Author Topic: How safe are the COVID vaccines?  (Read 11794 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: How safe are the COVID vaccines?
« Reply #250 on: May 02, 2021, 12:22:09 am »

So if you asked me which I trust more, Big Parma or Big Government, I would be unable to adequately answer. Except perhaps, to spit on the ground.
The problem with that is that with as little as I trust either one of those entities, I trust supplement-hawking "naturopath" hucksters even less—and far too many of that type have latched onto anti-vaxxer concerns (whipping them up into outright paranoia) to hawk their cheap placebos.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #251 on: May 02, 2021, 12:27:45 am »
The problem with that is that with as little as I trust either one of those entities, I trust supplement-hawking "naturopath" hucksters even less—and far too many of that type have latched onto anti-vaxxer concerns (whipping them up into outright paranoia) to hawk their cheap placebos.

IMHO there is something to be said for natural remedies and herbal medicines.  I'm not condoning those that are snake oil salesmen and offer a remedy and cure all for the rona virus or other ailments.

I take several herbals and over the years they have helped immensely with pain and inflammation and I for a very long time was able to do without prescription meds.  Once the docs prescribe one med, it becomes a viscous circle of taking meds to counteract side effects of another med. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #252 on: May 02, 2021, 12:35:08 am »

IMHO there is something to be said for natural remedies and herbal medicines.  I'm not condoning those that are snake oil salesmen and offer a remedy and cure all for the rona virus or other ailments.

I take several herbals and over the years they have helped immensely with pain and inflammation and I for a very long time was able to do without prescription meds.  Once the docs prescribe one med, it becomes a viscous circle of taking meds to counteract side effects of another med.

I will absolutely concur. I have regained far more health from herbal treatment than I ever did from western medicine, and that really, for pennies on the dollar.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #253 on: May 02, 2021, 12:46:08 am »
I will absolutely concur. I have regained far more health from herbal treatment than I ever did from western medicine, and that really, for pennies on the dollar.

I was absolutely symptom free for almost 10 years on herbals.  I went to the heart doc and he put me on a medication and within 3 weeks I was much much worse off then before with several additional symptoms that have not resolved even after stopping the prescription medication.

I wished that I had never taken the medication...now I'm on even more meds, physical therapy, several procedures and maybe even surgery. 

The docs all say that everything can't be because of that med.  I say, b.s.!  I was fine before I took it. It wreaked havoc on my body.

Western meds don't agree with me. My body has aged 15 years on that crap  with no end in sight!!! 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #254 on: May 02, 2021, 01:22:47 am »
I was absolutely symptom free for almost 10 years on herbals.  I went to the heart doc and he put me on a medication and within 3 weeks I was much much worse off then before with several additional symptoms that have not resolved even after stopping the prescription medication.

I wished that I had never taken the medication...now I'm on even more meds, physical therapy, several procedures and maybe even surgery. 

The docs all say that everything can't be because of that med.  I say, b.s.!  I was fine before I took it. It wreaked havoc on my body.

Western meds don't agree with me. My body has aged 15 years on that crap  with no end in sight!!!

What was the medication?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #255 on: May 02, 2021, 01:29:19 am »
Unfortunately though, the J&J vaccine has reportedly the most problems.

'Reported' by people who are pushing the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #256 on: May 02, 2021, 01:36:59 am »

Yep, it is much better to trust the $500 billion industry that wrote most of the Obamacare bill.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2021, 04:57:28 am »
All I can say at this point is do your due diligence, weigh your options and risks with your situation in mind, and make up your own mind.

We've hashed and rehashed the politics, economics, and medical aspects of this to the point of  11513, and I doubt we are, at this point going to change any minds already made up on this matter.

Everyone has their own reasons for choosing what course they will. I have relatives who have taken the vaccine, some have not. I knew people who died who had significant comorbidities and it was credited to COVID. In my case, those comorbidities are not present, and with my risk profile, I am not getting the shot. YMMV, and that is what freedom is about.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #258 on: May 02, 2021, 02:47:23 pm »
All I can say at this point is do your due diligence, weigh your options and risks with your situation in mind, and make up your own mind.

We've hashed and rehashed the politics, economics, and medical aspects of this to the point of  11513, and I doubt we are, at this point going to change any minds already made up on this matter.

Everyone has their own reasons for choosing what course they will. I have relatives who have taken the vaccine, some have not. I knew people who died who had significant comorbidities and it was credited to COVID. In my case, those comorbidities are not present, and with my risk profile, I am not getting the shot. YMMV, and that is what freedom is about.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #259 on: May 02, 2021, 08:05:41 pm »
From my friend;
------------------------------
The evidence is mounting that this so-called vaccine, which really isn't a vaccine, actually causes the body to manufacture a new virus....because there are a growing number of cases where people are getting sick around recently vaccinated people.

It seems to affect women in particular with regards to the menstrual cycle and reproductive system. So....the evidence suggests that vaccinated people are "shedding" a new virus, infecting others. They become Typhoid Mary's of sorts....So yes, if you get vaccinated, please continue to wear the mask of obedience the rest of your life to protect us from you.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #260 on: May 02, 2021, 09:51:35 pm »
From my friend;
------------------------------
The evidence is mounting that this so-called vaccine 1, which really isn't a vaccine 2, actually causes the body to manufacture a new virus 3....because there are a growing number of cases where people are getting sick around recently vaccinated people.

It seems to affect women in particular with regards to the menstrual cycle and reproductive system 4. So....the evidence suggests that vaccinated people are "shedding" a new virus 5, infecting others. They become Typhoid Mary's of sorts 6....So yes, if you get vaccinated, please continue to wear the mask of obedience the rest of your life to protect us from you. 7

1 There are three vaccines in use in the US. Which one is this friend referring to? Or is the friend so ignorant as to think only one is in use in the US?

