Author Topic: Dianne Feinstein Introduces Ban on 205 Different ‘Assault Weapons’  (Read 2482 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dianne Feinstein Introduces Ban on 205 Different ‘Assault Weapons’

AWR Hawkins 12 Mar 2021

Following Thursday’s House passage of a Democrat gun control bill, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) introduced a ban on 205 “assault weapons.”

The legislation, called the “Assault Weapons Ban of 2021,” is co-sponsored by 34 Senate Democrats. It would also ban ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds.

Feinstein’s ban would allow current owners of “assault weapons” to retain possession of them, but if the gun is transferred, a person must undergo an FBI background check before receiving the firearm.

Her “Assault Weapons Ban” also bans bump stocks, which have been illegal since March 26, 2019.

Feinstein announced her ban stating:

It’s been 17 years since the original Assault Weapons Ban expired, and the plague of gun violence continues to grow in this country. To be clear, this bill saves lives. When it was in place from 1994-2004, gun massacres declined by 37 percent compared with the decade before. After the ban expired, the number of massacres rose by 183 percent.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/12/dianne-feinstein-introduces-ban-on-205-different-assault-weapons/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
So I take it if we're now banning assault weapons...knives...bricks and baseball bats will become illegal too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So I take it if we're now banning assault weapons...knives...bricks and baseball bats will become illegal too.

Don't forget bicycle helmets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39

And bicycles for that matter.

They've made the ban such a gray area it allows them to add anything they want to add as they see fit.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And bicycles for that matter.

They've made the ban such a gray area it allows them to add anything they want to add as they see fit.

"Hand in your bicycles, Mr. and Mrs. Americans!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

"Hand in your bicycles, Mr. and Mrs. Americans!"

Just in the nick of time, Uncle Nanny is fixin to throw me 1400 bucks...
I have been thinking I will use that dough to join the ranks of AR owners...

They got em at the ranch store for around $750... A feller can certainly find decent optics out of what's left.

The dilemma comes... do I want to set it up for varmints (a .243) or go the whole way?  :pondering:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

They got em at the ranch store for around $750... A feller can certainly find decent optics out of what's left.

The dilemma comes... do I want to set it up for varmints (a .243) or go the whole way?  :pondering:

5.56 has a nice ring to it....
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

You can pick up a Vortex 1x6 Strike Eagle with what you have leftover.

Online roamer_1

5.56 has a nice ring to it....

Yeah. Prolly.

A bit heavy for a coyote gun... A little, fast round, no bounce, double tap multiple targets before they are wise... A semi-auto is nice for that.

5.56 is gonna bounce a bit. But I can make it work.

Ain't decided yet... I have to find someone to pack the paper.

And I may just spend it on my overlanding rig. I intend to have that outfitted by late spring.

Online roamer_1

I am partial to a Shepherd P1, which has been on my favorite elk rig for some time now. Though all my big iron tends toward Leupold. And likely Leupold if I am honest. A Pacific NW company...  It ain't beyond normal capabilities to get in the truck and go poke my finger in somebody's chest if necessary. I like that. Not that I will ever have a worry from Leupold.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39

Depends on they type and size of varmints you want to stop.  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

Depends on they type and size of varmints you want to stop.  :whistle:

That kinda depends on likelihood and frequency... The only thing I REALLY need a semi-auto for is coyote. You get what you get on a call, and when you turn it on, you better be shooting fast, because you'll only get the one chance.

Same on a lay, though you can take your time a bit deciding the 'when'... Once you have 'when', it's all about right now. They won't be back.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Only 205?

I suppose forks will be 206, on the slate for next year?

