Author Topic: Biden sued by 12 states over climate executive order: 'Enormous expansion of federal regulatory powe  (Read 443 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Biden sued by 12 states over climate executive order: 'Enormous expansion of federal regulatory power'

A coalition of 12 states is suing President Biden's administration over a climate executive order that they claim has the potential to have a serious economic impact across the country through the expansion of federal regulatory power.

The suit, which is being led by Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt, was filed on Monday. State attorneys general from Arkansas, Arizona, Indiana, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Utah also joined the action.

It alleges that Biden’s Executive Order 13990, titled “Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis,” does not have the authority to issue binding numbers for the “social cost” of greenhouse gases to be used in federal regulations.

The breakdown of the social costs shows $269 billion for carbon dioxide, $990 billion for methane, and $8.24 trillion for nitrous oxide – totaling approximately $9.5 trillion, according to the lawsuit, which cited interim values determined by an interagency working group that was created by Biden’s order.

Schmitt said that those potential regulations will stifle manufacturing and harm agriculture in Missouri, where state figures show that hundreds of thousands of people work in those industries.

“Under President Biden’s executive order, which he didn’t have the authority to enact, these hard-working Missourians who have lived and worked this land for generations, could be left in the dust,” Schmitt said in a written press release............

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-lawsuit-climate-executive-order-federal-regulatory-power
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
After states sat back and allowed massive economic destruction by democrat intentions/actions, recently.  Some states now actually have the nerve to counter Biden and make an effort to economically survive.  That could well become a crime against the State under democrat rule.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
US officials: report on oil and gas sale ban from fed lands due by summer

https://www.kxnet.com/news/national-news/us-officials-report-on-oil-and-gas-sale-ban-from-fed-lands-due-by-summer/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR3KH-oXPfj2Mzh-4943_vj8_N4epBQRtqG9PAAQC45YLkuqfaO73xQETD8

The lunacy continues. The offshore regions of the Gulf of Mexico account for more oil and gas than North Dakota (second largest onshore producer) and are federally controlled. Time for Texas, Louisiana and other States to assert dominion over the seabed adjacent to their States and the minerals under it (and resources over it). 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis