Author Topic: Could Volcanic Period Be Ahead?  (Read 308 times)

rangerrebew

Could Volcanic Period Be Ahead?
« on: March 08, 2021, 04:38:27 pm »
 News | Iceland Monitor | Fri 5 Mar 2021 | 11.24 GMT | Modified at 12.45
Could Volcanic Period Be Ahead?
Volcanic systems on the Reykjanes peninsula are shown in pink. …

Volcanic systems on the Reykjanes peninsula are shown in pink. The red lines indicate the tectonic plate boundary, where earthquakes are common. Geothermal areas are marked in yellow. Black lines indicate fissure swarms. Map/Vísindavefurinn
Vala Hafstað
vala@mbl.is

“If an eruption occurs, it would likely mark the beginning of such a [volcanic] period – lasting a few centuries, I believe,” states Magnús Á. Sigurgeirsson, geologist at ÍSOR Iceland GeoSurvey - a consulting and research institute in the field of geothermal sciences and utilization.

“That’s at least how it has been the past three times, and even dating further back, but we don’t have as exact data available on that,” he tells mbl.is . He is referring to the uncertainty regarding whether an eruption can be expected soon on the Reykjanes peninsula, Southwest Iceland.

https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news/2021/03/05/could_volcanic_period_be_ahead/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Could Volcanic Period Be Ahead?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 05:05:23 pm »
Let's party like it's 536 A.D.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/11/why-536-was-worst-year-be-alive

Based upon reading this, and applying my innately inferior Deplorable intellect, my facetious solution to "Global Warming" is to nuke some volcanos.  Save a polar bear, nuke a volcano.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online ironhorsedriver

Re: Could Volcanic Period Be Ahead?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 07:58:16 pm »
Polar Bears are white, and can't even work for Coke anymore. Their so yesterday now!