Author Topic: De Blasio’s wife asks residents to ‘physically intervene’ to stop crime after push to ‘shift resourc  (Read 808 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
De Blasio’s wife asks residents to ‘physically intervene’ to stop crime after push to ‘shift resources’ away from cops
March 8, 2021 | Jon Dougherty

New York City first lady Chirlane McCray is now calling on residents to “physically intervene” to help stop violent crimes after publicly calling on husband and Mayor Bill de Blasio to “defund” the NYPD and redirect those funds to “youth initiatives and social services.”

“As attacks on Asian American communities continue, we’re asking New Yorkers to show up for their neighbors and intervene when witnessing hateful violence or harassment. I know that can be frightening when you aren’t sure what to do or say, but you can learn,” she wrote on Twitter Saturday.

She went on in a thread to explain the “5 D’s” — “easy to remember tactics that we can all use to de-escalate a situation.” They include, “distract,” “delegate,” “document,” “delay,” and “direct.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/03/08/de-blasios-wife-asks-residents-to-physically-intervene-to-stop-crime-after-push-to-shift-resources-away-from-cops-1039439/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
She went on in a thread to explain the “5 D’s” — “easy to remember tactics that we can all use to de-escalate a situation.” They include, “distract,” “delegate,” “document,” “delay,” and “direct.”

There are 6D's

They include, “distract,” “delegate,” “document,” “delay,” “direct,” and "dead".
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
There are 6D's

They include, “distract,” “delegate,” “document,” “delay,” “direct,” and "dead".

True Dat!. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

There's a reason why the previous two mayors (Giuliani, Bloomberg) of overwhelmingly democratic New York City were Republican.  Liberal Democrats (Koch, Dinkins) were too soft on crime.  Alas, a new generation of New Yorkers will learn the hell and the horror of a liberal democratic mayor - taxes and crime will increase while quality of life decreases.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Hoodat

New York City first lady Chirlane McCray is now calling on residents to “physically intervene” to help stop violent crimes

Isn't that why we hire police?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
With what shall mere subjects intervene?  Spitballs??  This is idiotic.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Intervene", she wants?

This guy knew what to do:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Intervene", she wants?

This guy knew what to do:

Bernie Goetz did too!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Dear citizens. We are not here to protect you. We suggest you just sacrifice yourselves. Next time you see a crime in progress, walk right into the middle of it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Yeah, wake me up when she rides an NYC subway without security people and "intervenes" to stop a mugging. Or chases down a thug who sucker-punched a Hasid.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Oi vey.

Please please, I hope Andrew Yang gets elected to this office. (he’s the only other candidate I know of)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 02:13:51 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oi vey.

Please please, I hope Andrew Yang gets elected to this office. (he’s the only other candidate I know of)

Mr. Universal Income would be at least as bad as deBlahBlah.  NYC is so screwed.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
What a stupid idea...the person(s) intervening open themselves up to whole host of legal and possibly criminal liability if they do so.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What a stupid idea...the person(s) intervening open themselves up to whole host of legal and possibly criminal liability if they do so.

Not to mention the more immediate prospects of being severely beaten or killed.
I will NOT comply.

rangerrebew

After ‘Defunding The Police,’ NYC First Lady Pleads For Citizens To Intervene In Violent Crimes As Assaults Spike
By  Luke Rosiak
•
Mar 8, 2021   DailyWire.com

The wife of New York Mayor Bill de Blasio wants citizens to personally “physically intervene” to stop violent crimes, nine months after she convinced her husband to get aboard the “defund the police” movement by redirecting money from police to “youth initiatives and social services.”

Shootings in New York City doubled in 2020 and were up 75 percent last month compared to a year prior. Burglaries have also increased, and violent, unprovoked crimes against Asians have become endemic.

“As attacks on Asian American communities continue, we’re asking New Yorkers to show up for their neighbors and intervene when witnessing hateful violence or harassment. I know that can be frightening when you aren’t sure what to do or say, but you can learn,” New York City’s First Lady Chirlane McCray wrote on Twitter March 6. “Fear is a normal feeling when stepping into a confrontation, but being prepared can help.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/chirlane-mccray-deblasio-asks-citizens-intervene-crime-after-defund-police?itm_source=parsely-api&utm_source=cnemail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=030821-news&utm_campaign=position1
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 03:24:04 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
There's a reason why the previous two mayors (Giuliani, Bloomberg) of overwhelmingly democratic New York City were Republican.  Liberal Democrats (Koch, Dinkins) were too soft on crime.  Alas, a new generation of New Yorkers will learn the hell and the horror of a liberal democratic mayor - taxes and crime will increase while quality of life decreases.

Calling Bloomberg a Republican?  Anything you say Bubba!!   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

I'll bet if someone should step in and someone is injured or killed, there is no immunity for the good Samaritan.  :nono:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Not to mention the more immediate prospects of being severely beaten or killed.
@Cyber Liberty yes, my comment was based on the assumption that someone else was doing the severe beating or killing of the perp.   :beer:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

BassWrangler

Mr. Universal Income would be at least as bad as deBlahBlah.  NYC is so screwed.   :shrug:

No, Yang would be much better than DeBlasio. Yang at least has a brain.

Offline PeteS in CA

Calling Bloomberg a Republican?  ...   :silly:

IIRC, Bloomberg first ran and lost in the D primary and then ran as an R in the general election and won.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.