Author Topic: Pendleton traffic accident kills 1 Marine, leaves 2 Marines injured  (Read 192 times)

rangerrebew

Pendleton traffic accident kills 1 Marine, leaves 2 Marines injured
Philip Athey

A traffic accident on Camp Pendleton, California, resulted in the death of one Marine and injured two more, according to a Monday press release from the 1st Marine Division.

The accident took place on Sunday at roughly 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Las Pulgas Road, the release said.

The Marine who died was pronounced dead on the scene, according to the press release.

One of the inured Marines was airlifted to Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, California, where they are being treated for their injuries, the release said.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/marine-corps-times/2021/03/09/pendleton-traffic-accident-kills-1-marine-leaves-2-injured/

rangerrebew

Re: Pendleton traffic accident kills 1 Marine, leaves 2 Marines injured
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 12:15:15 pm »
I don't remember any of the bases I've been on having 50 MPH speed limits.  They pretty well maxed out at 25-30. :pondering:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Pendleton traffic accident kills 1 Marine, leaves 2 Marines injured
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 08:00:41 pm »
I don't remember any of the bases I've been on having 50 MPH speed limits.  They pretty well maxed out at 25-30. :pondering:
While the speed limit inside the base is 25 it is higher off base, not sure how much. The marines were driving their personal vehicles, other than that not too much information.

RIP Marine and rapid recovery to the other two.