Author Topic: Manchin unmoved on filibuster, keeps door cracked open on reconciliation for voting rights bill  (Read 396 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin unmoved on filibuster, keeps door cracked open on reconciliation for voting rights bill
By Zack Budryk - 03/07/21 09:35 AM EST

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) said Sunday that he was “not going to change my mind” on opposing the elimination of the filibuster but expressed openness to using the reconciliation process for a major election reform measure if bipartisan support could be secured.

“I'm not going to change my mind on the filibuster. I will change my mind if we need to go to a reconciliation to where we have to get something done once I know they have process into it,” Manchin said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“But I'm not going to go there until my Republican friends have the ability to have their say also," Manchin said. "And I'm hoping they'll get involved to the point to where we have ten of them that'll work with 50 of us, or 15 of them that'll work with 45 of us.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/541993-manchin-unmoved-on-filibuster-keeps-door-cracked-open-on
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin unmoved on filibuster, keeps door cracked open on reconciliation for voting rights bill
By Zack Budryk - 03/07/21 09:35 AM EST

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) said Sunday that he was “not going to change my mind” on opposing the elimination of the filibuster but expressed openness to using the reconciliation process for a major election reform measure if bipartisan support could be secured.

“I'm not going to change my mind on the filibuster. I will change my mind if we need to go to a reconciliation to where we have to get something done once I know they have process into it,” Manchin said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

“But I'm not going to go there until my Republican friends have the ability to have their say also," Manchin said. "And I'm hoping they'll get involved to the point to where we have ten of them that'll work with 50 of us, or 15 of them that'll work with 45 of us.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/541993-manchin-unmoved-on-filibuster-keeps-door-cracked-open-on

IOW he's gonna vote for HR1...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Killer Clouds

Neither side is going to work together. Manchin is a lying piece of crap like the rest of his demonrat brethren. It will eventually end up in a bloody war. HR1 is unconstitutional and shouldn't even be a question.

Offline mikezpen

He's opened that door quite a crack. They can pass everything attached to the budget, 51-50 if they have to.There's still Sinema, but she'll knuckle under, too in one way or another.

Offline skeeter

He's opened that door quite a crack. They can pass everything attached to the budget, 51-50 if they have to.There's still Sinema, but she'll knuckle under, too in one way or another.
Of course he’ll vote for it. Being a two faced slug to continue winning office in a conservative state is exhausting work. The “For The People” act means he won’t have to listen to the people ever again.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 08:02:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

If ever there was a better example of "talking out of both sides of one's mouth at the same time", this is it.

I could be wrong, but isn't "reconciliation" a process that is supposed to be strictly limited to budget/financial matters...?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What a lying sack of shit. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Sinema is another lying sack of shit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Killer Clouds

Sinema is another lying sack of shit.
Demonrat and liar are synonymous.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Manchin is saying with 10 to 15 Republican RINO's, democrats will effectively have a dictatorship, one party rule like China/Russia.  Didn't they say they wanted to re-invent America?!  With Trump defeated, look what they now think they can achieve! :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline mikezpen

The people of this country put the Democrats in, either by voting for them directly or staying home on election day. I mean, look at Georgia.A lot of Americans who suffer the consequences will deserve what they get.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Huge Development’: Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin Starts To Crack On Filibuster, Signals Openness To Change
By  Ryan Saavedra

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/huge-development-democrat-sen-joe-manchin-starts-to-crack-on-filibuster-signals-openness-to-change
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
‘Huge Development’: Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin Starts To Crack On Filibuster, Signals Openness To Change
By  Ryan Saavedra

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/huge-development-democrat-sen-joe-manchin-starts-to-crack-on-filibuster-signals-openness-to-change

In other news, it has been verified by multiple astronomers the sun rose in the east today.   *****rollingeyes*****
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

In other news, it has been verified by multiple astronomers the sun rose in the east today.   *****rollingeyes*****
Sen Manchin is poorly named. He should be called Sen Flake.