Author Topic: Senate votes to confirm Garland as attorney general  (Read 568 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate votes to confirm Garland as attorney general
« on: March 10, 2021, 08:05:04 pm »
Senate votes to confirm Garland as attorney general
By Jordain Carney and Rebecca Beitsch - 03/10/21 02:50 PM EST

The Senate on Wednesday confirmed Merrick Garland to be President Biden’s attorney general, a u-turn from a 2016 stalemate that kept him stuck in Senate limbo.

Senators voted 70-30 on Garland’s nomination to lead the Justice Department, easily topping the 50 votes needed.

The vote comes just days before the five-year anniversary from when then-President Obama nominated Garland to fill the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. Republicans, who then controlled the Senate, refused to give Garland a hearing or a vote.

This time around Garland, who has served on the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals since 1997, won support from most of the caucus, including the men at the center of the 2016 standoff: GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa).

"I'm voting to confirm Judge Garland because of his long reputation as a straight shooter and a legal expert. His left-of-center perspective has been within the legal mainstream. Let's hope our incoming attorney general applies that no-nonsense approach to the serious challenges facing the Department of Justice and our nation," McConnell said ahead of Wednesday’s vote.

Garland's path to confirmation wasn’t without headaches after Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) announced that he had placed a hold on the nomination, forcing Democrats to eat up days of floor time.

But with Democrats holding 50 seats and GOP support from many of Cotton’s colleagues, Garland was widely expected to be confirmed.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/542529-senate-votes-to-confirm-garland-as-attorney-general
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Senate votes to confirm Garland as attorney general
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 08:27:02 pm »
20 Repubs voted for Garland...we will all pay the price for this comfirmation.. 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 09:01:25 pm »
Vote Summary

Question: On the Nomination (Confirmation: Merrick Brian Garland, of Maryland, to be Attorney General )
Vote Number: 114
Vote Date: March 10, 2021, 02:15 PM
Required For Majority: 1/2
Vote Result: Nomination Confirmed
Nomination Number: PN78-7
Nomination Description: Merrick Brian Garland, of Maryland, to be Attorney General
Vote Counts:
YEAs70
NAYs

how they voted here
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=117&session=1&vote=00114
Support the USO

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 09:06:41 pm »
Vote Summary

Question: On the Nomination (Confirmation: Merrick Brian Garland, of Maryland, to be Attorney General )
Vote Number: 114
Vote Date: March 10, 2021, 02:15 PM
Required For Majority: 1/2
Vote Result: Nomination Confirmed
Nomination Number: PN78-7
Nomination Description: Merrick Brian Garland, of Maryland, to be Attorney General
Vote Counts:
YEAs70
NAYs

how they voted here
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=117&session=1&vote=00114

The usual  RINO's voted Yea; Graham, Murkowski, Romney, Collins, Cornyn, McConnell

I was surprised, Rubio actually cast a Nay vote.  Good for him!

I am also surprised that Ernst cast a Yea vote.  She's not the conservative that I thought she was.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:10:04 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 09:12:28 pm »
20 Repubs voted for Garland...we will all pay the price for this comfirmation.. 9999hair out0000

The DOJ is corrupt anyways; this will only ensure the corruption continues.

You'd think for once that the GOP would stick together; never going to happen.  I can't wait till McConnell steps down.  I think it will help.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 10:26:10 pm »
RINO Senators clearly love Leftist Dems more than Leftist Dems love Republicans.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 10:33:05 pm »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

List Of The 20 Senate Republicans Who Voted To Confirm Merrick Garland For Attorney General

Blunt
Burr
Capito
Cassidy
Collins
Cornyn
Ernst
GRAHAM
Grassley
Inhofe
Johnson
Lankford
McConnell
Moran
Murkowski
Portman
Romney
Rounds
Thune
Tillis

2:52 PM · Mar 10, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1369737997101395968

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 10:35:29 pm »
20 Repubs voted for Garland...we will all pay the price for this confirmation.. 9999hair out0000

Don't get upset @mystery-ak   --- Dontcha know they're from the GOP and they're holding the line?   :smokin:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 10:41:22 pm »
The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

List Of The 20 Senate Republicans Who Voted To Confirm Merrick Garland For Attorney General

Blunt
Burr
Capito
Cassidy
Collins
Cornyn
Ernst
GRAHAM
Grassley
Inhofe
Johnson
Lankford
McConnell
Moran
Murkowski
Portman
Romney
Rounds
Thune
Tillis

2:52 PM · Mar 10, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1369737997101395968

I fully intend to see that John Cornyn is retired ASAP!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mortarman

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 11:12:33 pm »
Once again I would like to reiterate that sometimes I think a nooqoolur strike on Washington DC might not necessarily be a bad thing. 'specially when Congress is in session.

:pop41:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 11:14:29 pm by mortarman »
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 11:27:00 pm »
Gutless, Spineless Repukes, Vote 'em all out!

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 11:49:35 pm »

IMO...Inhofe is the only suprise in that cast of characters. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 12:42:44 am »
All these republicant RINOs need to be primaries when their time comes.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 12:55:39 am »
All these republicant RINOs need to be primaries when their time comes.

Good luck with that.  That same sentiment has resonated for many election cycles and here we sit. McConnell and others should have lost their seats long ago, but they remain in power.

This next election the RINO's won't necessarily be voted out be a disgruntled voting base, but they will likely lose their seats due to demographics and the DEMS will find a way  to conveniently remove them.

The RINO's are in for a rude awakening.

I'll be glad to see them gone, but by '22 it's not going to make a darn bit of difference anyways.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 01:08:11 am »
Good luck with that.  That same sentiment has resonated for many election cycles and here we sit. McConnell and others should have lost their seats long ago, but they remain in power.

This next election the RINO's won't necessarily be voted out be a disgruntled voting base, but they will likely lose their seats due to demographics and the DEMS will find a way  to conveniently remove them.

The RINO's are in for a rude awakening.

I'll be glad to see them gone, but by '22 it's not going to make a darn bit of difference anyways.
I'm as frustrated as every other conservative. This country is coming apart at the seems.

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 03:06:44 am »

These 20 aren't gutless or spineless....they're free to vote for what they really want.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 06:31:53 am »
Imagine what Trump could have accomplished if many democrats practiced bi-partisanship, like so many RINO Republicans do to benefit the democrats!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline dancer

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 11:14:30 am »
The usual  RINO's voted Yea; Graham, Murkowski, Romney, Collins, Cornyn, McConnell

I was surprised, Rubio actually cast a Nay vote.  Good for him!

I am also surprised that Ernst cast a Yea vote.  She's not the conservative that I thought she was.
He is trying to rebuild the support he had. He is in trouble.  Lost his base.