Author Topic: Pentagon chief calls on military to reaffirm values, ethical conduct  (Read 165 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon chief calls on military to reaffirm values, ethical conduct
By Ellen Mitchell - 03/02/21 07:02 PM EST

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has called on the U.S. military to reaffirm its core values and ethical conduct, according to a memo released Tuesday.

“As members of the Department of Defense who serve in or support the most powerful military in the world, we represent not only the determination of our country to secure its interests, but also the core values upon which this country and our armed forces were founded,” Austin wrote in the document, dated Monday.

“None of those values is new to us: honesty, integrity, character and selflessness all rank high on the list,” he continues. “I know you treasure these values just as much as I do. I know you believe in them just as much as you believe in the oath you took - the promise you made - when you raised your right hand to serve. And I know I can count on you to conduct yourselves always in a manner that leaves no doubt of your fidelity.”

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/541310-pentagon-chief-calls-on-military-to-reaffirm-values-ethical-conduct

rangerrebew

Re: Pentagon chief calls on military to reaffirm values, ethical conduct
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 11:55:18 am »
Will someone in the military make public EXACTLY what those values and ethical conduct are so everyone knows?  If not those values and ethical conduct become what ever someone says they are.  They then become go to the brig free cards and witch hunt values and conduct. :pondering: