Author Topic: Rupert Darwall: The climate agenda is a money-making business for the elites  (Read 164 times)

rangerrebew

Rupert Darwall: The climate agenda is a money-making business for the elites

Date: 06/03/21
    Rupert Darwall, Real Clear Energy

The green oligarchs from Wall Street, Hollywood, and Silicon Valley could soon find themselves under attack like the liberal aristocrats during the French Revolution.

“The climate transition presents a historic investment opportunity,” says BlackRock CEO Larry Fink. “What the financiers, the big banks, the asset managers, private investors, venture capital are all discovering is: There’s a lot of money to be made in the creation of these new jobs,” chimes in presidential climate envoy John Kerry. Fink concedes that the economy remains “highly dependent” on fossil fuels. He also asserts that BlackRock is “carbon neutral today in our own operations.” It’s a claim open to challenge. “If a company or individual says to me they are net-zero, I know it is complete crap,” tweeted Glen Peters, research director of the Oslo-based Center for International Climate Research.

Peters was taking to task former Bank of England governor Mark Carney, who had claimed that investments in renewable energy offset emissions from fossil-fuel investments. Carney quickly backed down, but the spat reveals the fissure in the climate movement that first became visible with Michael Moore’s 2020 movie Planet of the Humans, which pitted true believers on one side against those positioning themselves to reap profits from the climate money pouring into decarbonization.

https://www.thegwpf.com/the-climate-agenda-is-a-money-making-business-for-the-elites/

rangerrebew

I wonder how many politicians have big money tied up in alternative energy stocks? :pondering:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Carbon off$ett$ as a new a$$et cla$$.  They magically make bovine flatulence disappear.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright