Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi's Capitol Security Review Recommends Turning the US Capitol Into a Permanent Armed Camp  (Read 380 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nancy Pelosi's Capitol Security Review Recommends Turning the US Capitol Into a Permanent Armed Camp
By streiff | Mar 06, 2021 7:45 PM ET

In the aftermath of the January 6 Capitol riot, Nancy Pelosi started pushing the idea that Republicans were to blame for the riot and that some sort of 9/11-style commission was needed to investigate the causes. If they had followed the 9/11 model, they would spend an inordinate amount of time scratching their collective ass and wondering “why do they hate us?” and blaming everyone but the people who let it happen. That idea seems to have lost a lot of its sheen in the two months after the Capitol riot, but one thing Pelosi did was establish a “Capitol Security Review” to make recommendations on how to keep such a thing from happening again knowing that “fair and transparent election procedures” would not be one of the proposals.

To lead the effort she selected retired Army Lieutenant General Russel Honore. Honore made a national name for himself unf***ing the dog’s breakfast of failure that was the Bush administration’s response to Katrina (to be fair, I think any administration would have performed the same or worse but if it happens on your watch, you own it). Why? Because everyone seems to want a general to fill traditionally civilian roles (Mattis, Kelly, McMaster, Austin, Perna) because they are perceived as more competent and ethical and less partisan than the usual yobs that get selected. You’ll note I said “perceived.” Honore had the added advantage of being, by his words and actions, a partisan Democrat who camouflaged his partisanship behind his stars, his service to the Bush administration, and his flirtation with running for the US Senate as a Republican.

He was critical of the Trump administration’s response to Hurricane Maria. But that was just a warm up. After January 6 he was en fuego or however you say that in Cajun. He accused the Capitol Police chief and the sergeants-at-arms of both the House and Senate of being “complicit” in the riot. And there was this:

more
https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/03/06/nancy-pelosis-capitol-security-review-recommends-turning-the-us-capitol-into-a-permanent-armed-camp-n338632
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Send the military home and defended the Capitol police.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Has anyone asked the "President" why the National Guard is necessary?  Maybe whoever's running the show can put this question (and answer) on the teleprompter for Biden's first press conference.

As an aside, the mayor of DC Land is quite upset ... Between the quasi-lockdown and military occupation she's losing tourists and their money hand over fist. Look for her to be begging for a bailout soon.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Bush was to blame for Katrina even though the democrats demanded they handle it their way, except Biden is not to blame for the Texas energy collapse on desperate Texans and refusing to declare an emergency and send them assistance promptly ON HIS WATCH.  Are we really expected to be This stupid and buy it?
How ever the Jan 6 capital event was a serious terrorist event, even though the guards ushered people into the building, but 9-11 was not an act of terrorism, REALLY? CAN PEOPLE REALLY BE CONVINCED TO BE THIS BRAINDEAD/DECEIVED?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

BassWrangler

I'm beginning to think there's more here than an attempt to paint Trump supporters as violent. The optics on this look worse every day it goes on. Perhaps the Dems are anticipating some actual civil unrest.

Offline mountaineer

Perhaps the Dems are anticipating some actual civil unrest.
It sure as hell isn't going to come from a bunch of senior citizens waving Trump flags. (No offense intended to all us senior citizens who may or may not be waving Trump flags).  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

I'm beginning to think there's more here than an attempt to paint Trump supporters as violent. The optics on this look worse every day it goes on. Perhaps the Dems are anticipating some actual civil unrest.

...they know exactly what they have up their sleeves for us.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

BassWrangler

...they know exactly what they have up their sleeves for us.

@libertybele

Yes, that's what I was thinking. I think it's a huge gun grab, starting with registration.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A well-advertised plank of the GOP platform for the 2022 elections should be "it's time to tear down pelosi's wall".

Will they be smart enough to run with that...?
(and yes, the wall will still be there by then...)

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
When the economy and the nation collapses, and you see people around you as looking mighty tasty, denial will finally end, and the obvious will look REAL OBVIOUS.  Until then, oblivious obvious will just have to wait.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions