Author Topic: California Recall Campaign: We Have the Signatures to Recall Gavin Newsom  (Read 839 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California Recall Campaign: We Have the Signatures to Recall Gavin Newsom

Joel B. Pollak 7 Mar 2021

Leaders of the campaign to recall California Governor Gavin Newsom announced Sunday that they have gathered nearly 2 million signatures — half a million more than required, more than a week before the deadline to force a recall vote.

The Sacramento Bee reported:

Leaders of the effort to recall California Gov. Gavin Newsom said Sunday they’ve collected 1.95 million signatures a little more than a week before the deadline, a number they believe will be more than enough to trigger a special recall election.

County and state elections officials still need to verify that nearly 1.5 million are valid signatures from registered California voters before the recall can qualify for the ballot. But recall supporters said Sunday that they’re confident they’ve collected enough.

The most recent signature verification numbers from the Secretary of State’s Office found that about 83% of the signatures counted by early February were valid. There’s no guarantee that validity rate will hold for the remaining signatures, but if it does, proponents would reach the threshold needed to trigger a special recall election.

The recall vote, if held, would feature two questions: first, whether Newsom should be recalled; second, which candidate should replace him. It is possible for a candidate to replace Newsom without winning a majority of the vote, as Arnold Schwarzenegger did in 2003 when replacing Gray Davis.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/07/california-recall-campaign-we-have-the-signatures-to-recall-gavin-newsom/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Needing to gather a lot more signatures than required has been normal for at least since the early 80. This is because signature validity is checked, and many are ineligible or are attempts to sabotage ballot initiative efforts with phony signatures.

2. This petition determines whether a recall election will take place, nothing more.

3. In a recall election voters will decide two things. The first is whether Newsom is recalled. The second - which only matters if Newsom is recalled - is who would replace Newsom (Newsom could not be one of the candidates).

4. If there will be a recall election I don't have a feel for whether Newsom would be booted out. Sadly, if he is: 1.) a Dem-to-be-named-later would probably replace him; 2.) if a good conservative R is a candidate, "Moderate" Rs will make sure the R vote is split by getting a RINO on the ballot (like they did with Ahhhnold the RINO)); "Moderate" Rs have proven they loath and hate conservative Rs more than Dems time after time after ... . I'd love to be proven wrong on that point.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 07:06:18 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Newsome Recall Effort Reaches Two Million Signature Milestone
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 06:59:34 pm »
And “there it is”. . .

The recall effort for Gov. Gavin Newsom in California has now reportedly surpassed 2 million signatures:

They only need 1.5 million signatures but they’re worried about challenges:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/03/11/tick-tock-gov-newsom-recall-effort-hits-an-important-milestone-well-ahead-of-the-deadline/

And when Governor Nuisance is recalled....another Rodent will take his place.

Nothing else will be allowed in California.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO speculates:
"Uh oh, could Gavin be the first progressive pin to fall?"

Heh.
I reckon whoever "replaces" him will be more of a leftist that HE is.

Offline skeeter

Uh oh, could Gavin be the first progressive pin to fall?

https://www.kcra.com/article/organizers-say-they-have-more-than-enough-signatures-recall-gov-newsom/35757793

Answer: no. Newsom signed a bill mandating vote-by-mail for all elections this year. Including the ballot with the recall on it.

California will soon show the country how spectacularly corrupt an election in this country can be. Watch, rats, and learn.

Offline Sled Dog

Answer: no. Newsom signed a bill mandating vote-by-mail for all elections this year. Including the ballot with the recall on it.

California will soon show the country how spectacularly corrupt an election in this country can be. Watch, rats, and learn.

I have five huskies.

Should they vote?

What if they registered as Democrats?   They're all well over 18 in dog years.

I have the ashes of another husky, too.  That one would be a guaranteed Democrat vote, wouldn't she?  She liked to eat cat poo, just like real Democrats do today, too.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 12:11:26 am by Sled Dog »
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline LMAO

Newsom isn’t going anywhere and he knows it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Sled Dog

1. Needing to gather a lot more signatures than required has been normal for at least since the early 80. This is because signature validity is checked, and many are ineligible or are attempts to sabotage ballot initiative efforts with phony signatures.

2. This petition determines whether a recall election will take place, nothing more.

3. In a recall election voters will decide two things. The first is whether Newsom is recalled. The second - which only matters if Newsom is recalled - is who would replace Newsom (Newsom could not be one of the candidates).

4. If there will be a recall election I don't have a feel for whether Newsom would be booted out. Sadly, if he is: 1.) a Dem-to-be-named-later would probably replace him; 2.) if a good conservative R is a candidate, "Moderate" Rs will make sure the R vote is split by getting a RINO on the ballot (like they did with Ahhhnold the RINO)); "Moderate" Rs have proven they loath and hate conservative Rs more than Dems time after time after ... . I'd love to be proven wrong on that point.

You forgot #5:
5. The Rodents will encourage more than 200 people to sign up on the GOP side of the ballot and flatly forbid any but their chosen ONE to be on the Rodent side of the ballot.  They did this with Bustamante when the Gray Doofus was rejected, and still they lost the governor seat.  Even if Mr. Shriver hadn't been on the ballot, the runner up, McClintock would have won.    And McClintock turned out to be another RINO, too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Anybody think like me that this appears a lot more restrictive than what is required to vote during a normal election?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

Anybody think like me that this appears a lot more restrictive than what is required to vote during a normal election?

Whether voting in person or by mail, in an election voters are informed that their signatures must match the signature on their voter registration. So, hypothetically, no. But IRL I doubt signature matching is actually done when votes are counted.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Whether voting in person or by mail, in an election voters are informed that their signatures must match the signature on their voter registration. So, hypothetically, no. But IRL I doubt signature matching is actually done when votes are counted.
IRL, some states required that they are not even checked in the last election, even though it violated state law.  And they were counted anyway.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

Gov. Newsom facing recall election after GOP-led effort sees enough voter signatures verified

https://ktla.com/news/california/gov-newsom-facing-recall-election-after-enough-voter-signatures-gathered/

The California secretary of state’s office announced Monday that more than 1.6 million signatures had been verified, about 100,000 more than needed to force a vote on the first-term Democrat.

An election is likely in the fall where voters would face two questions: Should Newsom be recalled and who should replace him? The votes on the second question will only be counted if more than half say yes to the first.

Offline DB

In rural counties where conservatives live they check signatures following the law. Typical ballot rejection rate was about 5% last election.

In large cities where the liberals live they don't check the signatures because no one enforces the law. Typical ballot rejection rate was less than 1% last election.

That provides about a 4% swing towards the liberal voters in the cities verses the people outside the cities.