Author Topic: How safe are the COVID vaccines?  (Read 11723 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: How safe are the COVID vaccines?
« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2021, 09:46:38 am »
It seems most everyone has chosen their poison: 

Say "no" to a vaccine and risk contracting a serious case of Covid-19 and not coming off a ventilator in ICU.

Say "yes" to a vaccine, and wait for unknown life altering side effects to kick in.

Now live with it and stop pushing strangers to tell you how smart you are.

Offline thackney

« Reply #226 on: May 01, 2021, 01:49:57 pm »
I have no desire to be a guinea pig. But by all means, you all get jabbed. It is your patriotic duty. Wear your mask too.

What bothers me is that the vaccines are being offered as a gigantic drug trial, a fact people tend to forget or ignore. They've each been approved by the FDA on an Emergency Use Authorization . Nobody knows if, or what, the long-term effects will be until there's been time to study them.

The same is true for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.  But the initial results are not looking good.

Long-term Health Consequences of COVID-19
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2771581

Long-Term Respiratory and Neurological Sequelae of COVID-19
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7643287/

....Although the upper and lower respiratory tracts are the main sites of entry of SARS-CoV-2 into the body, resulting in COVID-19 pneumonia as the most common presentation, acute lung damage may be followed by pulmonary fibrosis and chronic impairment of lung function, with impaired quality of life. Also, increasing reports have shown that SARS-CoV-2 infection involves the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and directly or indirectly damages neurons, leading to long-term neurological sequelae....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #227 on: May 01, 2021, 01:54:05 pm »
Regardless of how safe or unsafe they are, I will not be taking any of them.  You are all free to do as you please but the logic of getting vaccinated against something with a 99+% recovery rate escapes me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #228 on: May 01, 2021, 02:01:57 pm »
Regardless of how safe or unsafe they are, I will not be taking any of them.  You are all free to do as you please but the logic of getting vaccinated against something with a 99+% recovery rate escapes me.

Same reason I get the Tetanus, Flu, Shingles, etc shots.  Death is not the only bad outcome.  And I am in a higher risk category than 1%.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #229 on: May 01, 2021, 02:10:32 pm »
Same reason I get the Tetanus, Flu, Shingles, etc shots.  Death is not the only bad outcome.  And I am in a higher risk category than 1%.

And you obviously have much more trust in the PTB than I do and that is fine! Suit yourself.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #230 on: May 01, 2021, 02:44:48 pm »

And there is the penultimate truth... everything  stacked  above that line has to be bullcrap.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #231 on: May 01, 2021, 03:36:27 pm »
And there is the penultimate truth... everything  stacked  above that line has to be bullcrap.

Tell that to our neighbor and my son's band director who had a horrific death at age 53 from COVID-19 a year ago. You'd know bullcrap alright.

Getting the vaccine is a personal choice based on indiviudal risk.  Anti vaxxers who are scaring folks, or are telling them they'll be safe without them are being terribly irresponsible.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 03:38:11 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #232 on: May 01, 2021, 04:01:58 pm »
The same is true for the SARS-CoV-2 virus.  But the initial results are not looking good.

....Although the upper and lower respiratory tracts are the main sites of entry of SARS-CoV-2 into the body, resulting in COVID-19 pneumonia as the most common presentation, acute lung damage may be followed by pulmonary fibrosis and chronic impairment of lung function, with impaired quality of life. Also, increasing reports have shown that SARS-CoV-2 infection involves the central nervous system (CNS) and the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and directly or indirectly damages neurons, leading to long-term neurological sequelae....
Which is why early treatment was and remains important, but those protocols were attacked the moment Trump mentioned Hydroxychloroquine.
An ionophore, zinc, and an antibiotic were included in the regimen with the result that the virus could not replicate to develop severe symptoms and physical damage to the lungs or elsewhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #233 on: May 01, 2021, 06:01:24 pm »
Tell that to our neighbor and my son's band director who had a horrific death at age 53 from COVID-19 a year ago. You'd know bullcrap alright.

Getting the vaccine is a personal choice based on indiviudal risk.  Anti vaxxers who are scaring folks, or are telling them they'll be safe without them are being terribly irresponsible.

Sorry for your losses, but they are in fact anecdotal. It does not change the reality. And I say that knowing folks who have suffered too.

Who is scaring folks is the government, who have been inciting panic above the fold and in bold script for over a year.

It is not unreasonable or irresponsible to point out that no vaccine is needed for a threat that has a death rate of what, .026? And even that is with jacked up data. 

Certainly no cause for suspending normal testing and rushing to market, with what will likely be consequences. Certainly no cause for lockdowns and masks.

It is all bullcrap. ALL of it. And you are right - It IS your personal choice to believe it. But that don't shut me up.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #234 on: May 01, 2021, 06:37:24 pm »
Sorry for your losses, but they are in fact anecdotal. It does not change the reality. And I say that knowing folks who have suffered too.

Who is scaring folks is the government, who have been inciting panic above the fold and in bold script for over a year.

It is not unreasonable or irresponsible to point out that no vaccine is needed for a threat that has a death rate of what, .026? And even that is with jacked up data. 

Certainly no cause for suspending normal testing and rushing to market, with what will likely be consequences. Certainly no cause for lockdowns and masks.

It is all bullcrap. ALL of it. And you are right - It IS your personal choice to believe it. But that don't shut me up.

@roamer_1

QFT!!   :beer:

Lost my big sister (18 months) to Covid or pneumonia early this year.  But, she was on a 3X per week kidney dialysis machine and insulin dependent among other problems. 

They told her a ventilator might be too much for her.  ...so she decline getting one.    Died 24 hours later.

I got the vaccine because of my age...since mine is the highest death rate  LOL! 

May as well go Jason Strahan are their spikey asses.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 06:38:36 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2021, 07:28:28 pm »
And you obviously have much more trust in the PTB than I do and that is fine! Suit yourself.

Pulmonary Tuberculosis?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #236 on: May 01, 2021, 07:32:04 pm »
Pulmonary Tuberculosis?

Powers that be.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #237 on: May 01, 2021, 07:44:35 pm »
Got the J+J one-shot today. So far some muscle soreness at the injection site, but otherwise I feel fine.

I'm only doing this so that I don't have to deal with the legal nonsense.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline thackney

« Reply #238 on: May 01, 2021, 07:47:53 pm »

I don't trust government for crap.  But these were not developed by the government, they were developed by the medical community.  The Government's role in the Covid Vaccine is mostly funding and time frame regulations.

Online DB

« Reply #239 on: May 01, 2021, 07:57:29 pm »
I don't trust government for crap.  But these were not developed by the government, they were developed by the medical community.  The Government's role in the Covid Vaccine is mostly funding and time frame regulations.

The bypassing of long term safety studies was all on government.

Online libertybele

« Reply #240 on: May 01, 2021, 08:12:53 pm »

My hunch is that those who received the vaccine will eventually suffer from some of the symptoms mentioned above.

I do NOT trust this vaccine; why should we?   We're trusting a vaccine for a virus that was inflicted upon us by members affiliated or are part of our own gov't. to destroy our economy and to unseat a President. The FDA, Departments of Health, WHO, CDC, Fauci -- they all have their fingers in this one way or another.  No thanks.  Secondly, I don 't trust their stats on the vaccines nor their recommendations on COVID.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #241 on: May 01, 2021, 08:20:31 pm »
My hunch is that those who received the vaccine will eventually suffer from some of the symptoms mentioned above.

I do NOT trust this vaccine; why should we?   We're trusting a vaccine for a virus that was inflicted upon us by members affiliated or are part of our own gov't. to destroy our economy and to unseat a President. The FDA, Departments of Health, WHO, CDC, Fauci -- they all have their fingers in this one way or another.  No thanks.  Secondly, I don 't trust their stats on the vaccines nor their recommendations on COVID.

:thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #242 on: May 01, 2021, 08:24:48 pm »
I can't tell if my posts are being deleted or on another thread. I think all of my posts are relevant, but some mod does not think so.  Go figure.  How many covid threads are there? 
-----------------------------
CULTURE   PUBLISHED: 5:12 PM 30 APR 2021

Yale Epidemiologist: 60% Of New COVID Cases Are In People Already Vaccinated
People who don’t understand that the vaccine makes you more susceptible to COVID (and the most deadly version), obviously believe the media propaganda and don’t read what they sign.
 by April Matthews

https://conservativedailypost.com/yale-epidemiologist-60-of-new-covid-cases-are-in-people-already-vaccinated/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2021, 08:53:41 pm »

The CDC has consistently lied to us again and again and again over the last 17 months, and they continue to do so today.  So no, they haven't earned my trust, especially in regard to an experimental vaccine that actually prevents my body from developing antibodies that will kill it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2021, 09:02:49 pm »
The CDC has consistently lied to us again and again and again over the last 17 months, and they continue to do so today.  So no, they haven't earned my trust, especially in regard to an experimental vaccine that actually prevents my body from developing antibodies that will kill it.

I thought that the J&J vaccine was one that was supposed to produce antibodies?

At any rate, yet another reason not to get the vaccine.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2021, 10:09:01 pm »
I thought that the J&J vaccine was one that was supposed to produce antibodies?

By "experimental", I was referring to the ones that attack the protein spikes while leaving the virus intact.  J&J is not one of those.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #246 on: May 01, 2021, 10:13:34 pm »
By "experimental", I was referring to the ones that attack the protein spikes while leaving the virus intact.  J&J is not one of those.

Unfortunately though, the J&J vaccine has reportedly the most problems.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #247 on: May 01, 2021, 10:25:02 pm »

So if you asked me which I trust more, Big Parma or Big Government, I would be unable to adequately answer. Except perhaps, to spit on the ground.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #248 on: May 01, 2021, 10:32:02 pm »
@roamer_1

QFT!!   :beer:

Lost my big sister (18 months) to Covid or pneumonia early this year.  But, she was on a 3X per week kidney dialysis machine and insulin dependent among other problems. 

They told her a ventilator might be too much for her.  ...so she decline getting one.    Died 24 hours later.

I got the vaccine because of my age...since mine is the highest death rate  LOL! 

May as well go Jason Strahan are their spikey asses.

I am sorry for your grief. Even if she was kickin it before the fact, or in some risk, I can see where folks would call it the way they do. My own sis is to young for it to be in her way, except that she is heavily compromised in her lungs... Of us all, I worry most for her.

But she won't be taking vax either. And if it is her death, I doubt it would change my mind on the bigger picture.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #249 on: May 01, 2021, 11:42:21 pm »
The mRNA vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer) cause recipients' immune systems to produce antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 virus' spike protein.

The Viral Vector vaccines (J&J and AstraZeneca) cause recipients' immune systems to produce antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 virus' spike protein.

The Novavx's protein sub-unit vaccine causes recipients' immune systems to produce antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 virus' spike protein.

Neither AstraZeneca's nor Novavax's vaccines are approved for use in the US, nor have either company applied for Emergency Use Authorization.

Why do all target the SARS-CoV-2 virus' spike protein? because it is fairly stable, and with the spike made useless by the antibodies, the SARS-CoV-2 virus cannot enter into cells and thus cannot reproduce. The virus dies without reproducing.

The two inactivated virus vaccines in use in other countries that I'm aware of are produced by Sinovac and Sinopharm, Chinese countries. Chile has been one of Sinovac's (IIRC, maybe both) major customers, and experienced a major surge in cases in March and April, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/chile/ . The surge appears to have peaked. Those two vaccines appear to not work well against what is currently in circulation. Maybe they are too specific to the virus strain on which the vaccines are based. Or maybe the quality control is lacking. That issue aside, that type of vaccine would produce antibodies that attack the whole virus.

But whether the antibodies produced kill the virus directly or the virus dies unable to reproduce, it died and didn't reproduce.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.