Author Topic: Energy Secretary Granholm on Biden Killing Coal Jobs: They Can ‘Mine the Critical Materials that Go  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Energy Secretary Granholm on Biden Killing Coal Jobs: They Can ‘Mine the Critical Materials that Go Into Batteries’

Pam Key 3 Mar 2021

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm (D) said Wednesday on ABC’s “The View” that coal miners whose jobs are phased out can “mine the critical materials that go into batteries” in a clean energy economy.

Co-host Meghan McCain said, “I thought President Biden was a little tone-deaf when he told coal miners to simply learn to code. John Kerry made a similar comment saying miners could pivot to building solar panels. These just aren’t options for most workers, and these employment retraining programs have a really poor record of leading to actual jobs. What do you say to people worried that the president’s policies will make it hard for them to put food on the table, and what do you say to people that will lose their jobs who think that being told to code is insulting?”

Granholm said, “Well, I mean, first of all, if they want to code, of course, that opportunity should be made available to them. However, there are so many jobs in this clean energy space, Meghan, that have skills that are with the skills that they used in previous jobs. So for example, you know, we want to be able to make sure that we mine the critical materials that go into batteries, and so we should have miners have that opportunity, or to make sure that the pipe fitters and the plumbers and the electricians are going to be installing clean energy. Many countries are powered by the heat that’s that underneath your feet in the Earth called geothermal. In the U.S., we don’t do much of that. It’s clean and renewable electricity. We should be able to put people to work doing things that are similar to the skills that they had before and deploying this clean energy, and there are millions of more jobs that will be created in this clean energy space than there have been in the fossil fuel sector.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/03/03/energy-secretary-granholm-on-biden-killing-coal-jobs-they-can-mine-the-critical-materials-that-go-into-batteries/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Let them eat cake ... hundreds of miles from home ... using very different skills and equipment they haven't learned.

This exemplifies why remote bureaucrats should have zero authority.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

At least he didn’t advise miners to go into computer programming, as usual.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Because driving one of these

Is just the same as running one of these:

Right?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let them eat cake ... hundreds of miles from home ... using very different skills and equipment they haven't learned.

This exemplifies why remote bureaucrats should have zero authority.
It's what you get when people who have never done much are telling those who have what to do.

What about the pipeline guys?

Who is going to reclaim all those land mines in West Virginia?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Like the oil industry, they can all go to Wyoming and work for the Russians mining uranium.  Of course with so many people desperate for a job, it might well pay below minimum wage. 
The main thing is Trump was defeated, so this doesn't even matter,does it ?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm (D) said Wednesday on ABC’s “The View” that coal miners whose jobs are phased out can “mine the critical materials that go into batteries”

So she suggests they move to China and work in the neodymium mines?  Idiot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I would say, like Joe did, they can get coding jobs, but that is a lie.  Biden intends to dramatically up the number of H1-b Visas to further displace Americans from jobs and provide jobs largely for low cost labor from mostly India.  So, his suggestion of coding jobs for miners was just one more chronic lie by Wrecking Ball Joe.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
I remember, after Reagan won the Cold War and the Pot-Smoking Draft Dodging Rapist President was happily shredding the military that Jane Harmon, a Rodent Rep from CA, told the laid off aerospace workers in her district that they could use their skills acquired making state of the art fighter aircraft to make city buses.

Rodents never ever change in their contempt for the people they lord it over.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Hoodat

I remember, after Reagan won the Cold War and the Pot-Smoking Draft Dodging Rapist President was happily shredding the military that Jane Harmon, a Rodent Rep from CA, told the laid off aerospace workers in her district that they could use their skills acquired making state of the art fighter aircraft to make city buses.

Rodents never ever change in their contempt for the people they lord it over.

And Jane Harmon was actually considered to be a Conservative, for a Democrat.  She was eventually pushed out by the Pelosi wing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And Jane Harmon was actually considered to be a Conservative, for a Democrat.  She was eventually pushed out by the Pelosi wing.

I always thought that was a personal problem.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

Pelosi denied Harman the chairmanship of the House Intelligence Committee, for what Pelosi characterized as "ideological reasons".  In 2009 (under Obama), wiretaps conducted in 2005 were 'leaked' to the press, casting Harman in a negative light.  It was all a hit job orchestrated by Pelosi as retaliation against Harman for supporting the Bush war on terrorism.

There is a special place in hell already set up for Nancy Pelosi.