Author Topic: GOP Rep. Carl: Pelosi Trying to ‘Distract’ from Jan. 6 Security Lapse — ‘She Is Ultimately Responsib  (Read 255 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep. Carl: Pelosi Trying to ‘Distract’ from Jan. 6 Security Lapse — ‘She Is Ultimately Responsible for That Security’

Jeff Poor 5 Mar 2021

During an interview that aired Thursday on Mobile, AL radio’s FM Talk 106.5, Rep. Jerry Carl (R-AL) argued that some of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-CA) latest actions have been, in part, to distract from her role in the January 6 Capitol Hill incident.

As the Speaker of the House, Pelosi is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the U.S. Capitol. Thus Pelosi would have had a role in Capitol Hill security.

“I think January 6 — Pelosi is trying to cover up here involvement in that,” he said. “She should have played a larger role because she is ultimately responsible for that security. I think she’s trying to distract from that, so she doesn’t take any heat for it. Not for a minute do I think she would encourage it. That’s not what I’m saying. But I think she left security very, very weak for obvious reasons. I think a lot of this stuff is pure distraction. I think she’s pulling away.

Carl also speculated Pelosi was speaking out to a base that had “always supported her,” which included Hollywood and other traditional left-leaning bastions.

“You know, hindsight is 20/20,” he said. “I don’t want to blame anybody. The people that came here to do harm — we need to take care of that. We need to prosecute that. We need to make sure they’re accountable. But you know, when they talk about insurgents of people — so many of those were sightseers. That’s what these reports are bringing out. There may have been 50 or 100 characters, but everybody else was just sightseers. They followed the crowd, the group effort of just moving in one direction. We should have done a much better job. But the way Nancy Pelosi responds — we’re spending $2 million a week for a high fence with razor wire with our National Guard, which we stop and talk —  everyone tries making a point of thanking them for their service. You know, we take them from their families, from their jobs. I don’t know what it’s costing us outside of D.C. But here, it costs us $2 million a week for that fence to be up and those guardsmen to be on the frontlines.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/05/gop-rep-carl-pelosi-trying-to-distract-from-jan-6-security-lapse-she-is-ultimately-responsible-for-that-security/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did Jerry Carl go to the Pelosi School of Elocution?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fifty or a hundred sounds about right. Five shuttlebuses full of ANTIFAs were reported to have unloaded prior to the thing at the Capitol.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

A little late for this.  You had the Dems against the ropes during the impeachment trial and could have forced Pelosi to testify under oath.  But for some crazy unknown reason, you let her off the hook.

And today, you have them against the ropes again after catching them red-handed violating the reconciliation rules.  And again, you will let them off the hook by ignoring the rules violation and allowing them to pass the $1.9 trillion "Help Democrats Hold On to Power For the Next Eight Years" with only 48 Democrat and 2 Hardline Communist Senators.

Republicans are stoopid.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-