Author Topic: A Swamp Tale: The Bizarre Final Hours of ‘Impeachment Fail 2.0’  (Read 125 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Swamp Tale: The Bizarre Final Hours of ‘Impeachment Fail 2.0’

Behind the scenes at the swamp’s latest show trial (with special scorn reserved for Senator Bill Cassidy).

By Brian Trascher
March 3, 2021

I have to admit I didn’t watch most of Donald Trump’s second impeachment trial. The article of impeachment from the House was hastily and carelessly drafted and contained so many flaws and self-inflicted wounds that it would have been dismissed nolle prosequi in any courtroom in America. It certainly had no chance in the evenly divided U.S. Senate to achieve anywhere close to the required two-thirds vote needed to convict. It was all just WrestleMania with old, out-of-shape wrestlers.

But the dog woke me up early that final Saturday morning of the “trial,” and since nothing else was on TV I decided to tune into the latest episode of kangaroo court. When the closing arguments started, the news alerts began popping up that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) had informed his caucus he intended to vote to acquit President Trump since he felt the Senate had no jurisdiction over a private citizen. Ironically, it was McConnell himself who decided that the trial would not start until after the “inauguration,” but whatever.

Now, anybody who knows Mitch McConnell knows that when he announces how he intends to vote on a big issue, he’s essentially telling his GOP colleagues how he expects them to vote. He knew that there would be a few defectors, and maybe even a surprise, last-minute turncoat, but he was basically instructing the conservative wing of his caucus to remain on the reservation. Nevertheless, this announcement set off a chain of events that threw the entire Senate into chaos for a solid hour.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/03/03/a-swamp-tale-the-bizarre-final-hours-of-impeachment-fail-2-0/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Grab some lunch and watch this.  Half the jury starred in this incredible moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKkHeLQXwBw

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't

Now, anybody who knows Mitch McConnell knows that when he announces how he intends to vote on a big issue, he’s essentially telling his GOP colleagues how he expects them to vote. He knew that there would be a few defectors, and maybe even a surprise, last-minute turncoat, but he was basically instructing the conservative wing of his caucus to remain on the reservation. Nevertheless, this announcement set off a chain of events that threw the entire Senate into chaos for a solid hour.

The four or five conservatives in the Senate don't need instructions from Squishy Mitch on how to vote.   

McConnell was busy telling the 45 RINOs' how to vote to avoid complete electoral meltdown in next year's primaries.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.