2 As described here, https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,431293.msg2422592.html#msg2422592 , all three of the vaccines produce antibodies that cause SARS-CoV-2 viruses to die without being able to penetrate cells and reproduce. Maybe your friend thinks that makes the three vaccines ham sandwiches, but their actions show they are vaccines.

3 No, none of the vaccines cause recipients' bodies to manufacture viruses of any kind. What the vaccines cause recipients' cell to produce is described in this post,  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,431293.msg2422592.html#msg2422592 . Your friend is flat out incorrect.

4 That's ridiculous. Not only do any of the vaccines cause infertility in women, they also do not make men gay, as an Iranian imam has claimed. The two claims are equally laughable, :silly: .

5 As pointed out above, the three vaccines in use in the US do not cause recipients' bodies to produce any kind of virus. So they have no viruses to shed.

6 Your friend spreading all these falsehoods is more of a Typhoid Mary than any vaccine recipient, :silly: .

7 :tongue2:  :silly: No. :silly:  :tongue2:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #261 on: May 02, 2021, 11:20:37 pm »
You're tilting at windmills, Pete. She probably has you on 'ignore' like she does anyone who calls her out... including me. Though perhaps the guests on this forum being able to see such content thoroughly refuted is something I'd hope those guests would appreciate.

I guess after the 2016 primaries I shouldn't be surprised at how easily certain people (and I'm not specifically calling out any individuals because there are many) can be led astray by nonsense so long as they want to believe it, but here I am, astounded. I am very thankful for some of the saner members of this board and the truce that most members seem to be willing to accept on this issue.

As for the vaccine/virus thing... only one of the three vaccines even uses a virus, and that's the Johnson and Johnson one, which uses a GMO adenovirus engineered to have a COVID spike protein. As far as I've been able to deduce, that adenovirus is crippled so it cannot replicate. The mRNA vaccines don't even use a virus at all, let alone create them. That's not even how viruses work. All of the vaccines are structured as to condition the immune system to recognize SARS-CoV2 and attack it before the virus replicates and/or causes damage.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2021, 11:26:08 pm »
Anyway... day one after the vaccine:

Last night, I felt fine, other than the sore tricep. In the middle of the night I woke up with chills and dry mouth. (I don't mind being up that hour on early Sunday because WSM in Nashville has some good music programs on in the middle of the night.) For most of today, I've dealt with some body aches, slight congestion and fatigue. Red Bull and Advil have kept me functioning, though I did take a long nap and a nice hot bath to loosen the muscles. I was able to do my church duties as usual. I thought, "so this must be what the flu feels like." (I have never had the flu in my lifetime. I suspect I'm immune.)

They say most of these side effects go down after a day or so, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Offline DB

« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2021, 11:29:52 pm »
Anyone remember thalidomide?

Offline rustynail

« Reply #264 on: May 02, 2021, 11:33:18 pm »
That one has me stumped.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #265 on: May 02, 2021, 11:38:58 pm »

What is thalidomide?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiWgJCUmKzwAhVBMn0KHd_eA6QQFjAJegQIAxAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fthalidomide.ca%2Fen%2Fwhat-is-thalidomide%2F&usg=AOvVaw1l-edYOqquwJxbcho-BYb7

Everyone was told that this drug represented no risk at all for pregnant women.

“What the public did not know is that Grünenthal had no reliable evidence to back up its claims that the drug was safe. They also ignored the increasing number of reports coming in about harmful side-effects as the drug was being used. In fact, starting in 1959 Grünenthal was flooded with complaints from doctors about mild to severe and sometimes permanent nerve damage, especially by elderly people who had used the drug as a sleeping aid.
[…]

The company was equally dismissive of concerns related to deformed babies. The drug was widely promoted as an anti-nausea drug for pregnant women experiencing morning sickness. When the company was confronted with reports on malformed babies and suggestions that the malformations could be possibly linked to Thalidomide, they didn’t react. Instead of taking all those reports seriously Grünenthal responded with measures to keep the drug on the market.”

Adding link.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 11:53:32 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

« Reply #266 on: May 02, 2021, 11:45:36 pm »
Thank you bigheadfred.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #267 on: May 03, 2021, 12:00:08 am »

Yes I do. It was a drug back in the 50's that was detrimental to pregnant women.   However, I don't remember what it was used for. I do remember my mother bringing it up and stating that she did not take it.

Offline libertybele

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #269 on: May 03, 2021, 12:54:42 am »
Ok.  Thanks for info.  Plain old coke syrup works for nausea. We even gave it to my Dad when he was going through chemo.
My late uncle was a pharmacist who heartily recommended coke syrup over anything more "medicinal" for upset stomach.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2021, 01:12:40 am »
Ok.  Thanks for info.  Plain old coke syrup works for nausea. We even gave it to my Dad when he was going through chemo.
I remember having had coke syrup prescribed for me as a child when I was very ill.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2021, 01:14:58 am »
Ok.  Thanks for info.  Plain old coke syrup works for nausea.

I probably use charcoal more than anything.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2021, 03:22:34 am »
I probably use charcoal more than anything.

Charcoal is excellent. It saved my life, when an infant in Europe and dying from bloody dissestarry.  Nothing helped me, till doctor tried charcoal.  Works for gas pain.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2021, 11:30:01 am »
Day two:

Got a good night's sleep last night, most of the side effects from yesterday are gone.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2021, 01:46:10 pm »
Wait till the second dose...lol.