Author Topic: 20 States Send Letter to Senate Leaders Promising Swift Consequences if HR1 Passes  (Read 449 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
20 States Send Letter to Senate Leaders Promising Swift Consequences if HR1 Passes
Elizabeth Stauffer, The Western Journal By Elizabeth Stauffer, The Western Journal
Published March 6, 2021 at 2:57pm

Democratic leaders no longer even try to hide their real objectives. All of the bills introduced by Democratic lawmakers of late have been undisguised power grabs.

Having been well pleased with the flexibility in voting methods the pandemic allowed them, and certainly with the results of the 2020 election, party leaders decided to make these changes permanent. The result was the passage of H.R. 1, the “For the People Act of 2021,” by the House of Representatives on Wednesday.

Noting the gross overreach by the federal government in the bill, the attorneys general of 20 states penned a letter to Congressional leadership which can be viewed here.

This group of top law enforcement officers wrote that “it is difficult to imagine a legislative proposal more threatening to election integrity and voter confidence.” They make the case that H.R. 1 strips the state legislatures of their constitutionally granted authority to determine how elections will be held in their states.

Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita, the leader of this group and the first signer of the letter, issued a statement to Fox News which read in part, “This monstrosity of a bill betrays the Constitution, dangerously federalizes state elections, and undermines the integrity of the ballot box. As a former chief election officer, and now an Attorney General, I know this would be a disaster for election integrity and confidence in the processes that have been developed over time to instill confidence in the idea of ‘one person, one vote.’”

more
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/20-states-send-letter-senate-leaders-promising-swift-consequences-hr1-passes
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Once again I'll ask:
Is it time for a New Continental Congress yet?

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
It's like NEVER TRUMPERS lead us down this blind alley with a high cliff at the end.  Who'd of thought or even had a clue?
 :chairbang: :shrug: :chairbang:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline bilo

I'm not banking on the SCOTUS to protect us or the constitution.

Secession
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home