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

Why in the world would anyone need an assault weapon anyways?   :whistle: I think maybe she's being a tad paranoid. :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

And Skate boards
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

If you go with the .223 Wylde you can also use 5.56 as well.
Optics planet sells a real nice Vortex Vortex 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical FFP Riflescope, 30mm Tube, EBR-2C MOA Reticle, Black, DBK-10028 it is going for $399 right now, but they sometimes have really good sales, or so I have heard.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

I suggested the 6-24, but either way is good. GMTA

Offline verga

I don't know of anyone that owns an "Assault Weapon". anyone I know that owns a fire arm uses it for defensive purposes or hunting. Hey ,maybe this is just aimed at the criminals. 

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

I don't know of any AR-15s that handle the .243Win. There is the 6mm ARC. I didn't know about it when I picked up my first AR-15 so I went with the 6.5 Grendel.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I don't know of anyone that owns an "Assault Weapon". anyone I know that owns a fire arm uses it for defensive purposes or hunting. Hey ,maybe this is just aimed at the criminals.

I don't know of anyone either. To me an "Assault Weapon" is a "Select Fire Weapon" that is smaller than a "Main Battle Rifle" Myself, my sons, and several of my fellow hunters own "Main Battle Rifles" that are used for hunting.

One of my shipmates owned a MAC-10 submachinegun. I wouldn't consider it an "Assault Weapon" as it wasn't select fire. His brother, a Dade Co. policeman carried a silenced MAC-11 submachinegun in a shoulder holster as his "Concealed Carry Weapon".

Offline thackney

I don't know of any AR-15s that handle the .243Win. There is the 6mm ARC. I didn't know about it when I picked up my first AR-15 so I went with the 6.5 Grendel.

243 more likely in an AR10 package

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

Huh? How do you mean? Because IIRC, They were offering two sizes at the counter... One was a critter-gitter caliber, like .223 or .243 - A suitable coyote round - And the other the 556... SO why 2 different rifles if you can do both?

Optics planet sells a real nice Vortex Vortex 6-24x50 Diamondback Tactical FFP Riflescope, 30mm Tube, EBR-2C MOA Reticle, Black, DBK-10028 it is going for $399 right now, but they sometimes have really good sales, or so I have heard.

Like I said, I am a little scared of short-range optics. I probably ought to go that way, as my eyes ain't so good no more... But I grew up hating on short optics - Nothing worse to me than hauling up the rifle and seeing nothing but hair. It is REAL brushy leaning to mixed brush in the woods here, so a brush gun, it's hard telling where you see something - from 30 yards on out to 150...So optics on a brush gun are not very useful.

But I am already rigged in big iron - Venison and elk up close are gonna be a lever gun, and mostly everything else is going to be a reach-out-and-touch-someone gun. And that's all high caliber and long optics (250+) So I am covered pretty well... so the thing I seem to want to justify is a short to midrange lay and wait rifle, for coyote and such, because in that rare instance, you get to pick your range.

I dunno... I wasn't paying much attention when I went through... 556 I am pretty sure of, but the other was one of them quick little waspy rounds... Registered on me as a coyote round and nothing more... So .223 if not .243... Beats me.

That fast, small caliber stuff ain't good for much else around here, except maybe deer in a grain field... For which I have other toys.

Offline thackney

Quote from: verga on Today at 09:45:33 AM
Huh? How do you mean? Because IIRC, They were offering two sizes at the counter... One was a critter-gitter caliber, like .223 or .243 - A suitable coyote round - And the other the 556... SO why 2 different rifles if you can do both?

.223 Wylde chamber
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.223_Wylde_chamber

A .223 Wylde chamber is a hybrid rifle chamber designed to allow .22 caliber barrels to safely fire both .223 Remington and 5.56×45mm NATO ammunition. While the cartridge dimensions of both rounds are the same, 5.56 NATO loads produce pressures in excess of the .223 safe spec. The 5.56 chamber has angular differences that allow higher pressures safely. .223 can be fired from a 5.56 chamber safely but with reduced accuracy. The Wylde is a hybrid chamber designed to allow both ammunition types to be safely fired with good accuracy.

Offline thackney

AR have so many choices now.  Mine is a 7.62×39mm.

I wanted cheap ammo for a hog gun at 50~100 yd.