost.

2. The speech was both bizarre and boring. Despite the teleprompter, it wandered hither and yon, without ever touching clearly on a single point. It was a grim, depressing speech about a miserable year that probably won’t get better even with a vaccine because we must all remain scared and isolated.

3. Biden kept saying that he was going to tell the truth. He quoted a woman he allegedly met who told him her heart’s desire: “‘I just want the truth. The truth. Just tell me the truth.’”

“Tell the truth,” Biden said again.”

“My fellow Americans,” he said, you’re owed nothing less than the truth.”

Later, he added, “I will tell you the truth.”

And then he said, “In the coming weeks and months, I’ll be traveling along with the first lady” and a whole host of others, “to tell you the truth.”

Do you know who says things like that? Someone who’s lying.

More: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/03/bidens_scary_boring_and_bizarre_address_to_the_nation.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Biden’s scary, boring, and bizarre address to the nation
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 01:09:44 pm »
This is an essay worth reading .... thanks for posting @Elderberry

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 01:42:51 pm »
For later.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 01:57:41 pm »
Lyin' Biden.

Who knew?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 02:07:30 pm »
I didn't watch it, but understand he pretty much took all credit for the 'rona vaccine, as if none existed before Jan. 21.
Whatever.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 03:56:06 pm »
I didn't watch it, but understand he pretty much took all credit for the 'rona vaccine, as if none existed before Jan. 21.
Whatever.

I watched it, albeit through a jaded lens.  He is a zombie.  Literally, a half-wit.  Our enemies must be laughing while our allies, frightened.  Not good.
John Steinbeck

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 04:02:35 pm »
Lyin' Biden.

Who knew?

I have never felt such a sense of foreboding as I did watching Ol' Lunchbox Joe shuffle off after that sh*tpile of a speech.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 04:06:37 pm »
I have never felt such a sense of foreboding as I did watching Ol' Lunchbox Joe shuffle off after that sh*tpile of a speech.

Same here.  A deep, deep foreboding.
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 04:56:40 pm »
I watched it, albeit through a jaded lens.  He is a zombie.  Literally, a half-wit.  Our enemies must be laughing while our allies, frightened.  Not good.
China already knows they have us whupped.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 06:56:25 pm »
Give the Usurper six more months and he'll look like a genius on this speech.  They'll be citing it as something wonderful.

Will he be pillowed before they can enact the 25th Amendment?  Would make things much easier for them.  They'll even blame the Americans for the crime, of course.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.